英文单词替换规则

原视频:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFgZbU3AhlY

(一)元音互换

(会变换位置、增减,但意思不变)
a=e=i=o=u(=w=y)(i=ee)
例:
词根uni=one
词根tri=three(h送气脱落)

(二)u=v=w

(以前v和u没有区分)
例:
词根nov=new
词根vol=will

(三)b=p=m=f=v

例:
bene=fine(fine=fin+e)
词根fin=pen=penn(古英语意为羽毛,以前的笔为羽毛制作,笔头是尖的。)

(四)g=k©=h

例:
glue胶水
clue线索
horn角
corn玉米
unicorn独角兽=one horn

(五)m=n=l=r

例:
sun=summer=sol
moon=lun
sam=sem=sim=syn=sy=sym=syl【same】

(六)d=t=s©=th

例:
dent=teeth(h送气脱落,n脱落)
vit=vis=vid=wis=wit【看】

001 点餐

What 's good here

有什么推荐

would recommend

推荐

I would recommend spaghetti and meatballs.

我推荐意大利面和肉球

still working on it

已经开始做,但还没做完

= need more time = not yet completed

Did you finish reading the magazine?

  • I’m still working on it.

Did you fix my car?

  • I’m still working on it.

Have you decided what to do tonight

  • I’m still working on it.

working on it

之前没做,最近才开始做

coke and fries

可乐和炸鸡

Does it come with coke and fries.

提供可乐和炸鸡嘛

complimentary

免费的

It comes with either soup or salad and a complimentary glass of wine

提供汤或者沙拉,以及一瓶免费的酒

Would you like a complimentary dessert.

你要免费的点心吗

go with

选择 = I’ll take ,I’ll choose

I’ll go with the spaghetti ,salad and the wine.

我选择意大利面,沙拉和酒

I’ll go with the red dress instead of the blue one.

我选择红色裙子,而不是蓝色的

与go for相似

I’m gonna go for the red dress instead of the blue one.

grab

吃东西喝东西 = go get quickly

grab some food 吃点东西

grab a drink 喝一口

grab some lunch 吃午饭

grab a bite 吃一口

On your way home can you grab some milk?

你能回来路上买点牛奶吗

取,拿

Wait for me please, I need to grab my coat.

等我一会儿,我拿件衣服

原文

A: Good evening. My name is Fabio, I’ll be your waiter for tonight. May I take your order?
B: No, I’m still working on it. This menu is not even in English. What’s good here?
A: For you sir, I would recommend spaghetti and meatballs.
B: Does it come with coke and fries?
A: It comes with either soup or salad and a complimentary glass of wine, Sir.
B: I’ll go with the spaghetti and meatballs, salad and the wine.
A: Excellent choice, your order will be ready soon.
B: How soon is soon?
A: Twenty minutes?
B: You know what? I’ll just go grab a burger across the street.


002 请病假

quite ill

病得非常重

= very sick

Actually I am feeling quite ill today.

我感觉今儿病得非常重

I’m feeling quite ill today I don’t think I can go to work.

我感觉病得很重,我不觉得今儿可以上班

Andy can’t get out of bed today he must be quite ill.

安迪不能下床应该病得很重

The leason was cancelled because our teacher is quite ill.

课程取消了因为老师病得很重

the flu

流感

= influenza

I think I am coming down with the flu.

我觉得我得了流感

You have a runny nose are you coming down with the flu?

你在流鼻涕,你感冒了嘛

headache

头疼

When you drink too much you get a headache.

酒喝多了头疼

sore

sore throat 咽喉痛

sore back 后背疼

sore arm 手臂疼

sore neck 脖子疼

runny nose

流鼻涕

I have a headache, sore throat, runny nose and I’m feeling slightly feverish.

我头疼,嗓子疼,流鼻涕,还感觉在发烧

You have a runny nose are you coming down with the flu?

你在流鼻涕,你感冒了嘛

slightly feverish

有发烧的感觉,但身体温度并不高

recover

休息

I was so busy this week so I need to recover this weekends.

我这周太忙了,这周末我要好好休息

coming down with

逐渐得了(某个病)

I don’t feel well, I think I’m coming down with flu/cough/something

我不太舒服,我好像得病了【不知道哪种病就说something.】

I don’t feel well, I can feel that I’m coming down with the flu.

我不太舒服,好像得病了

You have a running nose are you coming down with the flu?

你在流鼻涕,你感冒了嘛

My throat hurts I hope I’m not coming down with the flu.

我嗓子疼我希望没得流感

calling in sick

请病假

包括:I don’t feel well, I think I’m coming down with something so I’m not going to go to work today.

Are you calling in sick?

你是在请病假吗?

Our meeting was postponed because my clients called in sick.

咱们会议推迟了,因为顾客请病假

If he calls in sick one more time will fire him.

他再请一次病假就炒了他

I almost called in sick today.

我今儿差点请病假

take the day off

放一天假

take the month off 放一天假

take the year off 放一年假

I am hoping to take the day off to recover.

我想今儿休息一天来养病

How may/can I help you

我如何帮助您

Polite offered to help.

Sir you look lost , may I help you?

先生您好像迷路了,我能帮您吗?

May I help you find something.

我能帮您找吗?

I was wondering may I help you prepare your report.

我能帮您处理报告吗?

原文

A: Hello, Daniel speaking, how may I help you?
B: Hi, Daniel, Julie here.
A: Hi, Julie, how are you?
B: Actually, I’m feeling quite ill today.
A: I’m sorry to hear that. What’s wrong?
B: I think I’m coming down with the flu. I have a headache, a sore throat a runny nose and I’m feeling
slightly feverish.
A: I see… so you’re calling in sick?
B: Yes, I was hoping to take the day off to recover.
A: OK, then. Try and get some rest.


003 入住酒店

concierge

kɒnsieəʳʒ

看门人,门房

In a hotel, a concierge is an employee who helps guests, for example by making restaurant reservations.

check in

入住登记

I’d like to check in please.

我想登记入住

check out

退出

I’d like to check out please.

under the name

以……之名

在酒店或饭店,告诉接待员名字,让他们知道你就是他们等待的人【you are the person that they have been expecting】

I have a reservation under the name lthero.

我以我的名字lthero 预定了

My secretary made a reservation under my name.

我秘书以我的名字预定了

I’m sorry sir, I don’t have the reservation under that name.

对不起先生,您名下没有预定

Do you have the reservation under the name Smith.

你有Smith的预定吗

confirmation number

确认号

This is my confirmation number.

这是我的确认号

receipt

收据

your grocery receipt with the sponsor of this video.

mix up

出错了,搞错了

= confusion / misunderstaning

There was a mix up at the airport and my bags are sent to antarctica.

机场那边出错了,导致我的包裹被送到南极洲

I’m sorry sir there’s been terrible mix up , we giving you the wrong baby.

对不起先生,我们搞错了,孩子给错了

overbooked

酒店hotel 、饭店restaurant 等场所爆满了

a bus or a train can be overbooked.

公交或火车人满了

complimentary upgrade

免费升级

当酒店被爆满(overbooked)时,他们的普通房间满了,会免费升级成高档房间

在飞机上,如果经济仓(economy class)满人则免费升仓到商务仓(business class)或头等仓(first class)

we are pleased to offer you a complimentary upgrade.

我们乐意为您免费升级

For some reason, the economy class is overbooked due to a mix up so the they will give you a comlimentary upgrade to move you to business class or first class.

出于某些原因,出于某个错,导致经济仓满了,他们提供免费升仓

deluxe

豪华的

deluxe edition

豪华版

deluxe room

高级房间

self-esteem

自尊

You lose because your ego is big but your self-esteem is vulnerable.

你输了,因为你非常自我,但你自尊心很脆弱。

原文

A: Good afternoon. What can I do for you?
B: I’d like to check in please. I have a reservation under the name Anthony Roberts.
A: All right R.O.B.E.R.T.S… Oh, Mr. Roberts we’ve been expecting you and here is your keycard to
the presidential suite.
B: But there must be some mistake; my reservation was for a standard room.
A: Are you sure? Let me double check .
B: Yeah&Here, this is my confirmation number.

A: You’re right Mr. Roberts, there seems to be a mixup, unfortunately we’re overbooked at the moment .
B: So
A: Not to worry. We’re pleased to offer you a complimentary upgrade.
B: Presidential suite baby!


004 新助手

intern

实习生

working at a company with a very low salary or somethimes no salary at all but your’re gaining is experience and you’re learning a lot of things

Here’s an idea, what if we hire an intern?

我有个主意,招个实习生吧

resources

资源,钱

the office doesn’t have enough resources.

办公室没钱了

Intel has a lot of resources for research development.

Intel有许多资源来开发研究

We don’t have enough resources to start a new project.

我们没钱开展新项目

understaffed

人手不足

they don’t have enough people working there.

Hospitals in poor regions of Afirca are understaffed.

非洲贫穷地区的医院人手不足

I did overtime last week beacause the company is understaffed.

我上周加班因为公司缺人

The factory is less producing than usual because it’s understaffed.

工厂生产比往常少因为缺人

overstaffed

人手过多

haing too many employees

The timing is just not right

时机不对

I was gonna sell my house, but the timing is just not right.

我想过卖掉我的房子,但时候不好

Honey, I think we should have a baby

亲爱的,要个孩子?

The timing is just not right for us to have a baby.

现在不是个好时间

weight off my shoulders

减轻我的负担

to take weight off my shoulders is another way of saying to help with my work or to take some of my work away from me.

If you have a lot of things to do and I come and help you that means that I took some of the weight off your shoulders.

如果你手头很忙,我过来帮您,意味着我减少了你的负担

Honey, can you come and help me to take weight off my shoulders.

亲爱的,你能过来帮助减少下负担吗

She would really takes some of the weight off my shoulders.

她可以帮我减少负担

Could you help me plan the party , that would really take some weight off my shoulders.

您能帮我策划派对吗,这可以帮我减少负担

Finishing that project was a big weight off my shoulders.

那个项目的完成减少我的负担

Winning a lottery took great weight off my shoulders.

中彩票可以帮我减少负担

give me a hand with

帮我一把

Can you give me a hand with these boxes?

您能帮我拿这些箱子吗

Neil, I’ll need you to give me a hand with this sales report.

Neil我需要你帮我整理销售报告

Here, let me give you a hand with your suitcase.

让我帮您拿行李

She could give me a hand with some of these projects and we could keep our costs down.

她能帮我完成项目并保持低开支

keep our costs down

保持较少的开支

not spent so much money.

Mnay companies control how much printing you do to keep the costs down of paper.

许多公司控制打印来控制纸张开支

She could give me a hand with some of these projects and we could keep our costs down.

reduce spending / cut costs

减少开支

that sounds reasonable

可以,合理

= It’s ok.

Paying 30 dollars for a new shoes sounds resonable.

花30美元买一双鞋很合理

Your salary request doesn’t sounds reasonable.

你的工薪要求不合理

原文

A: …like I told you before, we just don’t have the resources to hire you an assistant.
B: I understand that, but the fact is we’re understaffed.
A: The timing is just not right. The economy is bad, and it’s too risky to take on new staff.
B: Yeah, I guess you’re right… here’s an idea, what if we hire an intern? She would take some (of the)weight
off my shoulders.
A: She?
B: Yeah, you know, a recent graduate. She could give me a hand with some of these projects and we could keep our costs down
A: That sounds reasonablelet me see what I can do.
A: Tony, I’d like to introduce you to your new assistant.
B: OK, great! Let’s meet her!
C: Hi, I’m Adam.
B: Oh… hi… I’m Tony…


005 插队

calm and relax

放松冷静

She’s tring to calm and relax her husband.

她在让她老公冷静

unbelievable

难以致信的

something incredible or somethin amazing

She was an unbelievable role model.

她是一个令人难以置信的榜样。

It’s an unbelievable experience.

令人难以置信的经历。

will be

此处表示未来身处某个地方

We’ll be in Hawaii and you’ll be on the golf course.

我们会在夏威夷,你会在高尔夫课上

I’ll be in the office tomorrow.

我明儿会在办公室

I’ll still be in my room tomorrow.

我明儿还是在房间里面

a mile long

【抽像】队伍太长了

It must be a mile long!

这队伍太长了

there’s no way

没门

There’s no way I can have these reports finished today.

我今儿不可能把这些报告完成

The stadium is so crowed that there’s no way we’ll find a seat.

体育馆人太多了,不可能找到座位的

Do you think Mike’s gonna buy that house

There’s no way he has enough money to buy it.

你觉得Mike会买这个房子吗?不可能他没这么多钱

There’s no way I’m waiting for another two hours.

我不可能再等2小时

stand in line

排队

they were handing out water but you had to go stand in line to get it.

他们已经发布,但你需要排队得到它

line up

排队,站队,对齐

make sure you line up the notch in the corner of the SIM card

确保将 SIM 卡角上的槽口对齐

and make sure all their Xs line up.

并确保他们所有的 X 都排成一行。

People will line up to pay those prices.

人们会排队付钱

cut in line

插队

when you stand in line ,somebody gets in front of you.

Excuse me! I’m really late, can I cut in line please?

对不起,我迟到了,我能插队吗?

I hate it when people cut in line in the bank, it’s so rude.

我讨厌在银行插队的人,这很没礼貌

I think it’s okey when a pregnant woman cuts in line.

我觉得孕妇可以插队

hey man, the end of the line is over there, I was here first,and you can’t cut in the line like this.

队尾在那边,你不能像这样插队

sue me

起诉我

if you hear that , you know are in trouble.

I see you at court.

a few hours from now

几个小时后

we expect later on today a few hours from now.

我们希望今天的几个小时后……

just in a few hours from now, we will launch in China

几个小时后,我们会在中国发布

原文

A: I can’t believe it took us two hours to get here. The traffic in New York is unbelievable.
B: Yeah, but just relax honey, we’re here and we’re going on vacation. In a few hours we’ll be in Hawaii, and you’ll be on the golf course.
A: Oh no!Look at that line! It must be a mile long! There’s no way I’m waiting for another two hours.
B: Honey… don’t…

C: Hey man, the end of the line is over there.
A: Yeah…
C: No seriously, I was here first, and you can’t cut in line like this.
A: Says who?
C: I do!
A: So sue me!
C: Alright…that’s it…


006 旅行

road trip

公路旅行

= long car trip

I’ve been on a million road trips.

我经历过许多次公路旅行

Do you like road trips? I don’t like road trips.

我不喜欢公路旅行

Let’s take a road trip.

Do you want to take a road trip.

be packed

已装满,挤满了

Did you packed the car? The car is packed.

车装满了【全部需要的东西都在车里】everything you need is inside of the car.

the road is packed

路上非常拥塞

The concert was fully packed.

音乐会挤满了人

The supermarket is not as packed as before.

超市人不像往常多

My suitcase is packed ,so we ready to go.

我行李已经打包好了,我们可以出发了

Munchies

零食

Snacks, food, chips ,cookies

I’m staving ,do you have any munchies.

我饿了,你有零食吗

Let’s get some munchies for the trip.

咱们为旅行整点零食

We don’t have any munchies ,can we go to the store.

咱们没零食了,可以去商店吗

fill up the tank

把油箱装满

Put gas in the gas tank

Did you remember to fill up the tank?

油箱满了嘛

I only have 5 dollars so I can’t fill up the tank.

我只有5元不能加满

I fill up my tank on my way home from work.

pit stop

进站

【quick stop】短暂的停车,加油、买食物、上厕所等

We need some gus , can we make a pit stop.

我们需要加油,能临时停车吗

We make a pit stop in a hour, we eat lunch then.

我们停下一个小时,我们那时吃饭

I’m sorry I’m late, I made a pit stop on my way home

抱歉我迟到了,因为中途停下一次

get all bases covered

做好十足准备,为每一种可能性做好准备

We’ve got all our bases covered in case the hurriane hits.

我们做好了台风到来的准备

Okey, I have my keys , wallet and passport ,it looks like I have all my bases covered.

我有钥匙,钱包和护照看来我已经准备好了

get going

出发

We have long trip today, so let’s get going.

路还很长,让我们出发!

What time do you want to get going in the morning.

你想早上几点走

What time did you get going in the morning

你早上几点出发的?

We didn’t get going until lunch time.

午饭前我们才出发

I have another meeting in twenty minites,so, let’s get down to business.

让我们言归正传

Let’s get out of here!

让我们出去

If you have all bases covered ,which means we are all ready to go then let’s get going.

如果你把各方面都准备好了,咱们走吧

I’m glad to see that you’re not too badly hurt, and I should probably get going. I have a nine o’clock meeting.

我很高兴你没受到重伤,我还有个会议,我先走了

all ready to go

准备好出发了吗

= Can we go now/ get ready to go

Are we all ready to go?

可以出发了吗

It’s all set

一切准备就绪/准备好了

It’s ready/It’s prepared

I’ve got everything already, so it’s all set for the trip.

我一切准备好了,可以动身了

Are you all set to go to the airport.

你准备好去机场了吗

We are all set, this’s gonna be a great trip.

我们都准备好了

high way

高速公路

= free way

They paid for using the high way

他们上高速付钱

passenger 乘客

driver 司机

原文

A: So, are we all ready to go?
B: Yup, I think so. The car’s packed; we have munchies and music, and the map’s in the car.
A: Did you get the camera?
B: Got it! Did you fill up the tank?
A: Yup, it’s all set.
B: You’re sure we’re not forgetting anything?
A: I’m sure… we’ve got all our bases covered.
B: Well& let’s get going then! I love road trips!
B: Um… do you think we can make a pit stop?
A: But we’ve only been on the road for ten minutes.
B: I know, but I forgot to go to the bathroom before we left.


007 电脑病毒

virus

病毒

a computer virus is a program that is designed to harm or to damage your computer.

computer viruses cause a lot of problems.

电脑病毒会制造大麻烦

If you don’t have a virus production software, you’ll get a computer virus.

如果你没有防毒软件,可能会感染病毒

How can I protect my computer from getting a virus.

我应该如何防护电脑不中毒

freeze

停止,冻住,保持静止

if you computer freeze, it means that your computer stopped working properly , and your applications and your programs stop working and you can’t do anything/you can do nothing.

If your computer freezes, you have to shut it down.

如果你电脑卡住了,你得关机

Somthing is wrong with my mobile phone, it keeps freezing.

我手机出问题了,它一直卡住

The files aren’t ready yet, because my computer froze last night.

文件没完成,昨晚电脑卡住了

infected file

被感染的文件

a file in your computer that has a virus in it.

corrupt file

damaged or broken computer file that cannot be opened.

已损坏的文件

Oh crap, we have a corrupt file.

糟糕,发现一个损坏文件

not up to date

不是最新的

it doesn’t have all the most recent information.

I need to buy a new computer, because mine isn’t up to date.

我想买个新电脑,我的电脑不是最新的

I can’t find the street, are you sure this map is up to date

我找不到这条街,你确定地图是最新的?

Sir, I’ve just finished the report, all the information is up to date.

我刚刚完成了汇报表,所有信息都就最新的

Is my virus protection software up to date?

我防毒软件是最新的吗

You should look these files here, it has the most up to date sales numbers.

你应该看看这些文件,上面有最新销售数据

The information I have isn’t up to date.

我拥有的信息不是最新的

be right up/there/out/down

我马上到

Can you help me with my computer?

I’ll be right there.

能来帮我修电脑吗?我来了

Come downstairs,dinner is ready.

I’ll be right down.

快下楼,晚饭好了!我下来了

Hurry up, I need to use the bathroom!

Just a minite, I’ll be riht out.

快点,我要上厕所!我出来了

I’ll be right down to help you with your computer.

我马上下楼帮您搞电脑

I’m downstairs taking to him, but I’ll be right up to see you.

我现在楼下和他说话,我马上楼见您

I’ll be right over when I’m finished writting this email.

我写完邮件马上来

it turns out that

结果是

Frank didn’t come to work today and it turns out that he was sick.

Frank今儿没来上班,原因是他生病了

acting up

出现问题,无法正常工作

Can you come and take a look at my computer , it’s acting up again.

您能来看下我电脑吗,它又坏了

Your computer is fixed now, it shouldn’t act up anymore.

你电脑修好了,应该不会再出问题

This TV is always act up, I need to buy a new one

电脑总是有问题,我要买个新的

When the weather is cold , My car acts up.

天气太冷,我车出问题了

take a look at

查看,检测,检查

Can you come and take a look at my computer , it’s acting up again.

您能来看下我电脑吗,它又坏了

I need you to take a look at these reports after they been added.

我需要你查看一遍这些被添加后的报告

Take a look at this bill, it’s so expensive.

检查下这个账单,太贵了

Come to take a look at these pictures, you looked so young.

过来看看这些照片,你看着很年轻

pick up

= get, acquire 得到,学得,习得

browse

浏览,不经意的看

I’m just browsing.

我只随便看看

If you browse in a shop, you look at things in a fairly casual way.

如果在光顾商店,你不经意的看商品

browse the internet

上网

I didn’t get anything done at work, I was browsing the internet all day.

我什么事儿都没做,我一直在上网

Will you browsing the internet today?

你今儿上网吗

It’s important to keep your credit card number safe when browsing the internet.

上网是保护好信用卡号很重要

web browser

浏览器

a program that allows you to go on the internet.

computer technician

电脑技术,电脑技工,维修师

This happens in large corporate offices where computer technicians frequently upgrade and maintain computers.

大公司里面的电脑技工常常维新电脑

surf the net

上网查阅信息

look for information on the internet

原文

A: Oh great! This stupid computer froze again! Thats the third time today! Hey Samuel, can you come take a look at my PC? Its acting up again. It must have a virus or something.
B: Just give me a second; Ill be right up.
B: I ran a virus scan on your computer, and it turns out that you have a lot of infected files!
A: But Im quite careful when Im browsing the internet, I have no idea how I could have picked up a virus.
B: Well, you have to make sure that your anti-virus software is updated regularly; yours wasn’t up to date, that’s probably what was causing your problems.
A: Ok. Anything else?
B: Yeah, try not to kick or hit the computer!
A: Um yeah& Sorry about that.


008 偶遇忘记名字

in a bit of a hurry

我目前没时间

= I don’t have time.

Can you drive faster? I’m in a bit of a hurry

能开快点嘛,我赶时间

I can’t talk right now, I’m in a bit of a hurry.

我现在没空讲话,我赶时间

I’m in a bit of a hurry now, so I’ll check the files later.

我现在没时间,一会再检查文件

I’m in a bit of a hurry now, so I’ll talk to you later.

我现在没空,一会儿和你说

He’s wife is having a baby, so he’s in a bit of hurry.

他妻子正在生孩子,他现在很急

in a rush

匆匆

move quickly no have much time.

contact details

【生意卡片上的】联系方式

姓名、手机号、邮箱号、地址等

so people can phone you or email you

Do you have the contact details of our internet service provider. cuz we need a internet technician to fix this problem, it’s acting up again.

你有咱们网络服务提供商联系方式吗

Here is my card with all my contact details.

这卡片上有我的全部联系方式

I don’t have your contact details.

我没有你的联系方式

slip my mind

忘记了可以forget一起用

= I forget something accidently

I’m sorry I forget to response your email, it just slipped my mind.

对不起忘记回复你邮件,我忘记了

Don’t you know what the day it is today?

Oh it’s your birthday,it completely(literally) slipped my mind.

记得今儿是什么日子吗?

我忘了!是你生日

I forget I have a dentist appointment this afternoon, it must slipped my mind.

我忘了下午还有看牙

around here

在这附近

Execuse me, Is there a bank around here?

这附近有银行吗?

Did I leave my keys somewhere around here.

我有把钥匙留在这儿吗

around the corner

非常近

on the next street

There is a great restaurant right around the corner.

附近有个不错的饭馆

If you looking for the bank there’s one right around the corner.

如果你在找银行,附近刚好有个

There used to be a supermarket right around the corner, but it went out of business.

这附近曾经有个超市,但经营不好

You can find the parking space right around the corner.

你可以在附近找到停车场

around there

在那附近

Los Santos is a great city, I used to lived around there.

洛圣都是个好地方,我曾经在那住过

terrible with

某个方面太差了

You’re terrible with numbers, you can’t remember your own number.

你对数字太不敏感了!自己的号码都记不住

I’m terrilbe with directions , I always get lost.

我方向感不好,我经常迷路

I’m terrilbe with faces, I can’t never remember what people look like.

我脸盲,我不能记住人们长相

I always make mistakes with budget , I’m terrible with numbers.

我总把预算搞砸,我数学不好

how’s it going

最近怎样

见面问候

What’s up? – no much, nothing

How are you. great, good , well, ok, fine

how are you doing?

How about you?

What are you doing?

What are you up to?

回复

I’m pretty good.

I’m doing great.

I’m doing really well today.

to recognise

认出

to know and remember someone or something you’ve seen before

acquaintance

熟人

someone you know , but you are not close friends.

forgettable

容易忘记的

原文

A: Nick! How’s it going?

B: Oh, hey…

A: What are you doing in this neighbourhood? Do you live around here?

B: Actually, my office is right around the corner.

A: It was great to meet you last week at the conference. I really enjoyed our conversation about foreign investment.

B: Yeah, yeah, it was really interesting. You know, I’m in a bit of a hurry, but here’s my card. We should definitely meet up again and continue our discussion.

A: Sure, you still have my contact details, right ?

B: You know what, this is really embarrassing, but your name has just slipped my mind. Can you remind me?

A: Sure, my name is Ana Ferris. Don’t worry about it;(it’s not such a big deal) it happens to me all the time. I’m terrible with names too.


009 电影院不安静

inconsiderate

不顾忌他人的,不体贴的

Stop be inconsiderate and switch down the TV, I’m trying to sleep.

体贴点并关掉电视,我想睡觉

It was inconsiderate of you to make me wait 25 minutes.

你太不体贴了,让我等了25分钟

Alen is so inconsiderate ,she’s always late for meeting.

Alen 很不体贴,她经常迟到。

keep it down

安静

Execuse me, do you mind keeping it down,it after midnight.

抱歉,您能安静吗?现在是午夜

I’m tring to study, do you mind keeping it down?

我正在学习,你能安静点吗?

Do you mind keeping it down, I’m tring to watch the game.

您们能安静吗,我想看比赛

Do you mind keeping it down, I’m tring to get some work done.

能安静吗,我想做点事情

It’s four in the morning ,can you keep it down.

现在才四点,能安静点吗

Keep it down, I’m on the phone.

安静,我在打电话

not such a big deal

没什么大不了

I can’t get these files due by tomorrow, it’s ok ,It’s not such a big deal.

明天前我拿不到文件;没事,没什么大事

I’m really sorry, I’m gonna be ten minutes late for the meeting.

It’s not such a big deal, Peter and I are late too.

对不起,我会迟到10分钟

没事

It won’t be such a big deal if you forget to wish dishes tonight.

你晚上不洗碗没什么事儿

I don’t think it will be such a big deal if you are 5 minutes late tomorrow.

你明儿迟到5分钟没什么事儿

I just make one small mistake ,it’s not such a big deal

我只是犯个小错,没什么的

switch it off

关掉

Did you switch off your phone.

Did you swithc your phone off.

Switch off the TV.

Switch the TV off.

Switch it off.

Remember to switch off your phone before class.

记得上课前关掉手机

Can you switch the light off before leave the office

你走前可以关灯吗

Oh ,no the TV still on I forget to switch it off.

电视还在开,我忘记关了

Can’t hear a thing

听不到

What’s goning on in there?

I don’t know, I can’t hear a thing

发生什么了,我不知道,我听不到

What ? This music is too load, I can’t hear a thing

什么?音乐声音太大,我听不到

Can you speak loader? I can’t hear a thing.

说话大点声,我听不见

Something wrong with my phone ,I can’t hear a thing when you call.

我手机有问题,你打电话我听不见

Would/Do you mind

非常谦虚的请求

Do you mind holding my coat for me?

能帮我拿下大衣吗

Oh, I forget my wallet ,do you mind paying for dinner.

我忘带钱包了,能帮我付账

noise

吵闹

rudu

不礼貌= impolite

to disturpt

打断

to whisper

小声说话

【也可以作为讽刺,以下生气的语气】

Do you mind turning off your phone.

能关掉手机吗

Do you mind keeping it down.

能安静吗

原文

A: Those people in front of us are making so much noise. Its so inconsiderate!
B: Dont worry about it; it’s not such a big deal.
A: Oh… I can’t hear a thing! Excuse me, can you keep it down?
C: Sure, sorry about that!
A: Someone’s phone is ringing!
B: Honey, I think its your phone. Did you forget to switch it off?
A: Oh, no! You’re right. That’s so embarrassing!
C: Do you mind keeping it down? I’m trying to watch a movie here!


010 开会

drive sales

提高销量

if we want to drive sales, I think we need to spend more time to training our sale’ s people.

如果我们想提高销量,我们需要花时间训练销售人员

The most important thing for us right now is focus on driving sales.

目前最重要的事是专注于提高销量

I think if we increate out marketing budget , it’ll help us to drive sales in fouth quarter.

我认为我们应该提高市场部预算,以助于在第四季度提高销量

sale strategy

销售策略

customer loyalty

顾客忠诚

promotion

【市场销售策略】促销

two for one offered is a promotion.

买二送一

We can’t have a sale promotion right now, because our costs are too high.

我们目前不能搞促销,现在成本太高

The department store offering promotion everything is 50% off, let’s go shopping.

百货商场现在有五折促销,走去逛逛

A two for one promotion will be a way to attract new customers.

买二送一促销可以吸引新顾客

we are considering a sales promotion.

我们考虑搞促销

match the competitors

和其它 竞争对手一样,或者更好

we guarantee that we can match the competitors’ lowest price.

我们保证可以有比竞争更低的价格

It’s impossible for us to match the competitors , our costs is just too high.

我们不可能比得过竞争对手,我们成本太高

Do you think we can match our competitors’ prices and still keep our quality high?

你认为我们可以像竞争对手价格低,但质量更好吗

in the market

同行业上

= in the industry

Englishpod is the best pod in the market.

Englishpod是同行业最好的播客

ipod is the most popular mp3 player in the market.

ipod是最好的mp3播放器

Our product is the cheapest in the market.

Our product has the lowest price in the market.

我们产品是同行业最便宜的

will never fly

没用,不成功,无效

it’ll never work

This marketing plan will never fly, it’s just too expensive, we just don’t have enough resouces for it.

这个市场策略不可能成功的,太贵了

What ? You want to sell bikinis in Alaska? That’ll never fly.

什么?你想在阿拉斯加卖比基尼?不可能成功

Bill told me his idea for film script, but the story will never fly, it’s not interesting enough.

Bill告诉我想拍电影,但故事不行,没意思

will be here any minutes

不久就到

I’ll be here soon.

the boss will be here any minutes.

老板马上到

Nick just called ,he said he should be here any minutes.

Nick 刚打电话说他马上到

Is there everything prepared for the meeting , the CEO will be here any minutes.

万事具备了吗?老板马上到

  • It’s all set./ we’ve got all of our bases covered.
  • 都准备好了

consider

考虑

something we need to consider

we are considering a sales promotion.

我们考虑搞促销

I think we need to consider a new sale strategy.

我们需要想个新销售策略

Have you consider reducing the price.

你考虑过降价吗

brilliant

好极了

That’s a brilliant idea.

那个主意真好

This’s a brilliant marketing plan.

市场方案真好

What’a brilliant suggestion.

这个建议真好

concrete solutions

具体方案

a real and specific solution to a problem.

I expect each of you to come to meeting tomorrow with concrete solutions for our recruit problem.

我希望您们明天开会时,能提供解决招聘问题的具体解决方案

Have you come up with any concrete solution?

你能想到一些具体解决方案吗

I’m sorry , but I just can’t offer any concrete solution right now.

对不起,但我现在无法提供具体解决方案

like the sound of that

同意,喜欢这个……

I kind of like the sound of that. It sounds like something we should consider.

我有点喜欢这个想法。这听起来像是我们应该考虑的事情。

原文

A: All right, people. We’re holding this meeting today because we’ve got to do something about our sales, and we need to do it NOW! I want concrete solutions. How do you plan to drive sales… Roger?
B: Well, in fact, we’re the most expensive in the market, so maybe we need to lower our prices to match the competitors?
A: Lower our prices? Not very creative. It’ll never fly with Swan. What kind of thinking is that? Geez. Anyone else have a better plan? Natalie?
C: Um, perhaps, um, a sales promotion. Maybe a two-for-one offer, or something like that!
A: What? That’s the same thing. Bad idea. Really bad idea. Dammit! people come on! Think! The CEO will be here any minute.
D: Do we have any ideas yet?
C: Yes Mr. Swan, we were kind of considering a two for-one offer to get more competitive.
D: A two-for-one promotion? Hmm. I kind of like the sound of that. It sounds like something we should consider.
A: Yeah, exactly. Just what I was thinking! In fact, that’s a brilliant idea! I’m glad we thought of that. Very creative.


011 奇怪的邻居

gossy up

闲言碎语

weird/odd/bizzar/creepy

奇怪

Last night, I kept hearing a weird sound I don’t know what it is.

昨晚我一直听到奇怪声音,我不清楚那是什么声音

Our teacher seems a bit of weird ,don’t you think?

我们老师有些奇怪,你学得呢

The weirdest thing happen to me yesterday, a pack of monkey stole my car keys.

昨儿我遇到个奇怪的事儿,一群猴子偷了我的车钥匙

house warming gift

新家礼物

a bad feeling

不好的感觉

I don’t like Ali’s new boyfriend I get a bad feeling about him.

我不喜欢她的新男友,我有不好的感觉

It’s so dark we shouldn’t be out here , I get a bad about this .

这太黑了我们不应该在外面,我有不好的感觉

I get a bad feeling about this trip, I think something is going to happen,maybe we should go.

我对这旅行有不好的感觉,有些不好的事儿要发生,咱们还是走吧

I have a bad feeling about this sale strategy, I think it’s goning to fail

我对这个策略有种不好的感觉,我认为它不会成功

kick sb out

强迫别人离开

If you don’t quiet, I’ll kick you out of this meeting.

如果你不安静,请出去

We got kicked out of the restaruant at minight, because they were closing.

我们昨晚被请出餐厅,因为他们关门了

That’s it! I’m kicking you out of the class, go study in the hall.

停!我要把你请出去,去大厅学习

creeped me out

有一点点害怕

Did you hear that, I think I really hear something

Stop it, you creep me out.

你听到了吗?我好像听到什么了!别说了,你吓到我了

This place really creeps me out,let’s get out of here.

这地方吓死我了

This old house is so scary, it’s really creeping me out.

这房子太可怕了,吓到我

The last time I walked home alone at night, I really got creeped out.

上次我晚上走回家,我真的怕

scare the heck/shit out of me

真的吓到我了

I almost got a car accident yesterday, that really scares the heck out of me.

我昨儿差点车祸,吓死我了

Don’t wear the vampire mask, you scare the heck out the baby.

别戴着吸血鬼面具,你吓到宝宝了

I’m terrified with clown, they scare the heck out of the me.

我害怕小丑,他们吓死我了

I don’t know if you heard,but……【聊八卦】

你知道吗

= Did you hear? Did you know about

I don’t know if you heard ,but Suzn and Mike break up.

我听说了吗?她们分手了

I don’t know if you have heard,but new manager is single.

你听说了吗?新主管单身

I don’t know if you heard,but Mike quit his job yesterday.

你听说了吗?他昨儿辞职了

Fill me in

告诉我

= get me the details / tell me about it

I can’t go to the today’s meeting, but can you fill me in on the important detail?

我今儿不能去会议,你把重要信息告诉我

What was your date? You have to fill me in.

你的约会怎样?快告诉我

Mike missed the class yesterday, but I fill him in on the homework assignment.

Mike昨儿没上课,但我把作业告诉他了

You’ll never guess what I saw/hear

Who I saw/ what I hear【告诉别人信息时】

你决不知道我看到了什么

You’ll never guess what I heard, Peter and Ana are getting married…

你决不知道我听到什么,Peter和Ana要结婚了

You’ll never guess what I saw, Bill my boyfriend from high school

你决不知道我看到了什么,我看到高中男友

You’ll never guess what I heard,she’s moving to a new place.

你决不知道我听到什么,她要搬家到新地方

Guess what

介绍惊喜的消息

Guess what? I’m getting married.

Have a confession to make

我得坦白

原文

A: Oh, I don’t know if you have heard, but someone moved into that old house down the road.
B: Yeah, I know. I met the owner of the house yesterday as he was moving in. His name is Armand.
A: Really? What’s he like? You have to fill me in.
B: Actually, he’s a bit strange. I don’t know… I’ve got a bad feeling about him.
A: Really? Why?
B: Well, yesterday I brought over a housewarming gift,but Armand started acting really weird, and then he practically kicked me out! I tried to, sort of, peek into his house, but everything was so dark inside that I couldn’t really get a good look. The whole thing really creep me out.
A: Well, you’ll never guess what I saw this morning. A delivery truck pulled into his driveway, and it dropped off a long, rectangular box. It almost looked like a coffin!
B: You see! Why would he…
C: Hello ladies…
B: Ah, Armand! You scared the heck out of me! This is my friend Doris.
C: A pleasure to meet you…If you are not doing anything tonight, I would like to have you both for dinner. I mean…I would like to have you both over for dinner.


012 脏乱的房间

such a mess

一片脏乱

Your room is such a mess, you need to clean it.

你房间太乱,你得打扫下

The garage is such a mess, I can’t find anything in here.

车库太乱了,我找不到任何东西

When you cook , you always make such a mess.

你每次做饭都弄得一团糟

Chores

家务事

When I was younger, I used to help my monther with daily chores

我小时候常帮助我妈做家务

I wish I could go with your guys, but I have to finish my chores.

我希望我可以和您们一起去,但我要做家务

I hate doing chores espectically wash the dishes.

我讨厌做家务,尤其是洗盘子

tidy up

把物品放回原位

I want to tidy up my closet today because my clothes are all over the floor.

我想清理衣橱,我所有衣服都在地板上

Since I cook dinner tonight , you can tidy up the kitchen

我今晚做饭,你打扫厨房

If you want to go out side and play , you need to tidy up your room

如果你想出去玩,得先打扫你房间

Every morning I tidy up my room before leave for work.

我每早上班前都会打扫自己房间

spotless

干净,整洁

My desk is spotless

我桌子很干净

I spend all morning cleaning my car ,so now it’s spotless.

我花了一早上时间打扫车子,现在很干净

You did the great job clean the kitchen ,it’s spotless.

厨房打扫得不错,很干净

We need to make sure that house is spotless before the guess arrive.

我们要确保在客人到达前让房屋整洁

Mall

大超市

grocery

百货,食品杂货店

There’s no mike, can you go to the grocery store.

没牛奶了,你能去百货店买点吗

Here’s the grocery list , I need all of these things, so that I can cook dinner tonight ,don’t forget anything.

这是购物清单,我需要全部的东西来做晚饭,记得买全了

I hate grocery shoping, I can never find what I’m looking for.

我讨厌购物,我找不到想要的

We need to buys some grocery for this week

我们得去买点这周用的用品

I forget the grocery list at home, but don’t worry, I remember everything that was on it

我把购物清单记在家了,但不用担心,我记得要买什么

Don’t forget to buy some milk at grocery store on your way home.

回来路上记得买点牛奶

sweep and mop the floor

拖地

I’m in the middle of something

我在忙

= I’m bussy, I’m doing sth.

I’m in the middle of something right now, so I’ll call you back in 10 minutes

我正在忙,10分钟后回电话

I can’t go to lunch now, I’m in the middle of something really important.

我现在不去吃午饭,我现在忙很重要的事

I hate it when people interrupt me when I’m in the middle of something.

我讨厌我正在忙时别人打扰我

I’ll be there in a second

我马上到

= I’ll be there soon/I’ll be right there.

I’m in the middle of something, I’ll be there in a second.

我现在忙,马上来

Come downstairs,dinner is ready.

I’ll be there in second.

饭好了,快下楼吃

我马上来

Why don’t you ……

给建议 或 有礼貌的请别人做某事

= Would you/ Could you

Why don’t you clean the floors and I’ll go to the supermarket and get all the groceries.

不如你去打扫地面,我去超市买货物

pick up

拿点/买点

= grab

Can you pick up a bottle of wine on your way home.

回来路上可以买点酒吗?

vacuum

吸尘器

vacuum the house/ vacuum the car.

打扫房间,打扫车

immaculate

一尘不染

perfect clean have no dirt at all

do the laundry

洗衣服

wash the dirty cloth

garbage / trash / rubbish

垃圾

rubbish 英式

trash 美式

dish detergent

洗碗剂

原文

A: Honey, the house is such a mess! I need you to help me tidy up a bit. My boss and her husband are coming over for dinner and the house needs to be spotless!
B: I’m in the middle of something right now. I’ll be there in a second.
A: This can’t wait! I need your help now!
B: Alright, alright. I’m coming.
A: Ok, here’s a list of chores we need to get done. I’ll do the dishes and get all the groceries for tonight. You can sweep and mop the floors. Oh, and the furniture needs to be dusted.
B: You know what, I have to pick something up at the mall, so why don’t you clean the floors and I’ll go to the supermarket and get all the groceries.
A: Sure that’s fine. Here is the list of all the things you need to get. Dont forget anything! And can you pick up a bottle of wine on your way home?
B: Hey, honey I’m back. Wow, the house looks really good!
A: Great! Can you set the table?
B: Just a sec I’m just gonna vacuum this rug real fast.
A: Wait! Don’t turn it on


013 奇怪的花销

a profit and loss statement

收入与开支账单

revenue

收益

cash flow

现金流

finance

资产,财源

income

收入

asset

资产

expenses

日常开销

= food , rent

expenditures

总的花销

If I fill in president, I will increase expenditures on health and education by 12 percent.

如果我成为总统,我会提高医疗与教育12%的预算

We really need to control our travel expenditures, for now on, all managers will fly economy class.

我们急需控制旅行花销,从现在起所有的主管只能做经济仓

Because of the raise in oil prices, the expenditures on food are higher than they have ever been.

由于油价上涨,食物花销变得比以往更高

out of control

失控

The company expenditures on entertainment and travel are out of control

go over

检查,核查,查验

= review/look at carefully

I need to go over this report one last time to make sure no mistakes.

我想再检查一遍报告,我想确保它没问题

Can you help me go over with my presentation,I wanna make sure it’s perfect.

能帮我检查下我的演示吗,我想确保它完美

Let’s go over these numbers one more time, and make sure they are no mistakes.

让我们再检查一遍这些数字,确保无误

through the roof

数字非常高

the gus price through the roof really

off the charts

数字非常高【商务用户】

Oil prices have gone up and our costs are off the charts.

石油价格上涨,我们开销变高

Excellent! Your sales are off the charts this year.

非常好,你的销量非常高

Our losses are off the charts ! That’s it! No bonuses for anyone.

我们损失惨重,够了,谁都没奖金

look into

我会看下【但不会真的行动】

I’ll look into it

take care of

会作出响应【真的行动】

= I’ll do something about it, I’ll investigate it.

= work on it

I’ll take care of it

go on and on

无穷尽【用could】

We could just go on and on and on and on like this.

我们一直这样说、做下去

I could go on and on here musing about the intricacies of this planet

我可以在这里继续思考这个星球的复杂性

原文

A: OK, so now the last point on our agenda. Jill, let’s go over the profit and loss statement.
B: Great. Well, the main issue here, as you can see, is that our expenses are through the roof.
A: Let’s see… These numbers are off the charts! What’s going on here!
B: Well, um, sir, the company expenditures on entertainment and travel are out of control. Look at these bills for example. Just this month we’ve paid over twenty thousand dollars for hotel charges!
A: OK, thank you. I’ll look into it.
B: The list goes on and on. Here, this is a bill for five thousand dollars for spa treatments!
A: Thank you; that will be all. I’ll take care of it.
B: Look at this one sir, eight thousand dollars were spent in one night at a place called ”Wild Things”?!
A: OK, I get it!! Thank you for your very thorough analysis!


014 向教父借钱

recession

大萧条

The recession is caused many business to close down.

大萧条导致许多生意停止

in debt

欠债

My uncle just bought a new house, so now he is in a lot of debt.

叔叔买了个新房子,他现在欠债很多

I don’t want to be in debt for the rest of my life.

我不想一辈子都欠债

Like all of a sudden, boom, I’m in debt.

就像突然之间,繁荣,我负债累累。

The country remains in debt over $100 billion dollars.

该国的债务仍超过 1000 亿美元。

Break

破产

I spent all my money on that new TV, so now I’m broke.

我花光积蓄买电视,我现在没钱了

loan

货款

Mortgage

房屋按揭货款

Hit me pretty hard

承受到巨大的打击

My divorce hit me pretty hard, I’m so depressed.

离婚给我打击非常大,我非常沮丧

This cold has hit me pretty hard, I’ve been bed for a week.

感冒让我非常难受,我已经在床上一个星期

The news of Fluffy’s death hit me pretty hard, I’v been cry for days.

Fluffy的死亡让我难过,我哭了好几天

Tuition

大学学费

What can I do for you

我能帮你什么

= How may I help you

sorry to trouble you

对不起,打扰你

= I’m sorry to bother you

Can I trouble you for a moment? I just need you to sign this form for me.

能打扰你一下吗?我需要您帮我填写这个表格

I’m sorry to trouble you, but may I go home early today?

打扰你一下,今儿能早点下班吗

Can I trouble you for a pen, My is not working anymore.

打扰下,能借个笔吗,我的不好使了

on top of all that

最【好的/差的】是

= besides , in addition

Today was a really great day! It was my birthday and all my friends came to visit me and on top of all that I got a million presents.

今儿非常好!我过生日而且朋友们都来了,最好的是我有了100万

Today I lost my job, my car got stolen and on top of all that my gf broke up with me.

今儿我丢失了工作,车被偷了,最糟的是女朋友和我分手了

I had a traumatic experience on top of all that, I fell into the pool and I couldn’t swim.

最重要的是,我有一次痛苦的经历,我掉进了游泳池,我不会游泳。

And on top of all that, I’m told that the current vaccine is only around 60% successful at preventing infection

最重要的是,我听说目前的疫苗只有 60% 左右

help ot

提供帮助

We pitch in and we help out.

我们投入并提供帮助

What’s amazing is that the squirrels can help out so many kinds of animals just by gathering food for themselves.

神奇的是,松鼠竟然可以帮助这么多种类的动物

I’m gonna go try to help out in a state, try to make a difference,"

我要去尝试在一个州提供帮助,尝试有所作为

I just thought maybe you could help me out.

我只是想也许你可以帮我。

the west needs help out there

西方需要帮助

原文

A: Hello, I’m here to see Mr. Corleone.

B: Right this way, sir.

C: Charlie! What can I do for you?

A: Mr. Corlone,I’m really sorry to trouble you, but I need your help .

C: Anything for you, Charlie! Your father was like a brother to me.

A: Well, sir, you see, this recession has hit me pretty hard; I lost my job and I’m in a lot of debt.

C: I see. . . . …

A: Yeah, you know, I’ve got credit card bills, car payments, I’ve got to pay my mortgage; and on top of all that, I have to pay my son’s college tuition.

C: So you’re asking for a loan.

A: Well, I just thought maybe you could help me out.

C: What? At a time like this? I’m broke too, you know! You’re not the only one who has been hit by the recession! I lost half my money in the stock market crash! Go on! Get out of here!


015 一见终情

knock over

撞倒,搞倒,把……把翻,拆除

It wouldn’t knock over anything, It wouldn’t hurt anything.

它不会撞倒任何东西,也不会伤害东西

Did you knock over that jar

你把罐子打碎了吗

Throw a ball and knock over the stack of bottles in one go.

扔一个球,一下子就打翻了一堆瓶子。

that explosion would knock over a building

那次爆炸会摧毁一座建筑物

explode

爆炸,炸开锅

As long as it doesn’t explode it’s all good.

只要不爆炸就好

Almost instantly a small spark caused the entire New London School to explode.

几乎是瞬间,一个小火花就让整个新伦敦学派爆炸。

that explosion would knock over a building

那次爆炸会摧毁一座建筑物

familiar

有点熟悉

That name sounds familiar, where have I heared it before.

那个名字听着熟悉,我在哪听过

Do you know where we are?

I have no idea, nothing looks familiar, I think we are lost.

你知道咱们在哪吗?不知道,

You look really familiar, did we go to high school together?

你看着好熟悉,咱们一起上高中吗

wait a second,you seem really familiar, I think I know you from somewhere.

one’s place

某人的家

Come to my place for dinner tonight.

今晚来我家吃饭

coincidence

巧合

I’m going to NewYork this weekend

What a coincidence, I’m going too.

我这周末去新克,太巧了我也是

By coincidence everyone in the room is named Alex.

巧合的是,这屋子里面都叫ALEX

We met by pure coincidence, one day we ran into each other on our bike , we’ve been together ever since.

我俩纯属巧合,那天我俩骑车撞上了,之后就在一起了

It’s not a coincidence that

这不是巧合

feel terrible

感到糟糕

I’m so sorry, I feel terrible, please accept my appology.

对不起,我感觉糟糕,请原谅我

makes everybody feel terrible about themselves.

让每个人都觉得自己很糟糕。

mean to

故意的

I didn’t mean to knock my cup over, it was a accident.

我不是故意把杯子把翻,它是意外

I don’t mean to hurt you, please accept my appology.

我不是故意伤害你

regret

后悔

It will make some of it better and some of it we will regret.

它会让一些事情变得更好,一些事情我们会后悔

You’re saying “lessons learned” as if I have some regret or something.

你说“吸取教训”好像我有些后悔什么的。

You will never regret traveling,because it’s really something that will change your life for the better.

你永远不会后悔旅行

feel guilt

感到内疚

Do you feel guilt about that?

你为此感到内疚吗?

They look up or they’re trying to avoid eye contact because they feel guilt.

他们抬头或试图避免目光接触,因为他们感到内疚

They don’t feel guilt when they’re lying for themselves.

当他们为自己撒谎时,他们不会感到内疚

love at first sight

一见终情

For my husband, it was love at first sight.

对我丈夫来说,这是一见钟情。

It was love at first sight, but unfortunately he gets drafted to go to the war on to the killing field

这是一见钟情,但不幸的是,他被征召去战场杀戮

And in that moment you knew, I’m going to marry her. From out of nowhere, love at first sight

在那一刻你知道,我要娶她。不知从何而来,一见钟情

Was it love at first sight when you met?

你们相遇时是一见钟情吗?

go on

已经发生,正在发生,持续发生的事儿

we have to ask ourselves, what’s going on here?

我们必须扪心自问,这是怎么回事?

What is going on?

到底是怎么回事?

there’s a lot discussion going on about we have a budget deficit

有很多关于我们有预算赤字的讨论

you may not know what’s going on

你可能不知道发生了什么

Just keep watching what is going on.

继续观察发生了什么

And we have so many cool projects going on to share with you soon.

们有很多很酷的项目即将与您分享。

They don’t have the understanding of how people outside of China are viewing what’s going on in China.

他们不了解中国以外的人如何看待中国正在发生的事情

They don’t take into consideration what’s going on in this girl’s life.

他们不考虑这个女孩生活中发生的事情

they don’t take into consideration what’s gonna happen after you graduate

他们不考虑你毕业后会发生什么

they don’t take into consideration what’s going on after you graduate

他们不考虑你毕业后发生的事情

原文

A: Whoa, whoa,what’s going on?Watch out!

B: Hey, watch where you’re going!

A: Oh, no! I’m so sorry! Are you all right?

B: Oh…I don’t know.

A: I feel terrible,I really didn’t mean to knock you over. My tire just exploded, and I lost control of my bike. Really, it was an accident. Please accept my apologies.

B: Just let me try to stand up.

SONG: Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?

A: Are you okay?

B: Oh, wait a second,you seem really familiar, I think I know you from somewhere.

A: that is, I think we have met somewhere before. That’s right! We met at Aaron’s place last weekend!What a coincidence! But anyway, I’m glad to see that you’re not too badly hurt, and I should probably get going. I have a nine o’clock meeting. Here’s my number, call me and I will exchange insurance information.

B: Ouch! My ankle! I think it’s broken! You can’t just leave me like this! Are you calling an ambulance?

A: Nope, I’m canceling my appointment so that I can stay here with you.

SONG: Do youremember when we met? That’s the day I knew you were my pet. I wanna tell youhow much I love you.


016 危险驾驭

step on it

开车快点

= drive faster

I need to go to the internation airport , so please , my plane leaves in 30 minutes, so step on it.

我要去国际机场,飞机还有30分钟起飞,开快点

speed up

快点【走路,行动】

= move faster

= hurry faster

Speed up ,the movie starts in ten minutes.

快点,电影10分钟就开始了

slow down

慢点

having a fit

非常生气,而且无法控制情绪

Jeez!You don’t need to have a fit, nothing’s going to happen if we’re five minutes late

天哪,你不用生气,咱们迟到5分钟没事的

My boss is going to have a fit if I don’t finish this on time.

如果我不及时完成,老板会生气

I almost had a fit when my boss told me I had to work this weekend.

老板说我这周要上班时,我很生气

cut through

穿过

= go through

Let’s cut through the park.

short cut

捷径

make a ……

make a left 左拐 = turn left

make a right 右拐

make a u-turn 拐弯

are you nuts

疯了吗

You wanna get married now, are you nuts, you only met up three weeks ago.

你现在想结婚?疯了吗,我们才认识3周

are you nuts, I’m not to cheat on the exam , what if I get caught?

疯了吗?我才不考试作弊,万一被抓了呢

let’s take a side street

让我们走一条小路

let’s take a side way.走旁路

let’s take high way.走高速

What’s the rush

急什么

So why rush through that? Life is long. You’re not … what’s the rush

那么为什么要匆忙通过呢? 生命很长。 你不是……急什么

move nice and slow, what’s the rush?

慢慢移动,别急

virility doesn’t expire by 40, or 45, or 50, or even 60. So what’s the rush?

40 岁、45 岁、50 岁,甚至 60 岁时,阳刚之气都不会过期。所以急什么?

run a red light

闯红灯

I’m not going to run a red light!

我不会闯红灯

原文

A: Hurry up, get in.
B: I’m in, let’s go!
A: OK, make a left here. . . no wait, I meant make a right. Come on, speed up!
B: Geez! What’s the rush?
A: Don’t worry about it, just drive. Oh, no, the light is about to change. . . step on it!
B: Are you nuts! I’m not going to run a red light!
A: Whatever. Just turn right here. . . .The freeway will be packed at this hour. . . .let’s take a side street. Go on! Get out of our way! Move, move!
B: What’s your problem! Geez. Having a fit is not going to help!
A: Here, I know a short cut…just go down here, and we’ll cut though Ashburn Heights. Let’s go, let’s go! Watch out for that lady!
B: I’m going as fast as I can!
A: Yes! We made it. 5:58, just before the library closes.
B: You’re such a geek!


017 婚礼现场

groom

新郎

bride

新娘

it’s about time

最终【已经等了很久】

= finally

Dinner is ready.

It’s about time, I’m starving.

晚饭好了

终于,我饿死了

Guess what? I finally get a job.

It’s about time , you have been unemploied for two years.

知道吗,我找到工作了

终于,你已经失业两年了

We’re almost get there, just a couple of more minutes.

It’s about time, we’ve driving 12hours

再过几分钟我们就到了

终于,咱们已经开了12小时

aisle

走道

= a part space for people to walk in a big room.

Please don’t put your lunggae in the aisle.

别把行李放在过道上

bridesmaid

伴娘

I’m going to be a bridesmaid on my friend’s wedding.

flowergirl

花童

ring bearer

持戒人

reception

接待会,盛宴

a formal social occasion held to welcome someone or to celebrate a particular event.

Your wedding reception is beautiful.

你的婚礼现场真好看

gorgeous

优雅,精致【可以形容男人,女人,物品】

This house is gorgeous.

这房间非常精致

The bride looks gorgeous.

新娘很优雅

It’s a gorgeous today, isn’t?

marry

结婚

Let’s get married.

我们结婚吧

We got married four years ago.

我们四年前结婚的

When I get married , I wanna huge wedding.

当我结婚时,我要个大婚礼

原文

A: I can’t believe that Anthony is finally getting married!
B: Yeah well it’s about time! He’s been living with his parents for 40 years!
A: Don’t be mean. Look here come the bridesmaids! Their dresses look beautiful!
B: Who are those kids walking down the aisle?
A: That’s the flower girl and the ring bearer. I’m pretty sure they’re the groom’s niece and nephew. Oh, they look so cute!
B: I just hope the priest makes it quick. I’m starving. I hope the food’s good at the reception.
A: That’s all you ever think about, food! Oh, I think the bride’s coming now! She looks gorgeous. Wait, what’s she doing? Where’s she going?
B: Oh great! Does this mean that the reception is canceled?


018 直播现场

protest

抗议

The Lakotas started a protest movement.

拉科塔人开始了抗议运动。

The first big protest that has an international impact.

第一次具有国际影响的大型抗议活动。

We are organize a protest this weekend to against tax increase.

我们将在本周末组织抗议活动以反对增加税收。

bankrupt

破产

= go bankrupt

We almost went bankrupt three times.

我们三度差点破产。

If the company is go bankrupt , thousand of people will lose their jobs.

如果公司破产,成千上万的人将失去工作。

bailout

救济金

he turned to him for this emergency bailout.

他求助于他寻求紧急救助。

Which was one of the institutions that ended up getting a lot of bailout money.

这是最终获得大量救助资金的机构之一。

If the government doesn’t give bailout to the auto factory , all the factories will close.

如果政府不救助汽车厂,所有的工厂都将关闭。

injustice

不公平

He is confident that he understands the nature of justice and injustice.

他相信他了解正义和非正义的本质。

Inequality has soared, injustice is all around

不平等加剧,不公正无处不在

You’re not going to give me the job because I’m a woman? It’s a injustice.

你不会因为我是女人就给我这份工作? 这是一种不公平。

outrage

暴行,生气,暴怒

The death of a million of starving chilren is a outrage.

一百万饥饿儿童的死亡是暴行

break out

战争爆发

War is broken out in the Antarctica as countries of the world fight for control of ice continent.

随着世界各国争夺对冰大陆的控制权,南极洲爆发了战争。

Officials are warning that a fighting can break out in a broader rigion.

官员们警告说,战斗可能会在更广泛的地区爆发。

A forest fire broke out last night.

昨晚发生一起山火

mismanage

管理不善

Bob, you really mismanaged this project.

鲍勃,你真的管理不善这个项目。

have the nerve to

竟敢

= How dare you

I’ve been in love with you since the third grade, but I didn’t have the nerve to tell you.

我从三年级就喜欢上你了,只是没好意思告诉你。

I don’t believe it, you have the nerve to ask me for money when you know I just lost my job.

我就不信,你明知道我刚失业,还好意思向我要钱。

What? you have the nerve to bring your new girlfriend to visit my monter.

什么? 你好意思带你的新女朋友来看我妈妈。

a protest broke out

抗议已经发生过了,现在没发生

a protest has broken out

抗议已经发生,并且现在还在持续

take into consideration

考虑到以下事实

They don’t take into consideration what’s going on in this girl’s life.

他们没有考虑这个女孩生活中发生的事情

I would agree with you on that, but you have to take into consideration the fact that if the company is go bankrupt , thousand of people will lose their jobs.

我同意你的看法,但你必须考虑如果公司破产,成千上万的人将失去工作。

echo chamber

信息茧房

= where people are not really getting the knowledge they need.

propaganda echo chamber

政治信息茧房

we’re just in an echo chamber talking to each other.

我们只是在一个茧房里互相交谈

原文

A: This is Action 5 News reporter Sarah O’Connell reporting live from Washington, D. C. where a protest has broken out. Thousands of angry citizens are protesting against the proposed bailout of the auto manufacturing industry! Sir, sir, Sarah O’Connell, Action 5 news. Can you tell us what’s happening?
B: Yeah, yeah, we’re here because we feel this is an injustice! The financial irresponsibility of big business has to stop! We’re here to show the government that we don’t like the way that they’re spending our tax dollars!
A: Sir but what exactly is making everyone so angry?
B: It’s an absolute outrage, Sarah, the US government wants to give 25 billion dollars of taxpayers’ money to the auto industry. These are companies that have been mismanaged and are now nearly bankrupt.
A: I see. But, many supporters of the bailout argue that it could help save the jobs of millions of hardworking Americans.
B: That maybe true, and I for one don’t want to see anyone lose their job, but how can these CEOs ask for a bailout when they’re making millions of dollars? And then, they have the nerve to fly to Washington in private jets! This costs hundreds of thousands of dollars! And they’re asking for money! That is just not right!
A: Good point. This is Sarah O’Connell reporting live from Washington D. C., back to you, Tom.


019 圣诞特辑一

Eggnog

蛋奶酒,一种圣诞节饮料

在美国及加拿大非常流行,特别是在圣诞节、新年等冬季节日

I didn’t see that one coming

出乎我的预料

it means you didn’t expected it

licence

证书,证明,执照

I can’t drive your car, I don’t have a driving licence.

我不能开你的车,我没有驾照

If you get speed ticket, you have to show police officer your driving licence.

如果你吃了超速罚单,你得给交警看驾照

Finally, I past my drive test and I got my driving licence.

我终于通过了驾照考试,并拿到了驾照

vehicle

车【摩托车,汽车,马车都统称】

any machine that carry people from one place to another place can be called vehicle

Four vehicles involved in the car accident.

车祸涉及四辆车辆

There are a lot of vehicles on the road today.

今天路上有很多车辆

If more people drive electric vehicles , there be less pollution

如果更多人驾驶电动汽车,污染就会减少

attorney

律师

appoint

指定某人

I can appoint attorney.

我可以指定一位律师

President can appoint a new person

总统可以任命新人

sleigh

一种马车,在冰上

arrest

抓捕

= the act of legally taking someone to jail

After that riot , 750 people were taken under arrest.

在那场骚乱之后,有 750 人被捕。

John Doe is under arrest for armed robbery.

无名氏因武装抢劫被捕。

If you commit a crime, you’ll be taken under arrest

如果你犯罪,你将被逮捕

speeding ticket

超速单

I think the speeding ticket would be a lot worse

我认为超速罚单会更糟、

handcuffs

手拷

pout

噘嘴

She started to pout , then began to cry.

她开始噘嘴,然后哭了起来。

Come on , don’t pout , put a smile on your face.

来吧,不要噘嘴,把微笑挂在脸上。

You’ve been pouting all day, is it something wrong?

你整天都在噘嘴,是不是出什么事了?

step out of

走出

step out of the vehicle

And if he doesn’t step up, then he will step out, and the right guy will step in.

如果他不挺身而出,那么他就会退出,合适的人会介入。

I heard her step out of the house.

我听到她走出屋子

step out of the cozy zone

走出舒适区

I just stepped out of the shower.

我刚走出淋浴间。

step in to

走进

And if he doesn’t step up, then he will step out, and the right guy will step in.

如果他不挺身而出,那么他就会退出,合适的人会介入。

Marco, step in to my office for a moment.

来我办公室一下

get a load of

查看【正式用语】

= look at

Get a load of this, a war has started in Antarctica.

快来看这个,南极发生了战争

Get a load of that house, it’s so big.

快来看那个房子,这个太大了

Get a load of him, he’s wearing a pink suit.

快看他,他穿着粉西服

take that tone with me

别和我这样说话

When you take that tone, I feel upset.

当你采取那种语气时,我感到很沮丧。

Don’t take that tone with me,I’m your boss

别用那种语气跟我说话,我是你的老板

I couldn’t believe you take that tone with her, it’s so rude.

我简直不敢相信你用那种语气对待她,太粗鲁了。

get a bit of a situation

出了点不好状况

We’ve got ourselves a situation here.

咱们出了点状况

I’ve got a bit of a situation.

我出了点状况

invoice

发票

Do you have an invoice for these items?

你有这些物品的发票吗?

原文

A: I hate working on Christmas Eve! Whoa! Get a load of this guy! Come in central, I think we’ve got ourselves a situation here.
B: License and registration please. Have you been drinking tonight, sir?
A: I had one or two glasses of eggnog, but nothing else.
B: Step out of the vehicle, please. Sir, what do you have in the back?
A: Just a few Christmas gifts, ’tis the season, after all!
B: Don’t take that tone with me. Do you have an invoice for these items?
A: Umm…no…I make these in my workshop in the North Pole!
B: You are under arrest, sir. You have the right to remain silent. You better not pout, you better not cry. Anything you say can and will be used against you. You have the right to an attorney; if you cannot afford one, the state will appoint one for you. Do you understand these rights just been read to you.
A: You can’t take me to jail! What about my sleigh? It’s Christmas Eve! I have presents to deliver! Rudolph!Prancer! Dancer! Get help!


020 高度近视

struggle

斗争

= try really hard to do something difficult

They remember their struggle, and they’ll reach out and help you

他们记得他们的斗争,他们会伸出手来帮助你

She was struggling to find a new job.

她正在努力寻找一份新工作。

blurry

模糊的

= not clear

I need to clean my glasses because everything looks blurry right now.

我需要清洁眼镜,因为现在一切看起来都很模糊。

The video quality was so bad that all the images were blurry and difficult to see.

视频质量很差,所有图像都模糊不清,难以看清。

After a long day at work, my eyes feel tired and the world looks blurry.

忙碌了一天后,我的眼睛感到疲倦,世界变得模糊。

prescription

处方

I have to go pick up my prescription from the pharmacy today.

我今天必须去药房拿我的处方

20/20 vision

非常好的视力

Far-sighted

远视

you can see things that are farway but thing that are close are blurry.

Near-sighted

近视

you can see things that are close well but not far.

make out

看清

= be able to understand or decipher something

= be able to see or distinguish something

I can’t make out what this says, the writing is too small.

我无法弄清楚这说的是什么,字太小了。

If you look carefully, you can almost make out a few of stars in the sky

如果你仔细看,你几乎可以认出天空中的几颗星星

Can you see what’s written on the sign there?

No I can’t quite make it out.

你能看到那里的牌子上写的什么吗?

不,我不能完全弄明白

as blind as a bat

真的看不清;盲如蝙蝠

head on over

前往

或者head over

head on over to bed/head over to bed

去睡觉

head on over to another room/head over to another room

前往另一个房间

head on in my room, and I’ll be right there.

到我的房间去,我马上就到。

head on out to the park

前往公园

seems to be

似乎是

= it might not necessarily be confirmed or certain

What seems to be the problem/matter/trouble.

有什么问题吗

= It is a polite way of asking what is wrong or what the issue is,and it is usually used to show concern and offer assistance

仅用于顾客咨询以及提供专业帮助的场合【如,在医院,医生可以说这话】

This phrase is often used in customer service and other helping professions, but it can also be used in everyday life when someone is looking for an explanation for why someone is upset

He seems to be getting sick, he has a fever.

他好像生病了,他发烧了。

It seems to be raining outside

外面好像在下雨

color blindness

色盲

reach out

与某人联系,通常是为了寻求帮助或支持

I need to reach out to a friend who works in that field and ask for advice.

我需要联系在该领域工作的朋友并征求意见

at times

时不时,有时

At times, the weather can be quite unpredictable

有时,天气可能非常难以预测

原文

A: Hello, Arthur. What seems to be the problem?
B: Hey doc. Well, I think I might need glasses. I’m getting headaches, and I really struggle to see things that are far away. But I have always had 20/20 vision.
A: Sounds like you may be far-sighted. OK, then, cover your left eye and read the chart in front of you.
B: Mmm… . X, E, R, 3, a question mark, and I can’t quite make out the other symbol but I think it’s the peace sign.
A: Wow, Arthur! You’re as blind as a bat!
B: Yeah, I know, my vision is really blurry at times.
A: Ok then, head on over to the other room and pick out some frames while I fill out your prescription.
B: Thanks doc!
A: Arthur, that’s the bathroom.


021 炫富

VP

副总裁

vice-president

fortune 500 company

世界500强

one of the five hundred biggest companies in the US.

What’s the number one company in the fortune 500?

世界500强排名第一的公司是什么?

He became the CEO of two fortune 500 companies.

他成为了两家世界500强企业的CEO。

implement

实施

Our company has to implement this sale strategy.

我们公司必须实施这期销售策略

Sarah will be responseable for implement this plan.

Sarah将负责实施这项计划

I implemented servel new policies.

我实施了一些新政策

The final wave of nationwide implement was completed in September 2018.

最后一波全国部署于 2018 年 9 月完成。

policy

政策,计划

Biden direction in terms of the public policy

拜登在公共政策方面的方向

look after

照顾,顾及,看管,管理

take care of

I have to be mature enough to look after my two sisters

我必须足够成熟才能照顾我的两个姐妹

Can you look after my luggage while I go to the bathroom?

我去洗手间的时候你能帮我看一下行李吗?

I’m going to be late for my meeting, can you look after the store for me?

我开会要迟到了,你能帮我照看商店吗?

regulation

规章

According to company’s regulations, we have to fly economy class.

按照公司规定,我们必须坐经济舱。

You have to make sure that you follow the rules and regulation

您必须确保遵守规则和规定

Government’s regulations do not allow us to import this.

政府的规定不允许我们进口这个。

nationwide

全国

The final wave of nationwide implement was completed in September 2018.

最后一波全国部署于 2018 年 9 月完成。

the United States went on a nationwide building boom of public amenities

美国掀起了全国的公共设施建设热潮

Nationwide, we have 500 stores.

在全国范围内,我们有 500 家商店。

Our government will start nationwide testing with grade 4 students.

我们的政府将开始在全国范围内对四年级学生进行测试。

The is a nationwide shortage of doctors.

这是全国的医生短缺。

Oversee

监管,监督

= watch it to make sure it’s okay.

I oversee payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, daily details, human resources

I oversee that program now

In my last job, I oversaw the recruitment.

在我上一份工作中,我监督招聘。

Json, can you oversee this project?

Json,你能监督这个项目吗?

I’m overseeing the budget of our department.

我负责监督我们部门的预算。

quality control

质量监督

Our quality control measure help make sure that there are no mistake in our products.

我们的质量控制措施有助于确保我们的产品没有错误。

I’m responsiable for quality control in our factory.

我负责我们工厂的质量控制

We have poor quality control ,and so there are a lot of problem with our products.

我们的质量控制很差,所以我们的产品有很多问题。

go on

继续下去

执行一个动作,或进程

  1. Encouragement: To encourage someone to continue doing something, or to encourage them to tell you more about a topic. For example, “Go on, tell me what happened next.”
  2. Request for information: To ask someone to provide more details or to give a more complete explanation of something. For example, “Go on, what happened then?”
  3. To proceed: To continue or carry out a process, action, or task. For example, “Let’s go on with the presentation.”
  4. To happen: To take place, occur, or happen. For example, “What’s going on?”

the United States went on a nationwide building boom of public amenities

美国掀起了全国的公共设施建设热潮

go on about

一直在说

= keep talking about

My boss is always going on about how we need to save money, it’s all he talks about.

我的老板总是说我们需要如何省钱,这就是他所说的

Gary is always going on about his kids, it’s always talking about how smart they are .

Gary总是谈论他的孩子,总是谈论他们有多聪明。

My mom is always going on about how I should get married

我妈妈总是说我应该如何结婚

how’s it going

最近怎么样

What do you do (for living)

你是做什么工作的

= 第一个do轻读,第二个do可以重读

supervise

监督

under me

在我之下【阶级】

In your new job, you have 800 employees under you

在你的新工作中,你手下有 800 名员工

I don’t have any employees under me.

我手下没有员工。

Franks has 12 managers working under him.

弗兰克斯手下有 12 名经理。

原文

A: Oh, look, there’s Veronica and her boyfriend. She’s always going on about him at the office. Oh, great, they saw us. They’re coming this way.
B: Oh, man…
C: Jessica! Arthur! Hi! I’d like you to meet my boyfriend Greg, he’s the V. P. of quality and safety for a top Fortune 500 food company.
A: Nice to meet you. This is my husband, Arthur.
B: Hey, how’s it going?
D: Hello.
A: Veronica talks about you all the time. I guess you must be pretty busy at work.
D: Well, yeah, a V. P. position is not easy, you know! I implement policies and procedures nationwide. of various departments, as well as train junior managers in FDA and EPA regulations. I also have to oversee daily operations of our quality control for the entire east coast.That alone means I have 1500 employees under me.
B: Wow, yeah… that sounds exciting.
D: And what about you, Arthur? What do you do for a living?
B: Oh, I’m a Top Gun pilot!


022 圣诞特辑二

take some to jail

送某人入监狱

Sir, I’m sorry to inform you that your son was taken to jail

先生,很遗憾地通知您,您的儿子被抓进了监狱

Her husband was arrested for stealing and he was taken to jail yesterday.

她的丈夫因偷窃被捕,昨天他被关进监狱

You’ll taken to jail if you hit me.

如果你打我,你会被关进监狱。

elves

精灵

candy cane

拐杖糖【圣诞糖】

booked

被抓捕

We just booked this guy for maruder.

我们刚抓捕这个杀人犯

Book this guy, officer , he’s trying to break into my car.

抓捕这家伙,警官,他想闯入我的车。

Watch out for that guy, he was booked for fighting in the street.

小心那个家伙,他因为在街上打架被抓捕了。

speeding

超速

Slow down, I don’t want to get caughtspeeding

慢点,我不想让车超速

I got caught speeding, and now I have to pay fine

我被抓了超速,现在我必须支付罚款

I was speeding , but luckily the police officer didn’t see me.

我在超速,幸好警察没有看到我。

impounded

车被扣押

My father’s impounded because it was parked in the no parking zone.

我父亲的 被扣押 因为它停在禁止停车区。

The police impounded this ship as it was carrying illegal drugs.

警察扣押了这艘船,因为它载有非法毒品。

What should I do if my car gets impounded

如果我的车被扣押,我该怎么办

ruined

被毁

It has been raining for five days, our vacation is ruined.

下了五天雨,我们的假期毁了。

Look at this hole, you ruined my favorite pair of jeans.

看看这个洞,你毁了我最喜欢的牛仔裤。

Sam, you’ve been caught steeling from the company, your chance for a promotion are ruined.

萨姆,你被抓到从公司偷窃,你升职的机会就毁了。

backup

备份,支援

= call for help/ call for backup

This looks like a different situation, I think we need a backup

这看起来情况不同了,我想我们需要一个后援

The police call for backup because the criminals claim to have a gun.

警方要求支援,因为罪犯声称有枪。

I’ll be your backup in case something goes wrong.

我是你的后援,以防出现问题。

claim to be

声称

Daniel claimed to be the son of government minister, but later we found out that he was lying.

丹尼尔自称是政府部长的儿子,但后来我们发现他在撒谎。

The criminals claimed to have a gun.

罪犯声称有枪。

This man here,he’s claiming to know your father.

这里的这个人,他声称认识你父亲。

under heavy

相当重的,程度深

we’re under heavy attack.

我们正遭受重创

we’re under heavy fire.

我们正处于猛烈炮火之下。

The prime minister is under heavy security.

首相处于严密的安保之下。

tooth fairy

牙仙

stocking

长筒袜,圣诞袜

reindeer

驯鹿,rein 驾驶

原文

A: Really, gentlemen, you can’t take me to jail! Don’t you know who I am? Kris Kringle, you know, Papa Noel, Pere Noel, Babbo Natale, sheng dan lao ren!
B: Yeah, Yeah, we’ve heard that one before, haven’t we Joe?
C: Yeah, last week we booked this guy who claimed to be the tooth fairy! Can you believe that?
A: It’s Christmas Eve and I have all these Presents to deliver! Where is your Christmas spirit? What will happen when all the children wake up tomorrow and don’t find any gifts in their stockings?
B: Sorry buddy, you were parked in a no-parking zone, you were speeding, and you have no ID!
C: Besides that, even if we let you go now, your sleigh has been impounded and those reindeer were taken to the city zoo.
A: What! This is unbelievable! What’s this world coming to? Christmas is ruined!
C: What’s that up ahead? It looks like… elves!! Elves!! Whoa, they’re shooting candy canes! Mayday, Mayday, we are under heavy attack! We need backup!


023 电话预约

financial advisor

财务顾问

= a person give people suggestions about investing money.

I’m meeting with my financial advisor tomorrow to discuss my retirement plan.

我明天会见我的财务顾问,讨论我的退休计划。

I need to find a new financial advisor because my current one isn’t meeting my needs.

我需要寻找新的财务顾问,因为我目前的财务顾问不能满足我的需求。

available

可用,有空

= you’re fress , not bussy

I’m available at three, let’s meet then.

我三点有空,那我们见面吧。

work for you

可以

= ok

I’m available at ten, does that work for you.

我十点有空,对你有用吗?

no good

不可以

= no ok

double check

再检测一遍

= check again

Do you have the ticket?

I think so,let me just double check

你有票吗?

我想是的,让我再检查一下

I thought I send the email already,but let me double check

我以为我已经发送了电子邮件,但让我仔细检查一下

scheduled

预定的,有计划的

I’ve got something scheduled on Monday

我周一有安排了

booked solid

没空,计划安排满了

I can’t get a hotel room, they are booked solid until after the New Year.

我订不到酒店房间,他们订满了,直到新年过后。

I’m sorry there’s no seats available on this fly, we are booked solid over the Christmas holidays

很抱歉,这次航班没有空位,我们在圣诞假期期间订满了

Sorry, I can’t meet with you today, I’m booked solid.

抱歉,我今天不能和你见面,我没有空

arrange an appointment

安排个约会

Please book an appointment for next week

请预约下周

Please schedule an appointment for next week

请预约下周

Can you arrange an appointment for me to see the doctor.

你能安排我去看医生吗?

how’s Monday/Thursday

周一/二方便吗

Do you have any time available ?How’s Monday?

你有空吗?周一怎么样?

Sorry Monday is not good.

How’s Thursday?

Wednesday works.

原文

A: Hello, Fairbrook Consulting, how may I help you?
B: Yes, this is Julianne Horton, and I’m calling to arrange an appointment with Ms. McNealy.
A: Certainly, what day were you thinking of?
B: How’s Thursday? Does she have any time available then?
A: Um. . . let me double check. . . unfortunately, she’s booked solid on Thursday, how does next Monday work for you?
B: Actually, I’ve got something scheduled on Monday. Can she do Tuesday?
A: Sure, Tuesday’s perfect. May I ask where you’re calling from?
B: Sure, Merton Financial Advisors.
A: Oh, actually, Tuesday’s no good. Sorry about that.


024 推荐餐厅

food posioning

食物中毒

allergic

过敏

If I eat sea food, then I can’t breathe.

如果我吃海鲜,那我就喘不过气来。

I can’t eat peanuts because I’m allergic to them.

我不能吃花生,因为我对它们过敏。

Whenever I’m around cats, I get itchy eyes and a runny nose because I’m allergic to them

每当我在猫身边时,我都会眼睛发痒和流鼻涕,因为我对它们过敏

check out

查看

= look at

Have you been to the new cafe next door?

I checked it out yesterday, the food was great.

你去过隔壁的新咖啡馆吗?

我昨天检查过了,食物很棒。

Check out my new car!

看看我的新车!

I’m going to check out the shopping mall this weekend.

这个周末我要去购物中心看看

bistro

小酒馆

not all that crazy about

【polite way】不喜欢

Do you want to go shopping with me tomorrow.

I’m not all that crazy about shopping , I don’t like spending money.

你明天想和我一起去购物吗? 我不是那么疯狂购物,我不喜欢花钱。

I’m not all that crazy about jazz music, can I change the song.

不是那么喜欢爵士乐,我可以换首歌吗?

tasty

非常好

= really good

The food is really tasty,This burger is really tasty! The meat is so juicy and flavorful.

食物真的好吃,这个汉堡真的好吃! 肉是如此多汁和美味。

in the mood for

有心情,想

= wanna do that now

We always eat hambuger for dinner, I’m in the mood for something different

我们晚餐总是吃汉堡包,我吃点不一样的东西

Let’s watch movie. How about Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

I’m not in the mood for a horror movie

我们看电影吧。 德州电锯杀人狂怎么样?

没心情看恐怖片

do you have any suggestions?

你有什么建议吗

= do you have any ideas/thoughts

I’m planning a vacation to Hawaii. Do you have any suggestions for things to do

我计划去夏威夷度假。 你对要做的事情有什么建议吗

I’m redecorating my living room and I’m looking for ideas. Do you have any suggestions for furniture or decor?

我正在重新装修我的客厅,我正在寻找想法。 您对家具或装饰有什么建议吗

I’m looking for a new book to read. Do you have any suggestions for a good novel?

我正在找一本新书来读。 你对一本好小说有什么建议吗

I’m looking for a new movie to watch, do you have any suggestions for a good movie?

我在找一部新电影看

I’d recommend giving it a try

我建议

what I’d recommend is that you do a Google

我建议你做一个谷歌

I’d recommend reading it. I’d also recommend listening to the samples.

我建议阅读它。 也是推荐试听的样本。

you gotta give them a try

我建议

Parent: “I don’t think my child will like basketball, they’ve never played before.”

Coach: “You gotta give them a try. You never know, they might surprise you and end up loving the game.”

家长:“我不认为我的孩子会喜欢篮球,他们以前从未打过球。”

教练:“你得试试看。你永远不知道,他们可能会让你大吃一惊,最终爱上这项运动。”

Friend: “I don’t know if I want to try sushi, it seems weird to me.”

You: “You gotta give it a try! It’s one of my favorite foods.”

朋友:“我不知道要不要试试寿司,我觉得很奇怪。”

你:“**你一定要试一试!**这是我最喜欢的食物之一。”

Student: “I’m not confident in my ability to speak Spanish in front of other people.”

Teacher: “You gotta give it a try. Practice makes perfect, and I know you can do it with a little bit of effort.”

学生:“我对自己在别人面前说西班牙语的能力没有信心。”

老师:“你要试一试。熟能生巧,我知道你可以通过一点点努力做到。”

原文

A: Do you two have any plans for the evening?
B: We were thinking of checking out a restaurant in the neigbourhood. Do you have any suggestions?
A: I know this really nice Italian place. The food is fantastic, and the d′ecor is beautiful. I’d recommend giving it a try.
C: Actually, I’m not all that crazy about Italian food; I’m in the mood for something a bit lighter.
A: In that case, I know a great little bistro. They make a really tasty seafood platter; the fish is outstanding.
B: It sounds fantastic, but I’m allergic to seafood, so. . .
A: Okay, well, let me think. . . Oh, I know this great little place. It’s just a hole in the wall, but they do the most amazing sandwiches. You gotta give them a try.
C: Ella, you took me there last time I visited, and I got food poisoning, remember?


025 流感

order of business

必须商议的问题

bird flu

流感,禽流感

contingency plan

a plan that you make to prepare for an emergency.

紧急计划

the purpose of this meeting is to develop a contingency plan in case the workers decide to strike.

这次会议的目的是制定一项应急计划,以防工人决定罢工。

pandemic

大流行;【在公众传播很快】

critical

非常重要,非常紧急

it’s absolutely critical that we increase our sales, if not, the company will go bankrupt.

增加销售额绝对是关键,否则公司就会破产。

we have critical shortage food, if don’t get help, people will die.

我们的食物严重短缺,如果得不到帮助,人们就会死去。

this is the critical step of the process, you can’t make mistakes here.

这是该过程的关键步骤,您不能在此处出错。

outbreak

爆发

This outbreak has already costed more than 1k deaths.

这次爆发已经造成超过 1000 人死亡。

forecast

预测

weather forecast

天气预报

John please tell us about the forecast revenue expenses for the upcoming month.

约翰请告诉我们下个月的预测收入支出。

draft

起草

= make first version of sth.

I’m gonna draft an email, can you read it when I’m done.

我要起草一封电子邮件,我完成后你能读一读吗?

impact

影响

make influence or effect on sth.

The cost savings plan have a positive impact on our profit.

成本节约计划对我们的利润产生了积极的影响

vaccine

疫苗

move to

继续,转移

= move on

come up with

提出,想出

= think of

head up

领导,带领

If I receive the promotion, I would be heading up implementation of new politicy.

如果我获得晋升,我将领导新政策的实施。

leave this to you

你来掌管,留给你来解决

= you take charge

The last thing I want to leave you with is this……

最后,我留给你个问题

I’ll leave this to you for those of you who are curious

对于那些好奇的人,我会把这个留给你们

原文

A: Well, right, let’s move to our next order of business, as many of you are aware, in recent weeks there has been a lot of media coverage surrounding this bird flu issue. And it’s come to my attention that our company lacks any sort of bird flu contingency plan.
B: Basically, we need to come up with a clear plan; we need to outline specific actions that our company can take to maintain critical business functions in case a pandemic strikes.
A: So, what I’d like to do is: first appoint someone to look after drafting our plan; Ralph, I’d like you to head up this project.
C: Sure, no problem. What issues do you want me to consider?
B: Well, let’s see, there are a few points we need to be thinking about. . . first, I’ll need you to analyze our numbers and figure out what kind of financial impact an outbreak might have.
A: You’ll also need to think about how we can avoid any of our employees getting infected; think of ways to reduce employee-customer contact, perhaps some IT solutions that will allow our employees to work from home.
C: I guess you’ll need me to forecast employee absences as well, right? And I’ll think about the impact this will have on our clients. Hey, what about vaccines? Should we be thinking about getting vaccines for our employees?
A: Exactly right. So, I’ll leave this to you, and we’ll review the draft plan in two weeks. Okay, so, anyone want to order some KFC for lunch?


026 新年计划

eating habbit

饮食习惯

I’m gonna transform my eating habit.

我要改变我的饮食习惯

junk

垃圾食品

fries, chips, hamburgers

transform

改变

I’m gonna transform my eating habit and going to be a new man in one year’s time.

我要改变我的饮食习惯,并在一年后成为一个新人。

She has totally transformed into a new person.

她完全变了一个人。

stuffed

吃饱

I’m stuffed.

我吃饱了

Come on ! Have one more piece of cake, I can’t I’m stuffed.

快点 ! 再吃一块蛋糕,我吃的好撑。

I ate way too much, I can’t eat anything else , I’m stuffed.

我吃太多了,我吃饱了。

stick to it

坚持

Quiting smoking is so hard, stick to it, it’s good for you.

戒烟好难,坚持,对你有好处。

I can’t solve this math problem.

Stick to it, I**'m sure**【重音】 you will get it.

我无法解决这道数学题。

坚持下去,我相信你会得到它。

Even though English learning is hard, you gotta stick to it and you’ll get it.

即使英语学习很难,你必须坚持下去,你会得到它。

It’s tradition to make a promise to yourself on the New Year, and you gotta stick to it through the whole year.

过年给自己许下诺言是传统,你要坚持到全年。

mean it

我很严肃的

= I’m serious

I hope this helps you | live like you mean it

我希望这能帮助你像你想的那样生活

I don’t mean it was a good thing for them to do, but it helps them improve their oral English.

我并不是说这对他们来说是件好事,而是说这有助于他们提高英语口语。

cut out

断开,戒掉

= remove

I’m going to cut out all that junk I eat.

我要切掉我吃的所有垃圾。

You have to cut out the salt from your diet, no more chips, no more Frenchfries,no more popcorn.

你必须减少饮食,不要再吃薯条,不要再吃炸薯条,不要再吃爆米花

It’s time for me to focus on my work, I’m going to cut out everything else from my life.

是时候让我专注于我的工作了,我要切掉我生活中的一切。

diet

节食

eating plan to help you lose weight

I gained 10 pounds during the vacation, I need to go on a diet.

假期我体重增加了 10 磅,我需要节食。

wait and see

等着瞧

Well, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

好吧,我想我们将只需要拭目以待

Just wait and see what’s gonna happen.

等着看会发生什么。

just wait and see what’s going on

The test result will come out in 6 weeks, I guess we just have to wait and see.

6周后出测试结果,我想我们只能拭目以待了

原文

A: So, did I tell you about my New Year’s resolution? I’ve decided to go on a diet.

B: And you’re going to completely transform your eating habits, right?

A: Exactly! I’m going to cut out all that junk I eat; no more chips, no more soda, no more fried food,no more popcorn.

B: I’ve heard this one before.

A: But this time I’m going to stick to it. I really mean it! Trust me, Carol, I’m going to be a new man in one year’s time!

B: Well, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

A: Thanks, honey, that was a great meal,the food was really tasty. I’m stuffed. Do we have any chips left?


027 请长假

vacation days

假期

= the number of your personal leave days that you can take it to go on vacation.

overseas

海外,出国

We need investment overseas in a sustainable, responsible, ethical and moral way.

我们需要以可持续、负责任、合乎道德和道义的方式进行海外投资。

unpaid leave

无薪假期

I was just hoping to I might be able to take some unpaid leave this year.

只是希望我今年可以休无薪假。

notice

提前告知

= give people information in advance

If you want to quit your job, make sure you give us enough notice, you need to tell us four weeks in advance.

如果你想辞职,请确保你给了我们足够的通知,你需要提前四个星期告诉我们。

You didn’t give me enough notice about this project, I didn’t have enough time to finish it.

你没有给我足够的关于这个项目的通知,我没有足够的时间来完成它。

do you have a second/minute/sec

你有时间吗

Do you have a second? I need to talk to you about something.

你有时间吗? 我需要和你谈谈一些事情。

be okay with that

你能接受吗?

Are you all right with that?

你能接受吗?

Would you be okay with this.

你能接受这个吗

I’m fine with that.

我没意见。

I was just wondering/that

我只是想知道,礼貌用语,向上级、老板、陌生人提问时用

I was just wondering if you’re fluent in either of those languages.

我只是想知道,实际上我不知道你是否精通这两种语言。

But I was just wondering whether you could elaborate it.

但是我只是想知道您是否可以详细说明。

I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on the difference about it.

我只是想知道你是否对差异有任何想法

I was just wondering if you saw Xi’s consolidation

我只是想知道你是否看到习的合并

I was just hoping/that

我只是希望,礼貌用语,提出要求时用,用虚拟语气

I was just hoping to I might be able to take some unpaid leave this year.

只是希望我今年可以休无薪假。

I was just hoping you could speak more about it.

我只是希望你能多谈谈。

I was just hoping to pay the tickets.

我只是希望支付门票。

I was just hoping I would still be living.

我只是希望我还能活着。

I was thinking of/that

我在想,礼貌用语,表示我想过一件不确定的事儿

I was thinking of taking some days off.

正在考虑休息几天。

I was thinking of what I wanted to do.

我在想我想做什么。

I was thinking of doing a series of short stories

我想写一系列的短篇小说

use up

用光

I know I’ve used up all my vacation days this year

我知道我已经用完了今年所有的假期

If you use up what you have here, I usually supply them with more

如果你用完了这里的东西,我通常会提供更多

原文

A: Mr. McKenna, do you have a second? I need to talk to you about something.

B: Sure, Liv, what can I do for you?

A: Well, I was just wondering. . . you see, I know I’ve used up all my vacation days this year, but my sister is getting married, and the wedding is overseas, and, well. . .

B: You wanna take some time off, is that right?

A: Well, sir, I was just hoping that I might be able to take some unpaid leave this year.

B: What dates are you planning on taking off? I’ll need at least two months notice, so that I can plan for your absence.

A: I was thinking of taking off from September first until the thirtieth . Would you be okay with that?

B: Well, I guess so.


028 一见终情2

relieve

解脱,轻松

They were relieved to hear that the company would not be making any layoffs.

听到公司不会裁员,他们松了一口气。

I’m so relieved to hear your voice, I was worried something happened to you.

听到你的声音我很放心,我还担心你出事了。

She was relieved to know that she didn’t have cancer.

得知自己没有患癌症,她松了一口气。

pick up

接人,或接物品

You can pick me up at eight.

你可以八点钟来接我。

Can you pick up a bottle of wine on your way home.

你能在回家的路上带一瓶酒吗?

I have to pick something up at the mall.

我得去商场买东西

ordinary

普通,平凡

ordinary people can’t afford to buy Harmas.

普通人买不起Harmas。

We had a ordinary problems when you find when starting a new business.

当您开始新业务时,我们遇到了一个普通的问题。

make it up to you

补偿

I’m sorry I forgot your birthday, how can I make it up to you

对不起,我忘记了你的生日,我该怎么补偿你

I feel terribel for calling you mother fat, I want to make it up to her ,so I got these flowers.

感觉很糟糕叫你胖妈妈,我想弥补她,所以我得到了这些花。

John forgot our anniversary again, He’s going to have to make it up to me.

约翰又忘记了我们的周年纪念日,他将不得不补偿我。

I’m sorry I was late for our meeting today. Let me make it up to you by buying you a coffee.

很抱歉我今天的会议迟到了。 让我给你买杯咖啡来弥补

my treat

我请客

Don’t worry about it. It’s my treat today.

别担心。 这是我今天请客。

Don’t worry about it. Let me take you out. It’s my treat.

别担心。 让我带你出去。 这是我的请客。

That’s not necessary, but thank you. I can actually get my own coffee today. It’s my treat.

这不是必需的,但谢谢你。 今天我真的可以自己喝咖啡了。 这是我的请客。

A twist of fate

命运捉弄,缘分

It just goes to show that you never know what life has in store for you. A twist of fate can happen at any moment.

它只是表明你永远不知道生活会为你准备什么。 命运的转折随时可能发生。

That’s true. I’ve had a few twists of fate in my life that have led me down unexpected paths.

这是真的。 在我的生活中,我经历过几次命运的曲折,使我走上了意想不到的道路。

it’s incredible how a twist of fate can change someone’s life like that.

命运的转折竟能如此改变一个人的生活,真是不可思议。

crash

撞击

Watch out! you gonna crash into that tree.

小心! 你会撞到那棵树上。

On my way to work this morning , I was looking at my phone and I crashed right into the telephone pole.

今天早上在上班的路上,我正在看手机,结果撞到了电线杆上。

I saw a bus crash into a car this morning, luckily no one was injured.

今天早上我看到一辆公共汽车撞上一辆汽车,幸运的是没有人受伤。

fall in love with

陷入爱河

After the first date, she totally fall in love with him.

第一次约会后,她就彻底爱上了他。

ask you out

约你出去

Hey, did you hear that John wants to ask you out

嘿,你听说约翰想约你出去吗

I think that guy over there has been staring at you all night. Maybe he wants to ask you out.

我想那边的那个人整晚都在盯着你看。 也许他想约你出去

hit on by

搭讪

I don’t like going to bars because I always get hit on by guys I’m not interested in

我不喜欢去酒吧,因为我总是被我不感兴趣的人搭讪

take you out

带你出去

Don’t worry about it. Let me take you out. It’s my treat.

别担心。 让我带你出去。 这是我的请客。

turn down

拒绝

I’m sorry, but we had to turn down your application for the job. You just didn’t have enough experience.

That’s okay. I appreciate the opportunity, and I’ll keep looking for other options.

抱歉,我们不得不拒绝您的工作申请。 你只是没有足够的经验。

没关系。 我很感激这个机会,我会继续寻找其他选择。

Hey, can you help me move this weekend?"

I wish I could, but I have plans with my family. I’ll have to turn down the offer.

嘿,这个周末你能帮我搬家吗?”

我希望我能,但我和我的家人有计划。 我将不得不拒绝这个提议。

Do you want to come to the party with me tonight?

I appreciate the invitation, but I think I’m going to have to turn it down. I have a lot of work to do.

今晚你想和我一起参加聚会吗?

感谢邀请,但我认为**我不得不拒绝它。**我有很多工作要做。

see someone

这是描述尚未严重到可以称为“约会”或“恋爱中”的关系的一种随意方式。

I’m seeing someone new, and things are going really well. We’ve been on a few dates and I think there’s a lot of potential there.

正在约会新朋友,一切进展顺利。 我们约会过几次,我认为那里有很大的潜力。

I really want to ask her out, but I’m not sure if she’s seeing anyone right now. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes.

我真的很想约她出去,但我不确定她现在有没有约会对象。 我不想步人后尘。

I thought we were just casually seeing each other, but then she introduced me to her parents. It seems like things are getting serious

我以为我们只是随便见面,但后来她把我介绍给了她的父母。 事情好像越来越严重了

原文

A: I’m so relieved that your ankle wasn’t broken! I feel just awful(terrible) about this whole thing. I wanna make it up to you. Let me take you out to dinner tonight. My treat.
B: That sounds great! I’d love to! Here is my address. Pick me up at eight?
A: Perfect!
B: Thank you for such a lovely evening! The food was amazing, and I had a great time.
A: Me too. You look so beautiful tonight! I wish this night would never end. There’s something I have to tell you…
B: What is it?
A: I woke up today thinking this would be just like any other ordinary day, but I was wrong. A twist of fate
brought us together. I crashed into your life and you into mine, and this may sound crazy, but I’m falling in love with you.


029 新兴市场

emerging market

新兴市场,往往出现在发展中国家

high economic growth rates, increasing levels of international trade and investment, and a rising middle class.

高经济增长率、不断提高的国际贸易投资水平以及不断壮大的中产阶级。

I heard that the company is planning to expand into emerging markets like China. They see a lot of growth potential there.

我听说该公司正计划扩展到像中国这样的新兴市场。 他们在那里看到了巨大的增长潜力。

My friend is really interested in investing in emerging markets. She thinks that the economies there are going to take off in the next few years.

我的朋友对投资新兴市场非常感兴趣。 她认为未来几年那里的经济将会腾飞。

take off

起飞,腾飞

The phrase “take off” is a common idiom that is often used to describe something that begins to grow or become successful very quickly.

an airplane might “take off” when it lifts off the ground and starts flying.

当飞机离开地面并开始飞行时,它可能会“起飞

a product or service might “take off” if it becomes very popular and starts selling in large numbers.

如果产品或服务变得非常流行并开始大量销售,它可能会“起飞”。

turmoil

动荡,变化,混乱

= chaos,uncertainty

With the civil war, a famine and inflation the country has been in turmoil for ten years.

随着内战、饥荒和通货膨胀,这个国家已经动荡了十年。

There has been a lot of turmoil in my life recently, back to new city, I changed my job, and broke up with my girlfriend

最近我的生活发生了很多动荡,回到新的城市,我换了工作,和女朋友分手了

The devaluation of the dollar caused the great deal of turmoil in the markets.

美元贬值引起了市场的巨大动荡。

a proposed stimulus package

拟议的刺激方案

= 提议的,为了刺激经济的钱

aggregate demand

总需求

一个国家或地区在一定时期内(通常1年)由社会可用于投资和消费的支出所实际形成的对产品和劳务的购买力总量。它取决于总的价格水平,并受到国内投资净出口、政府开支、消费水平货币供应等因素的影响。简单来说就是指一般指全社会在一定价格水平下,对产品和劳务的需求总量

nest egg

积蓄

money that has been set aside and saved to pay for something the future like a house, a retirement

I invested the start market in five years ago and built a nice nest egg.

我在五年前投资了启动市场并建立了一个不错的储备金。

inevitable

不可避免的

Json knew he was going to get laid off, but he was trying to delay the inevitable

杰森知道他会被解雇,但他尽力推迟不可避免的事情

As a new manager ,it is inevitable that you are going to make mistakes.

作为一名新经理,你不可避免地会犯错误。

inevitablely, we’ll all dead at the end of our lives.

不可避免地,我们都会在生命的尽头死去。

hit up

生活口语

= contact or get in touch with someone.

= to ask for money from

= “hit up” means to go to or visit a place or person. It’s a casual way to suggest an activity or make plans with someone.

hit up表示建议,问对方要不要一起做某个事儿。

I’m gonna hit up boss for a raise.

我要去找老板加薪。

Are you【重读】 tyring to hit me up for money.

你是想为了钱来打我吗?

I don’t have any cash, have you tried hitting up Sophie?

我没有现金,你试过联系索菲吗?

Let’s hit up that new restaurant downtown for lunch today.

我们今天中午去市中心的那家新餐厅吃饭吧。

I’m thinking of hitting up the mall this weekend to do some shopping.

我想这个周末去商场买些东西,你要一起去吗?

Whenever you come here, just hit me up,ok?

每次你来这里的时候,都给我打个招呼,好吗?

get a jump on

提前行动

“Get a jump” can mean to start something early or ahead of time, in order to gain an advantage.

I’m going to get a jump on my homework this weekend so I don’t have to rush on Sunday night.

这个周末我要快速完成我的家庭作业,这样我就不用在周日晚上赶时间了。

If we want to get good seats for the movie, we need to get a jump on it and arrive at the theater early

如果我们想为电影抢到好座位,我们需要赶上并早点到达影院

To make sure I have enough time to prepare for the exam, I need to get a jump and start studying now

为了确保我有足够的时间准备考试,我需要现在立即开始学习

This is a chance for me to get a jump start on building my nest egg.

这是我快速开始建立我的储备金的机会。

devalue

贬值

try doing

尝试做某事

“try doing” is often used for experimentation or testing something out

I will try eating more vegetables

我会尝试吃更多的蔬菜

try to do

尽力做某事

“try to do” is used for making an effort to accomplish a specific goal.

I will try to finish my homework before dinner

我会尽量在晚饭前完成我的家庭作业

原文

A: Dad, I’d like to borrow some money.
B: Sure, Johnny, how much do you need? five bucks?
A: Come on, Dad, I need thirty thousand. I wanna get into the market. You know, I’m tired of hearing all this news about the economic downturn, the inevitable recession, people stuffing their money in their mattresses. I look at this as an opportunity. This is a chance for me to **get a jump start **on building my nest egg.
B: I don’t know about that; with all the uncertainty in the markets right now, it would be a very unwise decision to invest. I don’t know if you’re aware son, but there has been a lot of turmoil in the markets recently. There have already been half a million layoffs in the last few months,and we have no idea how the proposed stimulus package will impact the economy. There’s just too much instability. I wouldn’t feel comfortable investing in this climate.
A: But look at it this way, every challenge is an opportunity. And anyway, I’m not talking about investing in the domestic market. There are emerging markets that promise great returns. Look at China, for example; they have 1.4 billion people, half a billion of whom have recently entered the middle class. Here alone, the aggregate demand for consumer goods represents an amazing wealth generating opportunity.
B: Come on, son, you’re looking at this too naively, the Chinese market has exhibited a great deal of instability, and their currency has been devalued by almost a whole percentage point.
A: Fine, then! If that’s the way you feel, so be it. But you’re losing out on a great opportunity here. I’m going to hit up Mum for the cash.


030 奇怪的邻居2

thoughtful

体贴

= show concern

Thanks for the Christmas gift, it’s exactly what I want, you are so thoughtful.

谢谢你的圣诞礼物,正是我想要的,你真周到。

This’s a very thoughtful view to help me out.

这是一个非常周到的观点,可以帮助我。

Thank you for being so thoughtful.

谢谢你这么周到。

give sb. the creeps

让我害怕

horry movies give me the creeps.

恐怖电影让我毛骨悚然

stop it, you are giving me the creeps.

停下来,你让我毛骨悚然

I saw this really scare clown,he gave me the creeps.

我看到这个非常可怕的小丑,他让我毛骨悚然

rope me into something

强迫做某事

My mom tried to rope me into going to the grocery store with her, but I had already made other plans.

我妈妈试图拉着我和她一起去杂货店,但我已经制定了其他计划。

why did you rope me into this?

你为什么要拉我进去?

appetite

有食欲的

Dinner smells is so good, it’s giving me an appetite.

晚餐闻起来真香,让我胃口大开。

you’re sure eating a lot, you must have a big appetite.

你肯定吃得很多,你的胃口一定很大。

I’m getting sick, I have a fever and I’ve lose my appetite

我生病了,我发烧了,我没胃口了

get to know someone

认识某人

I got to know her in Spanish class and she’s a really nice person.

我是在西班牙语课上认识她的,她是一个非常好的人。

If you get to know me, you’ll see that I’m not a bad guy.

如果你了解我,你会发现我不是坏人。

Why on earth

究竟,加强语气

Where on earth is my phone?

我的电话究竟在哪里?

How on earth did you learn English in one month.

到底是如何在一个月内学会英语的。

What on earth is it?

到底是什么?

decline

拒绝

It would be rude to decline his invitation.

拒绝他的邀请是不礼貌的。

It’s not polite to decline John’s invitation.

拒绝约翰的邀请是不礼貌的。

I’m going to have to decline the invitation to your party, I’m busy in that day.

将不得不 拒绝参加你的聚会的邀请,那天我很忙。

Everyone is going to attend the wedding,no one decline the invitaion.

每个人都要参加婚礼,没有人拒绝邀请。

make yourself at home

请随意

Welcome to my place, please make yourself at home. Can I get you anything to drink?

欢迎来到我的房源,请让自己宾至如归。 我可以请你喝点什么吗?

Here’s the living room, feel free to make yourself at home and watch TV.

这里是起居室,您可以尽情享受在家中看电视的感觉。

hospitable

好客

I highly recommend this place. The staff is incredibly hospitable and the food is delicious/tasty.

我强烈推荐这个地方。 工作人员非常好客,食物美味可口。

I love working here because the company culture is so hospitable. Everyone is welcoming and supportive.

我喜欢在这里工作,因为公司文化非常好客。 每个人都很欢迎和支持。

housewarming

乔迁

原文

A: Oh, Armand, thank you for such a thoughtful invitation!It’s really very nice of you to invite us over for dinner, don’t you think so, Ellen?
B: Oh, yes of course! We’d love to come over. Can I bring anything?
C: No, don’t worry about it; I’ll take care of everything. I’ll see you tonight. Come with an appetite… I know I will!
B: I don’t want go over to his place for dinner! He gives me the creeps! Why on earth did you accept?
A: Oh come on Ellen, it will be nice to get to know him. Besides, he’s new to the neighborhood, and it would
be rude to decline his invitation.
B: I guess so… You always rope me into things like this!
C: Ladies! Thank you for coming! You look delicious…I mean beautiful. Please come in.
A: Oh Oh Armand! You are too kind!
B: How did I get myself into this…


031 推迟约会

reschedule

重新安排

Is it possible to reschedule our appointment in the afternoon.

是否可以重新安排我们下午的约会。

Dammit,I gotta reschedule that doctor’s appointment.

该死,我得重新安排那个医生的预约。

I’m not feeling well, could you reschedule my appointment with john to tomorrow afternoon.

我感觉不舒服,你能不能把我和约翰的约会改到明天下午。

inconvenience

不方便

=cause trouble

I hope it doesn’t inconvenience to you too much.

我希望它不会给你带来太多不便。

I don’t want to inconvenience to so I’ll pick up flowers on my way home.

我不想给您带来不便,所以我会在回家的路上摘花。

postpone

推迟

Since Robert is late again, we have to postpone the meeting.

由于罗伯特又迟到了,我们不得不推迟会议。

I’m sorry Samon, but your vacation has been postponed until next month.

对不起,萨蒙,但你的假期已推迟到下个月。

Unfortunately, the fly will be postponed.

不幸的是,飞行将被推迟

can’t make it

做不到,去不了

I can’t make it to our meeting, I don’t feel well.

不能去我们的会议。

I’m sorry that I can’t make it to your party, something came up, I have to stay to take care of it.

很抱歉我不能参加你的派对,有事发生,我得处理这事儿

what’s up

最近怎样

回复:not much, nothing

= what’s the matter.

What’s up? – not much, nothing

How are you. great, good , well, ok, fine

how are you doing?

How about you?

What are you doing?

What are you up to?

回复

I’m pretty good.

I’m doing great.

I’m doing really well today.

no wonder

难怪

She has lived in State for five years, no wonder she speak English so fluently.

她在State住了五年,难怪英语说得这么流利。

thing came up

用于当成某种借口

= something happened

I can’t talk right now, something came up.

我现在不能说话,有些事发生。

I’m sorry that I’m late, something came up with work , I have to stay to take care of it.

I’m going to have to take care of it.

对不起,我来晚了,工作有事,我得留下来处理。

Sorry I missed the meeting, something came up.

抱歉我错过了会议,有事

I’m sorry that I can’t make it to your party, something came up, I have to stay to take care of it.

很抱歉我不能参加你的派对,有事发生,我得处理这事儿

sound great

听着不错

sound fantistic

听起来很棒

sound reasonable

声音合理

原文

A: Hello, Samantha speaking.
B: Hi Samantha. This is Angela calling.
A: Oh, hi Angela, what’s up?
B: I’m just calling about our meeting today. I wonder, is it possible to reschedule our appointment in the afternoon? I have a bit of an emergency that I need to take care of.
A: Let me see,it shouldn’t be too much of a problem
B: I’m really sorry, I hope it doesn’t inconvenience you too much, it’s just this thing came up, and …
A: Angela, you know what, I can’t make it to our meeting, either. Why don’t we postpone it to tomorrow afternoon at the same time?
B: Sounds great. See you tomorrow.
C: Angela…Angela, look up! See that lady over there who is trying on a red leather jacket? Isn’t that Samantha?
B: What? No wonder she told me she couldn’t make it to the meeting, oh, no, I think she saw me…


032 银行开户

chequing/checking account

支票账户

= 活期,方便存取钱

With our chequing account, you can have unlimited daily transactions for a small monthly fee

使用我们的支票账户,您只需支付少量月费即可进行无限制的每日交易

savings account

储蓄账户

= 用于存钱,不常用,定期

我们的储蓄账户利率较高,但您必须至少有 10,000 美元的余额。

transaction

转账

I need a record about my most recent bank transactions.

我需要一份关于我最近的银行交易的记录。

There is no fee for bank transactions done on online.

在网上进行的银行交易不收取任何费用。

ok , we’ve deposited your money, would you like to make another transaction today.

好的,我们已经存入您的钱,您想今天再进行一次交易吗?

balance

account balance 账户额度

In this case, if your balance reaches $100 in June

在这种情况下,如果您的余额在 6 月份达到 100 美元

exceed

超过

overdraft

透支

= negative balance

The maximum overdraft of my account is only 5000 dollars.

我账户的最大透支额度是 5000 美元。

I’m sorry Sir , but you’ve exceeded your maximum overdraft limit, I can not give you any more money.

对不起,先生,您已经超出了最大透支限额,我不能再给您钱了。

Oh no, I have to pay 50 hundred dollars in overdraft fees.

哦不,我必须支付 5000 美元的透支费。

deposit

存钱

we’ll be all set. Would you like to make a deposit today

我们都准备好了你想今天存款吗

debit card

借记卡

= issued by the bank

用来从ATM取钱

credit card

信用卡

social insurance number

社会保险号码

I get you to

请做这【礼貌的方式】

= can you please do this. = you need do this

I get you to help me move this couch?

请你帮我搬这张沙发?

Can I get you to come to the party tonight?

我可以请你来参加今晚的聚会吗?

I’ll get you to the airport on time

我会准时送你去机场【做出保证】

I’m feeling really anxious about this presentation

the listener responds with "I get you"表示同情

I’ll need your

我需要你的【礼貌的方式】

= give me your ……

I’ll need your social insurance number

我需要你的社会保险号

If you could just

你能…吗【礼貌的方式】

If you could just wait a moment.

如果你能等一下。

If you could just take care of the dishes tonight, I’ll do them tomorrow.

如果你今晚能洗碗,明天我来洗。

If you could just repeat the address one more time, I want to make sure I have it correct.

如果您能再重复一次地址,我想确保我的地址是正确的。

If you could just explain that concept in a little more detail, I’ll be able to understand it better.

如果你能更详细地解释这个概念,我就能更好地理解它。

If you could just give me a minute to gather my thoughts, I’ll be able to answer your question

如果你能给我一分钟整理一下我的想法,我就能回答你的问题

If you could just give me a call when you arrive, that would be great.

如果你能在到达时给我打电话,那就太好了。

What features do they offer?

他们有什么特色、功能【用于咨询某些用品功能】

cheque book

支票簿

原文

A: Next, please. May I help you, sir?
B: Hello, yes, I’d like to open a bank account.
A: Certainly, I can help you with that. What type of account would you like to open? A chequing or a savings account?
B: What features do they offer?
A: Well, if you (could) just take a look here, see, with our chequing account, you can have unlimited daily transactions for a small monthly fee, and our savings account has a higher interest rate, but you must carry a minimum balance of $10,000 dollars.
B: I see, well, I think I’m more interested in a chequing account; I like to have easy access to my money.
A: Alright, then, with this chequing account you’ll be issued a debit card and a cheque book. Will you require overdraft protection? There is an extra fee for that.
B: No, that won’t be necessary.
A: In that case, I’ll get you to fill out this paperwork; I’ll need your social insurance number, and two pieces of government ID. If you could just sign here, and here, and here; we’ll be all set. Would you like to make a deposit today?
B: Yes, I’d like to deposit one billion dollars.


033 电视比赛

foul

犯规

the increase of swearing and foul language

咒骂和粗话的增加

I saw John commit a foul during the game last night. He pushed one of the other players and didn’t even get a penalty.

我昨晚在比赛中看到约翰犯规了。 他推了一名其他球员,甚至没有受到处罚。

ref/referee

裁判

when the referee judges that your team committed a foul

当裁判判定你队犯规时

free throws

罚球

make the shot

成功

I can’t believe it, he made the shot form the other side of the court.

我简直不敢相信,他是从球场的另一边射门的。

There’s no way he’s going to make the shot, he’s way too far away from the net.

他不可能投篮,他离网太远了。

If Gretzky makes the shot, they’re gonna win the Stanley Cup.

如果格雷茨基投篮命中,他们将赢得斯坦利杯。

three pointer

三分球

travel

走步

screw up

犯错

You really screw up this time, you’re fired.

这次你真的搞砸了,你被解雇了。

This game is important, if you screw it up we’re out of the finals.

这场比赛很重要,如果你搞砸了,我们就出局了。

I’m sorry , I know I screw up. Will you forgive me.

对不起,我知道我搞砸了。 你会原谅我吗。

beer run

喝酒

原文

A: Has the game started yet?

B: Yeah, about 5 minutes ago.

A: Whos winning?

B: The Bulls, of course!

A: What! That wasn’t a foul! C’mon, ref!

B: Don’t worry, Shaq always screws up free throws. 9

A: You were right! He didn’t make the shot!

B: That was a great shot! A three pointer, yeah!

A: Did you see that? He traveled and the ref didn’t call it!

B: This ref needs glasses. Hey ref, open your eyes! I can’t believe he didn’t see that!

A: Okay… end of the first quarter… Alright, I’m gonna make a beer run.


034 直播现场2

inaugural

就职典礼

inaugural address

就职演说

sworn-in

宣誓就职

= place someone in a new position by holding official ceremony where he promise to do job well

通过举行官方仪式让某人担任新职位,他承诺会做好工作

The president elect will be sworn-in on the 20 in January

oath

誓言

= official serious promise

The president swore an oath to leave the country fairly and justly

总统宣誓 誓言 公平公正地离开这个国家

deliver

发表

Who’s going to deliver the welcome speech.

谁来致欢迎词。

I’ve been asked to deliver a presentation on the findings of our research project.

我被要求就我们的研究项目的发现发表演讲。

Dr.Rosen is delivering a lecture on macroeconomics.

罗森博士正在就宏观经济学发表演讲。

who’s who

某个领域的名人

a list of names of important or well-known people in a particular field or organization

The funeral was like a who’s who of the political world.

葬礼就像政治世界的名人录。

There was a party last night and the who’s who of the film industry was there.

昨晚有一个派对,电影界的名人都在那里。

dignitary

重要人物,政客

= people with high rank or position in government or religion

Several import dignitaries were presented at the opening ceremony, including the President Brazil,the King of and the Pope.

巴西总统、国王和教皇等多位进口政要出席了开幕式。

There are going to be a lot of foreign dignitaries at the dinner.

晚宴上将有很多外国政要。

The visiting dignitary gave a speech at the United Nations, urging all countries to work together for peace and prosperity.

来访的政要在联合国发表讲话,敦促所有国家为和平与繁荣共同努力。

palpable

强烈的,触手可及,明显的

I had a palpable sense release when I heard your plane land in safely

当我听到你的飞机安全降落时,我有一种明显的感觉释放

The sense of relief among the workers was palpable when the company announced that layoffs would be avoided.

当公司宣布将避免裁员时,工人们的如释重负的感觉是显而易见的

in a word

总之

in a word, the situation is serious

总之,形势严峻

what’s like there in a word it’s amazing

总而言之,这很神奇

go down in history as

记入历史的

This’s going to go down in history as the worst disaster the world has ever seen.

这将作为世界上有史以来最严重的灾难载入史册。

You’ll go down in history as the best president we’ve ever had.

你将作为我们有史以来最好的总统载入史册。

These day will go down in history.

这些日子将载入史册。

fellow

亲爱的,老乡,同乡

my fellow coworkers/family members/citizens

我的同事/家庭成员/公民

21-gun salute

21响礼炮是最普遍认可的礼炮礼炮,礼炮是通过发射大炮或大炮作为军事荣誉。

原文

A: This is Madeline Wright, for BCC News reporting live from Washington D. C. where, very shortly, the new President will deliver his inaugural address. Just moments ago, the President was sworn-in to office, following the United States Constitution ,the President swore an oath to faithfully execute the office of the presidency.

B: And what exactly is going on now, Madeline?

A: Well, Tom, true to American tradition, the band has just played “Hail to the Chief”, and the President has been honored by a 21-gun salute. Now we’re waiting for the President to take to the stage and deliver his speech. Tom, it’s like a who’s who of the political world here on Capital Hill, with dignitaries representing several different countries.

B: What’s the mood on the ground like, Madeline?

A: In a word, the mood here is electric. The excitement in the air is palpable; I’ve never seen a larger crowd here on Capital Hill, and the audience is shouting, crying, and embracing each other. On this, a most historic day, you can feel the hope and the excitement in the air. The 20th of January will go down in history as the . . . . Oh, Tom, it looks like the President is about to begin. . .

C: My fellow Americans, I stand before you today …


035 辞退下属

concern about/for

担心

= worry about/for

about/for大部分可以替换使用

“Concern about” usually implies a more general or objective worry about a situation or issue

“Concern for” usually implies a more personal or emotional worry for someone or something

I’m concerned about the situation in the market recently

很关心最近市场的情况

I have some concerns about the situation in the market recently

很关心最近市场的情况

She expressed her concern for the situation in the market recently.

她表达了她对最近市场形势的关注。

The company’s financial performance is a big concern for the investors.

公司的财务表现是投资者非常关心的问题。

a good fit

形容人适合工作,适合公司

I’ve interviewed someone today, but I don’t think he will be a good fit for our company.

我今天面试了一个人,但我认为他不会适合我们公司。

You’ll be a really good fit for this position, you have all the right skills and experience.

你将非常适合这个职位,你拥有所有合适的技能和经验。

I don’t know , do you think he will be a good fit.

我不知道,你认为他会很合适

performance

表现

The company’s financial performance is a big concern for the investors.

公司的财务表现是投资者非常关心的问题。

unreliable

不可靠的

The trains here are so unreliable, they never arrive on time.

这里的火车很不可靠,它们永远不会准时到达。

Tomas is pretty unreliable,he never finishs his project on time.

托马斯很不可靠,他从来没有按时完成他的项目。

You pomised you would pick me up from work today, you are so unreliable.

你说今天会接我下班,你太不靠谱了。

productive

效率高

= doing a lot in a short time.

I was so productive at work today, I managed to finish three important project

我今天的工作效率很高,我完成了三个重要的项目

I can’t be productive with all these noise.

我不能忍受所有这些噪音。

We weren’t very productive last week , we have work a lot hard this week to finish everything

上周我们不是很好,这周我们努力工作以完成所有事情

poor judgement

判断力差

work ethic

职业道德

Francis has a really good work ethic, he always finishs his projects on time.

弗朗西斯有很好的职业道德,他总是按时完成他的项目。

The people in the company don’t have a strong work ethic.

公司里的人没有很强的职业道德

If you want to be a lawyer, you have to(gotta) have a really good work ethic.

如果你想成为一名律师,你必须有良好的职业道德。

coach

训练员工

I need you to spend some time coaching the new sales associates.

我需要你花些时间指导新的销售人员。

I’m not really good at running meetings, can you coach me?

我不太擅长主持会议,你能指导我吗?

Jam is coaching me on presentation skill

Jam 正在指导我的演讲技巧

the bottom line

最重要的是

The bottom line is I don’t think he’s a good fit for our company.

最重要是我认为他不适合我们公司。

We just won’t be able to finish this project on time, that’s the bottom line.

我们就是没法按时完成这个项目,这就是关键所在。

The bottom line is that you work is not good enough.

关键是你做事还不够好。

When you late for meetings, you delay the whole team, that’s the bottom line.

当你开会迟到时,你就耽误了整个团队,这是关键。

The bottom line is that we need to keep costs down if we want to stay in business.

底线是,如果我们想继续经营下去,就需要降低成本

I know you have a lot to say, but let’s get to the bottom line. What’s your main point?

我知道你有很多话要说,但让我们直截了当。 你的主要观点是什么?

overall

整体来说

= in general

There are a few problems , but overall ,I think he’s doing a good job.

有一些问题,但总的来说我认为他做得很好。

There are a few mistakes, but overall ,this’s a good report

错误,这是一个很好的报告

Overall,We’ve been very successful this year.

今年我们非常成功。

perfectly good

非常好

a perfectly good reason/car/computer

Why do you want to get a new computer, this one is perfectly good.

你为什么要买一台新电脑,这台非常好。

I can’t believe you’re going to throw out your ipod ,it’s perfectly good.

我不敢相信你会扔掉你的 iPod,它非常好。

I’m sure you have a perfectly good reason for being late.

我相信你迟到是有充分理由的。

原文

A: So, Lauren, I just wanted to talk to you quickly about our new customer support representative, Jason Huntley.
B: Sure, what’s up?
A: Basically, I’ve got a few concerns about him, and the bottom line is, I don’t think he’s a good fit for our
company.
B: Okay… what makes you say that? I thought you were pleased with his overall performance. Didn’t you just tell me last week how impressed you were with his attitude?
A: Yeah, his attitude is great, but he’s really unreliable.Sometimes he’s really productive, but then other times…take last Tuesday for instance, he was forty-five minutes late for our morning meeting!
B: Well, I’m sure he had a perfectly good reason…
A: But that’s not the only thing… you know, he really doesn’t have the best work ethic, I’m constantly catching him on MSN and Facebook when he should be talking to clients.
B: Yeah, but come on, Geoff, as if you don’t check Facebook at work. Look, you hired this guy, we’ve invested a lot of time and money in his training, so now it’s up to you to coach him. Make it work, Geoff!
A: Make it work, Geoff. You would say that, wouldn’t you, he is your cousin; what a jerk, make me hire your stupid,
useless, cousin.


036 情侣吵架

to get a hold of someone

尝试联系某人

I’ve been calling his phone all day, but I can’t get a hold of him.

我整天都在打他的电话,但我联系不上他。

stand me up

失我的约

Why did you stand me up again last night.

为什么昨晚你失我的约。

priorities

优先事项

You need to get your priorities straight.

你应该整理好自己的事情

You need to get your shit together.

你应该整理好自己的事情

the shit

用shit表达质量高

it means that it is of very high quality.

Here are some examples of using “shit” to express excitement or admiration:

“This band is the shit! I can’t believe how amazing they sound!”

“You are the shit, man! I don’t know how you managed to finish that project so quickly.”

You are the shit, man! I can’t believe how amazing you are.

“Holy shit, that car is incredible! I’ve never seen anything like it!”

“This game is the shit, it’s so addictive and fun!”

“That was some crazy shit you pulled off on the dance floor, I’m impressed!”

A piece of shit

质量差

it means that it doesn’t work very well, or not as you had expected.

How’s the new car? – Oh, it’s a piece of shit. I’ve had to take it to the mechanic several times.

That guy just stole that woman’s purse! – Somebody stop that piece of shit!

My/Your/His/Her Shit

表示物品归属

A very generalized way to talk about your possessions

Hey, where can I put all my shit? – Just throw it on the floor. (shit = luggage)

Do you mind getting your shit out of my car? (shit = random objects)

Full of shit

满嘴胡话

There’s no way you said that to your boss, you are so full of shit!

He said he won the lottery, but I think he’s full of shit.

No shit

表示震惊

Guess what! I just saw a guy eat a whole pizza in 2 minutes!

No shit! (impressed)

Did you know that Michael Jackson died?

No shit. (ironic because most people know this)

heading

前往

=going

I don’t know where our relationship is heading

我不知道我们的关系将会走向何方

where is this bus heading

这辆公交车要去哪里

where is this project heading

这个项目的发展方向是什么?

do you have any idea how

你知道……

You forgot my birthday , do you have any idea how angry I am.

你忘了我的生日,你知道我有多生气吗?

July kissed my boyfriend, did she have any idea how mean that is.

July吻了我的男朋友,她知道那是多么卑鄙的行为吗?

I just broken with my bf, do you have any idea how sad I am.

我刚刚和我的男朋友分手了,你知道我有多难过吗?

I’ve heard it all before

我知道了你要说什么

You don’t have to give me an excuse, I know what you’re going to say

take a break

短暂分手

decency

风度,礼貌

It’s basic decency to treat others with respect, even if you don’t agree with their opinions.

尊重他人是基本的礼貌,即使您不同意他们的意见。

I was really impressed with the decency and professionalism of the staff at the hospital during my visit.

在我访问期间,医院工作人员的礼貌和专业精神给我留下了深刻的印象。

In today’s world, it’s becoming harder and harder to find people who have a sense of decency and ethics in their personal and professional lives.

在当今世界,越来越难找到在个人和职业生活中具有体面和道德感的人。

原文

A: Steven! Where have you been? I’ve been trying to get a hold of you for hours!
B: I… um… there was an emergency at work, so…
A: I was waiting for you in the restaurant for three hours! And you didn’t even have the decency to call me! Do you
have any idea how embarrassed I was?
B: Honey, I promise this won’t happen again, it’s just that I…
A: Yeah, right. I’ve heard it all before. I’m not going to take any more of your empty promises. This is the 5th time you’ve stood me up in two weeks! You need to get your priorities straight. I’m tired of you putting your job first all the time!
B: Come on, Veronica, that’s not fair. I do care about you a lot, you know that. I tried to …
A: You know what? Maybe we should just take a break. I need some time to think about where this relationship is
heading.
B: But…Veronica, would you just listen to me? There was a fire alarm at my office building today and I was stuck…


037 中国新年

dumpling

水饺

= a small pieces of dough with some meat or some vegetables inside, and then they are boiled or steamed

My grammar told me how to make dumplings

我的语法告诉我如何包饺子

Have you tried dumplings they are amazing

你吃过饺子吗,它们太棒了

firecracker

鞭炮

Are you gonna buy firecrackers for Chinese New Year?

过年要买鞭炮吗?

There are firecracker everywhere in New Year’s Eve.

除夕夜到处放鞭炮。

firework

烟花

Be careful, I’ll set off fireworks

小心,我要放烟花

set off

点燃

set off the firecracker/bomb/fireworks

点燃烟花,鞭炮,炸弹

Be careful, I’ll set off firecrackers

小心,我要放鞭炮

The police are searching the person who set off the explosion last night.

警方正在搜查昨晚引发爆炸的人。

The smoke set off the building’s fire alarm

烟雾引爆了大楼的火警

I’m so excited about

我非常兴奋

I’m so excited about our vacation next month.

我对我们下个月的假期感到非常兴奋。

I’m so excited about opening all my presents.

我很高兴打开我所有的礼物。

I’m so excited about my trip to Europe next month.

我对下个月的欧洲之行感到非常兴奋。

I’m really looking forward to

非常期待

I’m really looking forward to Spring Festival.

我真的很期待春节。

I’m really looking forward to meeting with you tonight

我真的很期待今晚与你见面

I can’t wait

迫不及待

It’s so excited , I can’t wait to see you

太兴奋了,**我迫不及待地想见到你

Smells delicious, I can’t wait for dinner

闻起来很香,我等不及吃晚饭了

I can’t wait to open my presents

我等不及打开我的礼物了

I bet

我打赌

I bet I’m going to get so much money for Chinese New Year.

我打赌过年我会得到这么多钱。

Robot is late, where do you think he is,I bet he’s stuck in traffic

机器人迟到了,你认为他在哪里,我敢打赌他被堵在路上了

I bet the boss is gonna give us a big bonus this year.

我打赌老板今年会给我们一大笔奖金。

lunar New Year

农历新年

Spring Festival

春节

= Chinese New Year

impatient

不耐烦的

red envelopes

红包

That year it introduced a feature that allowed users to send virtual red envelopes filled with money electronically.

get to

“get to” is a versatile phrase that can be used to express the idea of having an opportunity to do something, or being able to do something that is important or desirable to the speaker. It can be used in a variety of contexts to convey excitement, anticipation, disappointment, or gratitude.

有机会做

= sounds like get a chance to

I can’t wait to get to the beach and feel the warm sand between my toes.

I don’t always get to have dessert, but when I do, I choose chocolate cake.

I have to finish my work before I get to go out and play.

I was lucky enough to get to travel to Europe last summer and visit some incredible museums and galleries.

原文

A: I’m so excited about Chinese New Year! When do I get to visit Grandma? Grandma makes the best dumplings in
the world!
B: Ha ha, right. Sounds to me like you’re more excited about the dumplings than seeing your Grandma.
A: Of course I miss Grandma, too. I bet she’s gonna teach me how to play Mahjong! Hey, Dad, are you going to buy me firecrackers this year? We’re going to have the best fireworks! I’m really looking forward to lighting them!
B: Son, firecrackers aren’t toys; they’re dangerous!
A: No, fireworks are awesome!
B: Whoa, don’t you remember? Last year when I set off the firecrackers, you covered both your ears and hid
behind your mother?
A: Dad! I was scared because… because I saw a bug. That’s all.
B: Hahaha… really?
A: Oh, and I can’t wait to watch the dragon dance! Dad, can I sit on your shoulders this time?
B: Hey, I offered last year…
A: Well, I… anyways, I was just thinking of the red envelopes. I wanna make a list of all the things I’m gonna buy with my red envelope money! I can’t wait! I’m gonna have so much money! Mom, can I get a pen and a piece of
paper?
A: I want a new transformer, no, two transformers…the Optimus Prime, and…maybe the wheeljack? I’ll get a PSP
game, hahaha, and I’ll buy the entire class lunch at McDonald’s…


038 挑选礼物

vehicle

交通工作

= a machine that carry people from one place to another

There are a lot of vehicles on the road today

今天路上车很多

Three vehicles involved in the accident

事故涉及三辆车

Remember, do not leave any valuable items in your vehicle.

请记住,不要将任何贵重物品留在车内。

sedan

四门轿车,轿车

a type of car with four doors that can fit five people inside.

beetles

甲虫车

SUV

越野车

a large vehicle that suitable to run on rough surfaces

gas mileage

油耗

=kilometer

What’s kind of gas mileage does this car get

这辆车的油耗多少

the gas mileage is great , the car get 30

油耗很好,这辆车能跑 30

the gas mileage improved when you drive in the high way

当你在高速公路上行驶时,油耗会提高

airbags

安全气囊

brake

刹车,制动系统

= slowdown something

There are something wrong with car’s brake , I can’t stop.

汽车的刹车有问题,我不能停下来。

Make sure you get your bike’s brakes checked , I don’t want you to get in a accident

确保检查自行车的刹车,我不想让你出事故

the brakes didn’t work and it crash into a tree.

刹车失灵,它撞到一棵树上。

reinforce

加强,增援

I reinforce all the walls, there’s no way they are gonna fall down

我加固了所有的墙,它们不可能倒塌

This plastic reinforced with glass, so it’s both light and strong.

这种用玻璃增强的塑料既轻又结实。

I’m just browsing

我就看看,不一定买【对付销售人员的话】

= look around to see if anything is interesting

I’m just browsing, I don’t need any help

我只是浏览,不需要任何帮助

Lily was browsing through the department store when she saw Tom

莉莉看到汤姆时正在逛百货商店

There are a lot of people browsing through the stroe, but no one is buying.

有很多人逛商店,但没有人购买

sleep on it

给我点时间,让我仔细想想

= think about something further and make the dicision later.

I don’t know if we should buy that house, it prefect for us, but it’s so expensive,let’s sleep on it

我不知道我们是否应该买那房子,它对我们来说很完美,但它太贵了,我们仔细想想

Why don’t you sleep on it until meet tomorrow.

为什么你不先考虑一下,等到明天见面再决定呢?

This’s big more than what I can afford, let me sleep on it.

这超出了我的承受能力,让我仔细想想

promotion

促销

two for one offered is a promotion.

买二送一

We can’t have a sale promotion right now, because our costs are too high.

我们目前不能搞促销,现在成本太高

The department store offering promotion everything is 50% off, let’s go shopping.

百货商场现在有五折促销,走去逛逛

A two for one promotion will be a way to attract new customers.

买二送一促销可以吸引新顾客

we are considering a sales promotion.

我们考虑搞促销

sale

促销

We can’t have a sale promotion right now, because our costs are too high.

我们目前不能搞促销,现在成本太高

sales promotion

打折促销

We can’t have a sale promotion right now, because our costs are too high.

我们目前不能搞促销,现在成本太高

discount

价格中扣除的金额

= the amount of deduction in price

bargain

讨价还价

原文

A: Hi there, can I help you folks?
B: I’m just browsing; seeing what’s on the lot. My daughter wants a car for her birthday, you know how it is.
C: Dad! I’m sixteen already and I’m, like, the only one at school who doesn’t have a car!
A: She is right, you know. Kids these days all have cars. Let me show you something we just got in: a 1996 sedan. Excellent gas mileage, it has dual airbags and anti lock brakes; a perfect vehicle for a young driver.
C: Dad, I love it! It’s awesome! Can we get this one please?
B: I see… What can you tell me about this one?
A: Oh, that’s just an old World War Two tank that we use for TV commercials. Now about this sedan
B: Whoa, whoa wait a minute. Tell me more about this tank.
A: Well, Sir, if you are looking for quality and safety then look no further! Three inches of reinforced steel protect your daughter from short range missile attacks.
B: Does the sedan protect her from missile attacks?
A: It does not.
B: Well, I don’t know. Let me sleep on it.
A: Did I mention the tank is a tank?
B: I’ll take it!
C: Dad!


039 约会朋友兄弟

hear

听说

get the information from someone

I heard you are dating a new guy

我听说你在和一个新男人约会

July told me that she heard you are pregnant

七月告诉我她听说你怀孕了

What? you got fired, I heard you that you quit.

什么? 你被解雇了,我听说你辞职了。

fill me in

告诉我详情

give me more info

career path

职业规划

good looking

好看,好帅

= handsome【old fashion】

He’s good looking

quite tall

很高

kinda tall

a bit of short

not that short

six feet one inches

6足1英尺=180cm

one feet equals 30 cm

one feet equals 12 inches

in his earily thirties

三十出头

mid thirties三十四、三十五

late thirties快四十岁

He’s in his earily thirties

他三十出头

he’s hot

他很性感

= attractive

当面只能说you are really pretty,评价他人时可以说he’s hot ,he’s good looking

Juicy details

爆炸性新闻,有趣的细节

information or gossip that is exciting, interesting, or scandalous

It implies that the information being shared is personal or private and may involve secrets or embarrassing details.

原文

A: Irene! I heard you were on a date last night! So, how did it go? I want all the juicy details!
B: Um… well, actually, we had a fantastic time last night. He was…amazing!
A: Okay, now you really have to fill me in. What’s he like?
B: He’s really good looking; he’s quite tall, around 6’1”,he’s in his early thirties, and he’s got the most beautiful dark brown eyes…
A: He sounds hot! What does he do for a living?
B: You know what, this is the best part. David is a junior investment banker at Fortune Bank, so he’s got a great career path ahead of him!
A: Hold on a sec, his name is David?
B: Yeah?
A: That’s my brother!


040 办公室请帮忙

favor

小忙

a small helpful thing

May I get you to do me a favor

我可以让你帮我一个

Can I ask you a favor

可以请你帮个

Could you do me a favor and pass me that file.

你能帮我个忙,把那个文件递给我吗?

can you do me a quick favor and close the door behind you?

你能帮我个小忙吗,关上你身后的门?

interrupt

打断

Sorry to interrupt you , but someone wants to talk to you right now.

很抱歉打断你一会儿,但现在有人想和你说话。

Can I interrupt you for a sec, but

我能打断你一下吗,但是

I’m sorry to interrupt you , but

很抱歉打扰你,但是

bother

打扰【礼貌的打断别人】

Can I bother you for a sec?

我能打扰你一会吗

I hate to bother you, but may I get you to do me a favor

我不想打扰你,但我可以让你帮我一个

I’m sorry to bother you, but can I ask you a favor

很抱歉打扰你,但我能请你帮个忙吗

I don’t meant to bother you, but could you do me a favor and pass me that file.

我不想打扰,但你能帮我个,把那个文件递给我吗?

on board

来到公室,团队

欢迎上船/上车/上飞机

welcome on board, if you have any questions please be free to ask me.

欢迎加入,如果您有任何问题,请随时问我。

we need to get our new office system on board ASAP

我们需要尽快安装新的办公系统

we decided to bring Melissa on board to draw a marketing team.

我们决定让 Melissa 加入以组建营销团队。

about to

马上要去做

very soon, usually within a matter of seconds

I’m about to go out for lunch

我正要出去吃午饭

The doors are about to close.

即将关闭。

I’m about to leave for work.

我正要工作。

I was about to call you when you texted me.

当你给我发短信时,我正要打电话给你。

instead

替换

in the place of

I’ll have the chicken instead of the fish.

我要吃鸡肉而不是鱼。

I wanted to buy a red sweater, but they didn’t have one, so I bought a blue one instead.

我想买一件红色的毛衣,但他们没有,所以我买了一件蓝色的。

原文

A: Um, sorry to bother you, um… my name is Rachel. I’m new here. Can I ask you a favor?
B: Hi Rachel, welcome on board. I’m afraid I can’t help you right now. I’m getting ready for a very important meeting.
A: Excuse me, but can I bother you for a sec?
C: You know what, I’d love to help you, but I’m about to meet an important client. Do you wanna try Sean instead? He sits right over there.
A: Sorry to interrupt you Sean, could you do me a quick favor?
D: Actually, I’m working on a document that is due in a couple minutes. I really can’t talk to you right now. Sorry about that.
A: Geeze! I just want to know where the bathroom is! What’s wrong with you people!


041 电影预告片

possess

拥有

= have

They possess the secret of eternal life, if you find it we can live forever.

他们拥有永生的秘密,如果你找到它,我们就能长生不老。

The Queen possess this diamond,but then we stole it.

女王拥有这颗钻石,但后来我们偷走了它。

One day all possess all these money

有一天所有人都拥有所有这些钱

movie trailer

电影预告片

a preview of upcoming movie

an advertisement for a future movie

survival

生存

continue to live even in really hard times.

Due to the economy downturn, many small business are strigle to survival.

由于经济不景气,许多小企业都在为生存而挣扎。

We’ve learned some survival skills to prepare for the earthquake.

我们已经学会了一些生存技能来为地震做准备。

The doctor said the chance of survival is about 50 percent.

医生说存活的机会大约是百分之五十。

defend

保卫

We have to defend the castle at all costs, the army is trying to kill the king.

我们必须不惜一切代价保卫城堡,军队正试图杀死国王。

The soldiers defended the base in the difficult battle.

战士们在艰苦的战斗中保卫了基地。

These new machine guns will defend us.

这些新机枪将保卫我们。

rough

粗糙的、粗鲁的、狂野的、激烈的

competitive, aggressive, or confrontational behavior.

The kids were playing rough in the backyard, jumping off the swings and chasing each other around.

孩子们在后院玩得很粗野,从秋千上跳下来互相追逐。

The two teams played a really rough game of basketball, with lots of pushing and shoving on the court.

"两支队伍打了一场非常激烈的篮球比赛,在球场上有很多推搡和撞击。

You wanna play rough?Fine,but I’ve called the police now.

你想玩得粗野一点吗?用来激怒对方 【to challenge the other to a game of one-on-one basketball or a wrestling match】

Robert has played rough to win.

罗伯特为取胜不择手段

Don’t play rough with me, I’m your father.

别对我粗暴,我是你爸爸。

at all costs

不惜一切代价

I’ll protect my kids at all costs

我会不惜一切代价保护我的孩子

We have to get this project done at all costs

我们必须不惜一切代价完成这个项目

You find those criminals at all costs.

你不惜一切代价找到那些罪犯。

no matter what

不论怎样,也要做……

= even if it difficult

I’m going to go on vacation no matter what.

我无论如何都要去度假。

I’m going to protect my kids no matter what.

无论如何,我都会保护我的孩子。

I’m gonna love you forever no matter happen.

无论发生什么,我都会永远爱你。

stand in the way

阻碍

prevent a person from doing something

keep a person from doing something

Don’t let anything stand in the way of your goals.

不要让任何事情阻碍你实现目标。

I’m going to find that guy and nothing will stand in my way

我要和那个家伙战斗,没有什么能挡住我的路

I don’t care what happens, I’m gonna get that money, you’d better not stand in my way.

我不在乎会发生什么,我会得到那笔钱,你最好不要挡我的路。

get down

低头

Here’s a gun in his hand, get down.

他手里拿着枪,下来。

Oh, no. There he is, get down, don’t let him see you.

不好了。 他在那儿,下来,别让他看见你。

Get down, the bomb is going to explode

趴下,炸弹要爆炸了

drama

正剧

thrill

刺激的

原文

A: In a digital world, even the strongest must fight for survival. Two people, possess a secret so valuable, so
powerful, they have to defend it at all costs.
B: I don’t care where they are, I don’t care what it takes… you find them and bring them to me!
A: They only had one chance! And their chance was to fight back!
D: You wanna play rough? Okay, say hello to my little friend!
A: With a little help from a Governor…
C: Listen to me! We have to get them outta there! No matter what!
A: Nothing will prevent them from doing their job!Double the action.
D: Get down!
A: Triple the excitement.
D: Get down again!
A: This summer… nothing will stand in their way.
B: I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.
A: Two hosts, one podcast, coming to a theater near you.


042 拖延时间

press kit

宣传资料袋,新闻发布材料

something the marketing department will put together, basically , pictures , logos, infomation about the company. When a new spaper or magazine wants to write an article about them, so they have something already prepared that they could give the newspapaer or magazine.

Sure, meow[Smiling with a friendly look.] A company creates a press kit when it wants to get publicity or attention for its products, services, launches, events, news, or accomplishments meow. A press kit can help the company communicate with the media, be more credible, be more transparent, be more professional, and be more engaging meow~[Nodding enthusiastically.]

Our company press kit include the CD with the lists of our products

deadline

截止时间

If you can’t reach your deadline or you can’t make your deadline, you must ask for an extension.

如果您无法在截止日期前完成或无法在截止日期前完成,则必须请求延期

extension

延长

= move the deadline in the future

If you can’t reach your deadline or you can’t make your deadline, you must ask for an extension.

如果您无法在截止日期前完成或无法在截止日期前完成,则必须请求延期

This project need do on Thursday , but I’ll ask for extension and finish it on Monday.

这个项目需要在星期四做,但我会要求延期并在星期一完成。

I might need to ask for an extension on that deadline.

我可能需要在那个截止日期要求延期

run into

遇到,遭到问题、麻烦

= don’t use meet some problems

We’ve run into a storm on our way home.【用现在完成时,表示这刚刚结束,我们在刚刚回来的路上遇到的暴风雨】

我们在回家的路上遇到了暴风雨

If you aren’t careful now, you’ll run into a lot of problems later.

如果你现在不小心,以后你会遇到很多问题。

I ran into some trouble with my computer.【用一般过去时,表示遇到过,但不是一定是刚刚遇到的】

我的电脑出了点问题。

I have run into some trouble with my computer.【用现在完成时,表示刚遇到过问题但电脑现在没问题了,或者现在电脑还是有问题的状态】

我的电脑出了点问题。

delay

延迟了

The project was delayed

该项目被推迟

I’ve been meaning to

想做某事很久,但没做【没时间,没钱等原因】

I’m sorry I haven’t called you yet, I’ve been meaning to , but I’ve been bussy.

对不起,我还没给你打电话,我一直想打电话给你,但我一直很忙。

I’ve been meaning to tell you, but john quit yesterday

一直想告诉你,但约翰昨天辞职了

I’ve been meaning to see that film for a while.

一直想看那部电影。

beyond my control

我无法控制

There is nothing I can do about this weather, it’s beyond my control.

对于这种天气我无能为力,它超出了我的控制范围。

put something off

推迟,晚点做

I’ve been putting off this project for a week, but it’s due tomorrow.

我已经把这个项目推迟了一个星期,但它明天就到期了。

Can we put off our meeting to next new week, I’m too bussy right now.

我们可以把会议推迟到下个星期吗,我现在太忙了。

I’ve been put off my email all day, and now I have 50 messages to response to.

我一整天都没有收到电子邮件,现在我有 50 封邮件要回复。

You always put something off till last minute.

你总是把事情拖到最后一刻。

原文

A: So, Casey, how are things going with the photos for the press kit?
B: Yeah, I’ve been meaning to talk to you about that. I might need to ask for an extension on that deadline.
A: You’ve had over a month to get this finalized! Why are things delayed?
B: Well, the thing is, we ran into a lot of problems. . .
A: I’m not looking for excuses here. I just want to get this finished on time!
B: I know, and I apologize for the delay. But some things were just beyond my control. I had trouble booking the photographer, and then Michael was sick for three weeks, so I couldn’t include him in the photos, and the design team lost all the files, so I had to re-do the pictures.
A: I’m not going to put this off any longer, Casey! I want those photos ASAP!


043 签证

remain

停留

= stay

visa

签证

an official document that you get in your passport that allows you to travel legally to a country.

支持,照顾,给予金钱支持

=take responsibility for money

Mike is sponsor in our sport team.

迈克是我们运动队的赞助商。

If you apply for a visa to another country, you must have someone who can sponsor you and guarantee you have enough money.

如果你申请其他国家的签证,你必须有一个人可以赞助你并保证你有足够的钱。

invitation letter

介绍信

= formal letter from your friend who ask you to invite their country

ties

联系

the things that keep you attached to something

I sold my house and closed my bank account, I don’t have any more ties with my homeland country.

我卖掉了我的房子并关闭了我的银行账户,我与我的祖国没有任何联系

Alvin enjoyed being single, he wasn’t ready for the ties of family life.

阿尔文喜欢单身,他还没有准备好接受家庭生活的纽带。

Diplomatic relations have improved and the ties between two countries are stronger.

外交关系有所改善,两国之间的联系更加牢固。

financially independent

经济独立

= you have enough money , don’t need to ask for money or hit up sb. for money.

assets

资产

the things or values that you own, things that are expensive that your own in your home country.

You have no house, no car, no investment and no money at all, in fact, you have no asset.

你没有房子,没有车子,没有投资,也没有钱,实际上,你没有资产。

grant

授予

My college granted me a scholarship for being a good student.

我的大学授予我作为一名好学生的奖学金。

The Jim of the magic land told me he would grant me three wishes.

魔法国度的吉姆告诉我他会满足我三个愿望。

He was granted a medal for fighting in the war.

他因在战争中的战斗而被授予一枚勋章。

evidence

证明

The evidence shows this man is guilt

证据表明这个人有罪

The bank need evidence that you own a car or house.

银行需要您拥有汽车或房屋的证据。

move on

通常意味着在经历了困难或具有挑战性的经历后取得进步并继续您的生活

I know your breakup was tough, but it’s been months now. It’s time to move on and start dating again.

我知道你的分手很艰难,但现在已经几个月了。 是时候继续前进并重新开始约会了。

I’m still angry about what happened, but I’m trying to move on and focus on the future.

我仍然对发生的事情感到愤怒,但我正在努力继续前进并专注于未来。

I’m trying to move on from my past mistakes and learn from them instead of dwelling on them.

我正在努力从我过去的错误中继续前进并从中吸取教训,而不是纠缠于它们。

get over

“克服”通常意味着克服与过去经历相关的负面情绪,例如悲伤、愤怒或怨恨。

It’s been hard to get over my disappointment with how the project turned out, but I’m trying to focus on the positive aspects and learn from the experience.

很难克服我对项目结果的失望,但我正努力关注积极的方面并从经验中学习。

I need to get over my procrastination habit and start working on my assignments earlier.

我需要改掉拖延的习惯,早点开始做作业。

where is your final destination and what’s the purpose of your trip to the United States?

回复:

I’m gonna go on vacation to New York.

I’m gonna visit my family member.

I’m gonna visit a company .

how long do you plan to remain in the United States?

回复:

I’ll be here for approximately three weeks/two months.

tell me about the ties you have to your home country.

回复:

bank statements, a copy of your mortagage, or wedding certificate, or a letter from your office or job.

just try to convince the visa officer that you gonna go back to your home country.

原文

A: So, you’re applying for a B2 visa, where is your final destination and what’s the purpose of your trip to the United States?
B: I’m going to visit my brother; he’s just had a baby. He lives in NewYork.
A: And how long do you plan to remain in the United States?
B: I’ll be here for approximately three weeks. See, here’s my return ticket for the twenty-sixth of March.
A: And, who is sponsoring your trip?
B: My brother, here, this is an invitation letter from him. I will stay with him and his family in their home.
A: Alright, tell me about the ties you have to your home country.
B: Well, I own a house; actually, I’m leaving my dog there with my neighbors. I have a car at home, and oh, my job! I’m employed by Tornel as an engineer. Actually, I only have three weeks’ vacation, so I have to go back to work at the end of March.
A: And what evidence do you have that you are financially independent?
B: Well, I do have assets in my country; like I said, I own a house, and see, here’s a bank statement showing my investments, and my bank balance.
A: I’m sorry, sir, we cannot grant you a B2 visa at this time, instead, you are granted a resident visa! Congratulations, you are the millionth person to apply for a visa! You win! Congratulations!


044 闲聊一会儿

barely even

几乎不能

= hardly

It’s so dark, I can barely even see.

It’s so hot outside. I barely even want to leave the house.

I’m so tired today. I barely even slept last night.

The movie was so boring that I barely even paid attention to it.

just about

差不多,几乎

We’re just about out of milk. Can you pick some up at the store on your way home?

我们的牛奶差不多用完了。你能去商店买点吗

I’m just about finished with my work for the day.

我差不多完成今天的工作了

I’m just about to leave for my appointment.

我差不多要去赴约了

catch

听到

Did you catch the news this morning.

你有没有看早间新闻

I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name.

我没听清你的名字

I didn’t catch what he said.

我没听清他说什么。

I didn’t catch what you said.

我没听清你说什么。

By the way

顺便问一下

Are you going to be at the meeting today?Yeah, I will be there, by the way, did you hear what happened today?

你今天会参加会议吗?是的,我会在那里,顺便问一下,你听说今天发生了什么事吗?

By the way, I almost forgot to tell you ,Maggie called.

对了,我差点忘了告诉你,麦琪打来电话了。

By the way, did you happen to know where the bathroom is.

顺便问一下,你知道洗手间在哪里吗?

take the stairs

走楼梯

it sure is cold

相当冷

it’s pretty cold ,alright

相当冷【用于回复上面的it sure is code】

It sure is a nice day today.

  • nice alright

The bus is sure late today.

  • late alright

Do you happen to

你碰巧

= Do you by chance to……

Did you happen to see Bob this morning.

你碰巧今天早上见到鲍勃了吗?

Do you happen to know where the bathroom is?

你碰巧知道浴室在哪里吗?

Do you happen to know what time it is?

你碰巧知道现在几点吗?

Do you happen to have a pen I could borrow?

你碰巧有笔我可以借用吗?

Do you happen to know if there’s a grocery store nearby?

你碰巧知道附近有没有杂货店吗?

Do you happen to remember the name of that restaurant we went to last week?

你碰巧记得我们上周去的那家餐厅的名字吗?

原文

A: Morning.
B: Hi there Mr. Anderson! How are you on this fine morning?
A: Fine, thank you.
B: It sure is cold this morning, isn’t it? I barely even get out of bed!
A: Yeah. It’s pretty cold, alright.
B: Did you catch the news this morning? I heard that there was a fire on Byron Street.
A: No, I didn’t hear about that.
B: Did you happen to watch the football game last night? The Patriots scored in the last minute!
A: No, I don’t like football.
B: Oh. . . By the way, I saw you with your daughter at the office Christmas party. She is really beautiful!
A: She’s my wife! Oh, here’s my floor! Nice talking to you. Goodbye.
B: Sir this is the 56th floor! We are on the 70th!
A: That’s okay, I’ll take the stairs!


045 一见终情4

See someone

约会,不是非常正式

I think Carl is seeing someone in the office.

我认为卡尔正在办公室里约会某人。

Peter asked me to be his girlfriend, but I has seen someone so I have to say no.

彼得要我做他的女朋友,但我见过人所以我不得不拒绝。

If you are not seeing anyone, I’d like to ask you out to dinner.

如果你没有约会,我想请你出去吃顿饭。

cheat on someone

背叛,have a sex or kiss with someone else

They got a divoice because Maery cheated on her husband.

他们离婚了,因为梅里背叛了她的丈夫。

My friend went to cinema yesterday, and found that his girlfriend cheated on hime with other guy.

我的朋友昨天去看电影,发现他的女朋友和别的男人出轨了。

I cheated on my girlfriend one time, but she never find out about it.

有一次我欺骗了我的女朋友,但她从来没有发现这件事。

cheat someone

骗人

mess something up

搞砸了

I messed up on the examen and now I passed my class.

我在考试中搞砸了,但仍然通过了我的课程。

When I’m cooking I always mess up and burn the rice.

每当我做饭时,我总是搞砸并烧焦米饭。

immature

不成熟

Your totel joke is not funny, stop be so immature.

你的幽默不好笑,别这么不成熟了。

Jliy acts like she’s sixteen, she’s so immature.

朱莉表现得像个十六岁的孩子,她太不成熟了

You and your friends always act so immature.

你和你的朋友总是这么不成熟

selfish

自私

= some person only thinks about himself and don’t care about others people’s feelings

put yourself together

振作起来

= relax, take a deep breath

You have to put yourself together and solve your problem.

你必须振作起来解决你的问题。

Calm down, put yourself together get out of there and score goal.

冷静下来,让自己振作起来,离开那里并进球。

everything is going to work out just fine

一切会好起来的

= it’s going to be ok

Don’t worry , everything is going to work out just fine, I’m sure he still loves you.

别担心,一切都会好起来的,我相信他仍然爱你。

it’s going to be alright

一切会好起来的

Everythin is going to be alright, we’ll find your paupy,don’t worry.

一切都会好起来的,我们会找到你的小狗,别担心

it’ll be alright

一切会好起来的

It’s not the end of the world

别担心

break up

分手

dump someone

甩掉

partner

伴侣

原文

A: … so, I said, ”let’s take a break .” And since that night, I’ve been waiting for him to call, but I still haven’t heard from him. You don’t think he’s seeing someone else, do you?
B: Come on, don’t be so dramatic! I’m sure everything is going to work out just fine.
A: You think so? Oh, no! How can he do this to me? I’m sure he’s cheating on me! Why else wouldn’t he call?
B: But, you two are on a break. Theoretically he can do whatever he likes.
A: He’s the love of my life! I’ve really messed this up.
B: Come on, hon. Pull yourself together. It’s going to be alright.
A: But I… I still love him! And it’s all my fault! I can’t believe how immature and selfish I was being. I mean, he is a firefighter, it’s not like he can just leave someone in a burning building and meet me for dinner. I’ve totally messed this up!
B: You know what, Veronica, I think you should make the first step. I’m sure he’ll forgive you…
A: No, this is not gonna happen! I… I’ve ruined everything…
B: Hey… do you hear something? Guess what? It’s your lovely firefighter!
C: When I had you, I treated you bad and wrong dear. And since, since you went away, don’t you know I sit around
with my head hanging down and I wonder who’s loving you.


046 急诊室

CPR

Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation

心肺复苏术

BP

Blood Pressure

血压

Acute Respiratory Failure

急性呼吸衰竭

intubate

插管

Luckily, the docotr intubated in time and pumped air into my lunge

幸运的是,医生及时给我插管并向我的肺部注入空气以保持呼吸。

critical condition

危急情况

The patient was rushed to the hospital in critical condition after suffering a heart attack.

病人心脏病发后被紧急送往医院,处于危急状态。

stabilize

稳定

The company is planning to stabilize its workforce by offering better benefits and job security.

公司计划通过提供更好的福利和工作保障来稳定其员工队伍。

She leaned against the wall to stabilize herself after feeling dizzy from standing up too quickly.

她感到头晕后靠在墙上以保持身体平衡

We need to stabilize the patient before we can put him in the ambulance.

我们需要先稳定病人的情况,然后再把他放进救护车里

ICU

Intensive Care Unit

重症监护室

hook up

连接 ,安装

I finally get a Ninten V, Help me hook it up to the TV.

我终于得到了Ninten V,帮我把它连接到电视上吧。

I don’t know how to hook up this new DVD-player, Can you help me?

我不知道如何连接这个新的DVD播放器,你能帮忙吗?

I just hooked up my new HDTV wanna come over and watch a movie?

我刚刚安装好了我的新高清电视,要来看电影吗?

hold still

别动

If you don’t hold still, I can’t see if you have something in your eye

如果你不静止不动,我看不清你眼睛里有没有东西。

Hold still while she cuts your hear or else she may make a mistake.

请保持静止,她在剪你的头发,否则可能会出错。

Hold still, you have a bee on your back!

别动,你背上有只蜜蜂!

Out of the woods

安全了,走出困境

The company’s finances are improving and they seem to be out of the woods now.

公司的财务状况正在改善,他们似乎已经走出了困境。

He thought he might have caught pneumonia, but luckily he was out of the woods within a few days.

他以为自己可能得上肺炎,但幸运的是几天后便脱离危险了。

hamster

仓鼠

pulse

脉搏

Flatlin

平坦线

which refers to a medical situation where a patient’s heart stops beating

原文

A: Help! Are you a doctor? My poor little Frankie has stopped breathing! Oh my gosh, Help me! I tried to
perform CPR, but I just dont know if I could get any air into his lungs! Oh, Frankie!
B: Ellen, get him hooked up to a monitor! Someone page Dr. Howser. Get the patient to hold still, I cant get a pulse! Okay, hes on the monitor. His BP is falling! He’s flatlining!
A: NOOOOOO! Frankie! Nurse! Do something!
B: Someone get her out of here! Get me the defibrillator. Okay, clear! Again! Clear! Come on! dammit! I’m not
letting you go! Clear! I’ve got a pulse!
C: Okay, whats happening?
B: The patient is in acute respiratory failure, I think were going to have to intubate!
C: Alright! Tubes in! Bag him! Someone give him 10 cc’s of adrenaline! Lets go, people move, move!
A: Doctor, oh, thank god! How is he?
B: We managed to stabilize Frankie, but hes not out of the woods yet; hes still in critical condition. Were moving him to intensive care, but&
A: Doctor, just do whatever it takes. I just want my little Frankie to be okay. I couldnt imagine life without my little hamster!


047 及时战略

lead time

生产周期

the amount of time it takes to complete a process or task, from the initial request or order to its final delivery or completion

redundancies

冗余

extra, more than what’s needed

workstation

工作环境

at a given time

任何时候

at any time

In this factory how many cars are in production at any given time.

在这个工厂,任何时候都有多少辆车在生产?

At any given day, about 40 million people using the Internet.

每天任何时候,大约有四千万人在使用互联网。

Firefighters have to be ready to attend an emergency at any given moment.

消防员必须随时准备应对突发事件

defective

有问题

= has a problem with it

I’m with you on this one

同意

I agree with you

A: I called this meeting today in order to discuss our manufacturing plan. As I’m sure you’re all aware, with the credit crunch, and the global financial crisis, we’re obligated to look for more cost efficient ways of producing our goods. We don’t want to have to be looking at redundancies. So, we’ve outlined a brief plan to implement
the just-in-time philosophy.
B: We have two basic points that we want to focus on. First of all, we want to reduce our lead time.
C: Why would you want to do that? I think this is not an area that really needs to be worked on.

B: Well, we want to reduce production and delivery lead times for better overall efficiency.
A: Right, production lead times can be reduced by moving work stations closer together, reducing queue length, like for example, reducing the number of jobs waiting to be processed at a given machine, and improving the coordination and cooperation between successive processes. Delivery lead times can be reduced through close cooperation with suppliers, possibly by inducing suppliers to locate closer to the factory or working with a faster shipping company.
C: I see& That makes sense.
B: The second point is that we want to require supplier quality assurance and implement a zero defects quality
program. We currently have far too many errors that lead to defective items and therefore, they must be eliminated. A quality control at the source program must be implemented to give workers the personal responsibility for the quality of the work they do, and the autority to stop production when something goes wrong.
C: I’m with you on this one. Its essential that we reduce these errors; we’ve got to force our suppliers to reduce
their mistakes.
A: Exactly. Well, let’s look at how we’re going to put this plan into action. First…(fade out)


048 桑巴国

sambadrome

桑巴场

which is a major cultural event in Brazil and attracts thousands of visitors every year. The parade features elaborate floats, costumes, and music, and is a celebration of Brazilian culture and tradition.

ticket scalper

黄牛

sell tickets at a higher price to people who don’t have tickets.

Police arrived and arrest three ticket scalpers outside of the stadium.

警察赶到并在体育场外逮捕了三名黄牛党。

The concert was sold out, but I was able to buy some tickets from ticket scalper.

演唱会票已售罄,但我能从票贩子那里买到一些票

I hate ticket scalpers , they always resell tickets at much higher price.

我讨厌黄牛党,他们总是以高得多的价格转售门票。

prestigious

权威的,泰斗

Harvard Univerity is one of the most prestigious school in North America.

哈佛大学是北美最负盛名的学校之一。

The academy award is the most prestigious price the actor can get in the film industry.

学院奖是演员在电影界可以获得的最高荣誉。

He worked really hard and now he’s very prestigious heart surgeon.

他工作非常努力,现在他是非常有声望的心脏外科医生。

festival

节日

parade

游行

float

花车

once in a lifetime

一生一次的

once in a lifetime opporiunity

千载难逢的机会

You have a once in a lifetime opportunity to make this trip, you should really go.

你有一次千载难逢的机会来此旅行,你真的应该去。

good thing

好事

Good thing I studied for my exam it was really hard.

幸好我为考试学习了,这真的很难。

It’s a good thing I brought my umbrella , it rained the whole day.

还好我带了伞,下了一整天的雨。

It’s a good thing I bought my house before the prices went up.

我在价格上涨之前买了房子是件好事。

Don’t just

别……

Don’t just leave your toys on the ground.

别将玩具留在地上。

Don’t just buy the first thing that you see, look around first.

不要只买你看到的第一件东西,先环顾四周。

Don’t just acoress the street with looking, it’s dangerous.

不要随便过马路看,那很危险。

no kidding

我同意你说的

= I totally agree with you

“I’m serious” or “I’m not joking”.

I heard that the new restaurant in town has the best pizza.

No kidding? I’ll have to try it out.

我听说镇上新开的餐馆有最好吃的披萨。

**别开玩笑了?**我得试试看。

I just won the lottery!

No kidding? That’s amazing!

我刚刚中了彩票!

别开玩笑了? 太棒了!

take a chance

冒险

= take a risk, do something that you would not normally do.

A: “I’m not sure if I should apply for that job. It’s in a different field than what I’m used to.”

B: “You should take a chance and apply. You never know what opportunities it could lead to.”

A:“我不确定我是否应该申请那份工作。 它与我习惯的领域不同。”

B:“你应该抓住机会并申请。 你永远不知道它会带来什么机会。”

A: “I’m thinking of asking her out, but I’m not sure if she’ll say yes.”

B: “You’ll never know unless you take a chance and ask her.”

A:“我正在考虑约她出去,但我不确定她是否会答应。”

B:“除非你碰碰运气问问她,否则你永远不会知道。”

A: “I’ve never tried sushi before. What if I don’t like it?”

B: “You should take a chance and try it. You might discover a new favorite food.”

A:“我以前从未尝试过寿司。 如果我不喜欢怎么办?”

B:“你应该冒险尝试一下。 你可能会发现一种新的最喜欢的食物。”

Carnival

狂欢

原文

A: I can’t believe we’re here! Carnival in Rio! Seriously, this is like a once in a lifetime opportunity! Can you believe it? We’re here at the biggest party in the world!
B: I know! We’re so lucky that we found tickets for the Sambadrome! Good thing we found that ticket scalper.
A: Look! It’s starting! Wow, this is amazing! Look at how many dancers there are. Oh my gosh! The costumes are so
colorful! This is so cool!
B: It says here that the school that is dancing now is one of the oldest and most prestigious samba schools in Rio.
A: No kidding! Look at them, they’re amazing! Look at that girl on the top of that float! She must be the carnival queen! (嘉年华女王)Move over there so I can get a picture of you!
B: Ok. Hurry up take the picture!
C: join us! come and dance!
B: Oh really… no I can’t. No really, I don’t know how to dance! Honey I’ll see you later!
A: Patrick! Don’t just leave me here!


049 向人要钱

concert

音乐会

The concert was sold out, but I was able to buy some tickets from ticket scalper.

演唱会票已售罄,但我能从票贩子那里买到一些票

hottest

性感,好看

the most handsome and sex guy , really good looing

受欢迎

fine then

好吧

I agree with you but I’m really angry, or sometimes we don’t we other choices

Fine then if you want to go with me, I will go by myself

好吧,如果你想和我一起去,我会自己去

Fine then, If you want to break up ,I don’t care

好吧,如果你想分手,我不在乎

You want to go out with your friend, fine then , just go.

你想和你的朋友出去,那好吧,去吧。

I was wondering can I

我想……

I was wondering can I borrow your car

我想知道我可以借用你的车吗

Do you think I could

你觉得我可以……

Do you think I could use your computer?

你觉得我可以用你的电脑吗?

Do you think he could have these reports finished by today?

你认为他能在今天之前完成这些报告吗?

Would you mind

你介意……

Would you mind holding this for me?

你介意帮我拿着这个吗?

Would you mind keeping it down?

你介意小声点吗?

Would you mind cooking diner tonight?I will be home late

你介意今晚做饭吗?我会晚点回家

原文

A: Hey daddy! You look great today; I like your tie! By the way, I was wondering can I
B: NO!
A: I havent even told you what it is yet!
B: Okay, okay, what do you want?
A: Do you think I could borrow the car? I’m going to a concert tonight.
B: Um… I don’t think so. I need the car tonight to pick up
your mother.
A: Ugg! I told you about it last week! Smelly Toes is playing, and Eric asked if I would go with him!
B: Whos this Eric guy?
A: Duh! Hes like the hottest and most popular guy at school! Come on, dad! Please!
B: No can do… sorry.
A: Fine then! Would you mind giving me 100 bucks?
B: No way!
A: That’s so unfair!


050 奇怪的邻居3

appetite

食欲

poison

下毒,毒物

poison someone, you put something in their food or maybe in their drink, that makes them really sick and maybe even makes them die.

I feel terrible, I think someone poisoned me

我感觉很糟糕,我觉得有人给我下了毒

The pollution is poisoning the air

污染正在毒害空气

pointers

建议

give them some suggestions

I want to dance salsa better, can you give me a few pointers.

我想跳萨尔萨舞更好,你能给我一些建议吗?

I need some pointers on how to be a better manager.

我需要一些关于如何成为更好的经理的建议。

Let me give you a few pointers so you can pass your exam.

让我给你一些建议,这样你就可以通过考试了。

I’m going to give a presentation tomorrow do you think you could give me a few pointers?

我明天要做一个演讲你认为你能给我一些建议吗?

Here, let me give you a few pointers about learning English.

在这里,让我给你一些关于学习英语的建议。

You gave me some great pointers they were really helpful.

你给了我一些很好的建议,它们真的很有帮助。

aroma

香气扑鼻

=smell good

This coffee has a great aroma.

这种咖啡香气扑鼻。

bitter

苦口的

Chocolate when it has no sugar is bitter.

没有糖的巧克力是苦的。

Coffee without any sugar is also bitter.

不加糖的咖啡也是苦的。

pass out

倒地

lose consciousness 失去意识

I drank so much last night, so I past out at my friends’ house

昨晚喝多了,跑到朋友家了

She was stand in sun for too long, so she past out right in front of me.

她在阳光下站得太久,所以她就从我面前过去了。

My sister pass out whenever she sees blood.

我妹妹一看到血就晕倒。

What’s happening why I am on the ground, did I pass out?

发生了什么事为什么我在地上,我昏倒了吗?

Please make yourselves at home

请随便一点,就像在自己家一样

= my house is your house

Come on in , sit down ,make yourselves at home.

进来吧,坐下,让自己宾至如归。

You get there before me so just go on in and make yourselves at home.

你比我先到那里,所以继续进去,让自己宾至如归。

I hope you don’t mind but I’m just make mysely at home.

我希望你不介意,但我只是让自己在家。

let me take your coats

让我拿你的外套

can I offer you a glass of wine/something to drink

我可以给你一杯酒/喝点什么吗

here you are

“这是给你的”,这句话的意思是将某物交给对方。

Here you are, try this cake, it’s delicious.

这是给你的,尝尝看这个蛋糕,它很好吃。

come on in

快进来

The addition of “on” adds emphasis and warmth to the invitation.

原文

A: Please make yourselves at home. Let me take your coats. Dinner is almost ready; I hope you brought your appetite
B: Your house is lovely, Armand! Very interesting decor…very…Gothic.
C: I think it’s amazing! You have such good taste, Armand. I’m thinking of re-decorating my house; maybe you could give me a few pointers?
A: It would be my pleasure. Please have a seat. Can I offer you a glass of wine?
C: We would love some!
A: Here you are. A very special merlot brought directly from my home country. It has a unique ingredient which gives it a pleasant aroma and superior flavor.
C: Mmm… it’s delicious!
B: It’s a bit bitter for my taste… almost tastes like… like…
C: Ellen! Ellen! Are you okay?
A: Did she pass out?
C: Yeah…
A: I hope that you didn’t poison her drink too much! You’ll ruin our meal!


051 砍价

bargain

砍价

a bargain= a cheap price, a good deal

低价格

to bargain

尝试砍价

I got this shirt for half price, what a bargain.

我以半价买到这件衬衫,太划算了。

Let’s go shopping, everything is on sale, I’m sure we will find some great bargains

我们去购物吧,所有东西都在打折,我相信我们会找到一些很划算的东西

You look around, you will find some great bargains.

你环顾四周,你会发现一些很棒的便宜货。

price range

价格考虑范围

the minimum and the maximum that you’re willing to spent for a thing that you wanna buy.

Out of my price range.

太贵了

No, that computer is out my price range, do you have something cheaper?

不,那台电脑不在我的价格范围内,你有更便宜的吗?

Honey, you know the resturant is out of my price range.

亲爱的,你知道这家餐厅不在我的价格范围内。

We can’t afford to buy a hourse in this neighborhood ,it’s out of our price range.

我们买不起这附近的一匹马,它超出了我们的价格范围。

shop around

再逛逛其它店

I’ve not sure about it yet, I’m going to shop around for a while.

我还不确定,我打算货比三家一段时间。

Let’s shop around, and see if we can find a cheaper in another store.

让我们货比三家,看看能不能在另一家商店找到更便宜的。

I would shop around, and I found the computer on sale.

我会货比三家,然后发现电脑正在打折。

exclusive

独家的,优势的,独占的

pricy

贵,很贵

something that’s pricy is expensive

It’s still a bit pricy.

它仍然有点贵。

This restuarant is too pricy for me , can we go somewhere else

这家餐厅对我来说太贵了,我们能去别的地方吗

This phone is little pricy, but it’s a really good phone

这款手机有点贵,但它确实是一部好手机

I can’t afford that trip, it’s just too pricy

我负担不起那次旅行,太贵了

Can you give me a better deal

能给我个更好的价格?

I really like this shirt, but it’s too expensive, can you give me a better deal

我真的很喜欢这件衬衫,但是它太贵了,你能给我一个更好的交易吗

Can you give me a better deal on this car? I really don’t have so much money.

你能给我这辆车更优惠的价格吗? 我真的没有那么多钱。

That’s still more than I want to spend

那还是太贵了

This house is a little more than we want to spend.

这房子比我们想花的多一点。

We can’t afford that car, it’s still more than we want to spend.

我们买不起那辆车,它仍然比我们想花的多。

That’s my last offer

我最后的价格

= My final price

原文

A: Hello. May I help you?
B: Yeah, this dress is really nice! How much is it?
A: That one is one hundred and fifty dollars.
B: One hundred and fifty dollars? What about this other one over here?
A: That’s one hundred and forty dollars.
B: Hmm…that’s a bit out of my price range. Can you give me a better deal?
A: This is an exclusive design by DaMarco! It’s a bargain at that price.
B: Well, I don’t know. I think I’ll shop around.
A: Okay, okay, how about one hundred dollars?
B: That’s still more than I wanted to spend. What if I take both dresses?
A: Okay, I can give you a special discount, just because you seem like a nice person. One hundred and ninety
dollars for both.
B: I don’t know… It’s still a bit pricey… Thanks anyway.
A: Okay, my final price! One hundred dollars for both!That’s two for the price of one. That’s my last offer!
B: Great! You’ve got a deal!


052 订披萨

medium pizza

中尺寸披萨

large pizza

大尺寸披萨

pepperoni

意大利辣香肠

olives

橄榄

extra cheese

额外的芝士

pineapple

菠萝

thin crust

薄边,薄面包皮

My sister always remove the crust from her bread.

我姐姐总是把面包皮去掉。

When I eat pizza, I always throw away the crust.

当我吃披萨时,我总是把披萨皮扔掉。

When my mom make apple pine, she would let me make the crust.

当我妈妈做苹果松时,她会让我做面包皮。

This is lthero speaking

我是lthero

When answer the phone, use:Lthero speaking

Two for one special

买一送一

Today on supermarket, you have two for one offer on laundry detergent.

今天在超市,洗衣粉有买二送一的优惠。

That’s amazing that’s a two for one sale at the car dealer.

太棒了,这是在汽车经销商处进行的二合一销售。

I usually buy pizza when they have a two for one special.

当他们有二合一的特色时,我通常会买披萨。

Would you like

(有礼貌)你想要xx

Sounds good

好主意

=it seems good

Your idea for this project sounds good, I like it.

你对这个项目的想法听起来不错,我喜欢。

You want to go on vacation to Jamaica? That sounds good.

你想去牙买加度假吗? 听起来很好。

All of things you said sounds good,but I don’t believe you

你说的一切听起来都不错,但我不相信你

take out

外带

fastfood

快餐

原文

A: Good evening, Pizza House. This is Marty speaking.May I take your order?
B: Um yes& Id like a medium pizza with pepperoni, olives,and extra cheese.
A: We have a two-for-one special on large pizzas. Would you like a large pizza instead?
B: Sure, that sounds good.
A: Great! Would you like your second pizza to be the same as the first?
B: No, make the second one with ham, pineapple and green peppers. Oh, and make it thin crust.
A: Okay, thin crust. Your total is $21.50 and your order will arrive in thirty minutes or it’s free!
B: Perfect. Thank you. Bye…


053 忙碌的餐厅

head chef

主厨

sous chef

副主厨

cuisine

美食

peel

去皮

chop

切块,切片

stir

搅拌

butcher

屠夫

butter

黄油,给……涂黄油

in the weeds

非常忙

running low on

某东西剩下不多了

You better look for a bus station, we’re running low on fuel.

你最好找个公交车站,我们快没油了。

My flashlight is running low on battery, hurry up before gets dark.

我的手电筒没电了,天黑前快点。

We’re running low on beer, can you go out and get some?

我们的啤酒快用完了,你能出去买点吗?

doing really well

做得不错

=everything is good

I’m doing really well in my new job

我在我的新工作中做得很好

原文

A: …Right away sir, your order will be ready shortly. Jean Pierre, we have another special for table seven!
B: I’m working as fast as I can! We’re really in the weeds! Where is my sous chef? Luc! I need you to peel more
potatoes. Marie, chop some onions and carrots for the stew.
A: Jean Pierre another special! We’re really packed tonight! We’re running low on wine. Is there any left in the cellar?
C: Sorry I’m late, everyone. Wow, we are doing really well tonight!
B: Harry, stop talking and get over here I need this sauce stirred and the fish needs to be butchered and buttered.
C: Ok, I’m on it!
A: Jean Pierre, table seven has requested to see the chef! I think they are food critics from Cuisine Magazine


055 一见终情5

Blaze

火焰

a large strong fire

The blaze is spreading quickly, we need to evacuate these people.

这场烈火蔓延得很快,我们需要疏散这些人。

We have to go in there and save these people from the blaze.

我们必须冲进去,把这些人从烈火中救出来。

The family is escaped from the blaze just in time , mintues later the house burned down.

一家人及时从大火中逃脱,几分钟后房子被烧毁。

The fireman rescued two kids from the blaze.

消防员从大火中救出了两个孩子。

Four people were injured in the balze after the store caught fire.

商店着火后,有四人在火灾中受伤。

conceive

产生一个想法,怀孕

The baby was conceived on February third, two thousand and nine

2009年二月三日怀孕

due date

预产期

accurate

精确的

The due date is not accurate.

预产期不准确。

A blood test is the most accurate way of finding out if you’re pregnant.

验血是确定您是否怀孕的最准确方法。

This reports are not accureted, john, we checked and discovered a lot of mistakes.

这份报告不是accured,约翰,我们检查并发现了很多错误。

These new software helps us calculate costs in a very accurate way.

这些新软件帮助我们以非常准确的方式计算成本。

Are you sure your watch is accurate?

您确定您的手表准确吗?

This data isn’t acaurate because it’s five years old.

该数据并不准确,因为它已有五年历史了。

I need you to be more accurate ,when exactly did this happen.

我需要你更准确,这到底是什么时候发生的。

the middle of nowhere

荒芜之地,偏僻

far from city or twon

We are in the middle of nowhere, how can we find our way back home.

我们在偏僻中,如何找到回家的路。

I was in the middle of nowhere, so I couldn’t use my mobile phone

我在偏僻的地方,所以我无法使用我的手机

It takes me two hours to drive to your house, it’s in the middle of nowhere.

我开车到你家要花两个小时,它在偏僻的地方。

I have no idea where nearest town is ,we are in the middle of nowhere

我不知道最近的城镇在哪里,我们在茫茫荒野中

We were in the middle of nowhere when the car ran out of gas.

汽车没油时,我们正处在茫茫荒野之中。

What you want to move to C, that’s in the middle of nowhere

你想移动到 C 的东西,那是在茫茫荒野中

first thing in the morning

早上的第一件事儿,在早上

I’ll call you first thing in the morning, will you be awake in 7?

我早上第一件事就是给你打电话,你会在 7 点醒来吗?

We left first thing in the morning to avoid traffic.

我们早上第一件事就是离开,以避免交通堵塞。

He sent me the email first thing in the morning.

他早上第一件事就给我发了电子邮件。

seems to be in order

一切看着正常

everthing is ok and fine

Everything seems to be in order.

一切似乎都井井有条。

I checked your files and everything seems to be in order

我检查了你的文件,一切似乎都正常

Everything seems to be in order for you visa application.

您的签证申请一切似乎都正常

The doctor told me everything seems to be in order.

医生告诉我一切似乎都正常。

check up

检测,看医生

pregnancy test

孕检

原文

A: Honey, of course I forgive you! I love you so much!I’ve really missed you. I was wrong to get upset over
nothing.
B: I’m sorry I haven’t called or anything, but right after you decided you wanted a break, I was called up north to put out some major forest fires! I was in the middle of nowhere, working day and night, trying to prevent the
blaze from spreading! It was pretty intense.
A: Oh, honey, I’m glad you’re okay! But I have some exciting news… I think I’m pregnant!
B: Really? Wow, that’s amazing! This is great news! I’ve always wanted to be a father! We’ll go to the doctor first
thing in the morning!
C: We have your test results back and, indeed, you are pregnant. Let’s see here… everything seems to be in order.Your approximate due date is October twenty-seventh 2009, so that means that the baby was conceived on February third, two thousand and nine.
B: Are you sure? Are these things accurate?
C: Well, yes sir, they are.
A: What’s wrong? Why are you asking these questions?
B: This baby isn’t mine! I was away the first week of 15 February at a training seminar!
A: I… I… no, it can’t be…

056 抢银行

filling in

替补

to fill in for somebody, you are replacing them

replica

复制品,伪造品,仿造品

This is the replica of the F1.

这是F1的复制品。

I built the replica of the building so that you can see what it is going to look like.

我建造了建筑物的复制品,以便您可以看到它的外观。

I thought it was ming vase, but it’s only a replica.

我以为是明花瓶,但它只是一个复制品。

tap

窃听

you do something to telephone line, so you can hear their conversations

The police caught the drug dealers by tapping their phone line.

警察通过窃听他们的电话线抓住了毒贩。

Don’t say anything on the phone, I think my line may be tapped.

不要在电话里说什么,我想我的电话可能被窃听了。

Don’t worry about it , the police will not tap our phone.

别担心,警察不会窃听我们的电话。

patch through

接通,转接

Bob is not in the office, can you patch me through to his mobile.

鲍勃不在办公室,你能帮我接通他的手机吗?

I will patch you through voice now.

我现在会通过语音给你打补丁。

No I don’t want to be patched through, I want to speak to someone now.

不,我不想被修补,我现在想和某人说话。

clever

聪明

smart

gredy

贪婪

screw up

搞砸

map out

做出计划

for starting a new project in the company, map out the project.

So I have the future all mapped out, well , you will get a job as a waiter then we will get married and two years later we will start having kids.

所以我已经规划好未来了,嗯,你会找到服务员的工作,然后我们就结婚了,两年后我们就开始要孩子。

We’re mapping out the marketing plan at the meeting today.

今天在会议上,我们制定了营销计划。

Ok, I’ve mapped out our trip, it should take about 10 hours.

好的,我规划好了我们的旅行路线,大约需要10小时。

lose your cool

不冷静

Norman really lost his cool at the meeting, he started screaming only saw the sale figures

诺曼在会上真的很失态,看到销售数字就尖叫起来

If you do that one more time, I’m really gonna lose my cool.

如果你再这样做一次,我真的会失去我的冷静

Don’t lose your cool and yelling at me.

不要失去冷静,对我大喊大叫。

bandit

盗匪

burglary

入室盗窃

escape route

逃跑路线

原文

A: All right, so this is what we are going to do. I’ve carefully mapped this out, so don’t screw it up. Mr. Rabbit, you and Mr. Fox will go into the bank wearing these uniforms. We managed to get replicas of the one the guards wear when they pick up the money.
B: Got it.
C: No problem, boss.
A: When you get inside, tell them that you are filling in for Carl and Tom, and say that they are on another route today. Don’t lose your cool. Just act natural.
B: What if they want to call and confirm?
A: You let him.
C: What!?
A: Dont worry, we have the phones tapped, so the call will be patched through to me, and I’ll pretend to be the
transport company.
B: Ha ha, you are so clever boss!
A: Okay, shut up. Only take as much money as you can fit in these bags. Dont get greedy! Are you ready? Let’s go.

057 办公室问题

photocopier

复印机

toner

墨盒的墨,碳粉

ink, used in photocopier

Bug

故障

something causes the system not working properly

I think there’s a bug in the system causing a malfunction. We need to get IT to take a look at it.

我认为系统中存在错误导致故障。 我们需要让 IT 人员对其进行检查。

I tried to print out my report, but the printer keeps malfunctioning. Maybe there’s a bug in the software causing the issue.

我试图打印出我的报告,但打印机一直出现故障。 可能是软件中的错误导致了该问题。

The website crashed due to a bug in the code, causing a major malfunction in our online sales system

该网站因代码错误而崩溃,导致我们的在线销售系统出现重大故障

Malfunction

故障

A problem cause a thing not working properly.

Some soft of bug is causing this system to malfunction.

一些软件错误导致该系统出现故障。

There are some types of malfunction with TV.

电视存在某些类型的故障。

Call me if the computer starts to malfunction.

如果电脑开始出现故障,请给我打电话。

I think there’s a bug in the system causing a malfunction. We need to get IT to take a look at it.

我认为系统中存在错误导致故障。 我们需要让 IT 人员对其进行检查。

I tried to print out my report, but the printer keeps malfunctioning. Maybe there’s a bug in the software causing the issue.

我试图打印出我的报告,但打印机一直出现故障。 可能是软件中的错误导致了该问题。

ASAP

尽快

as soon as possible

Please call the client ASAP.

请尽快致电客户。

I ask you to do this ASAP why it’s not finished.

我要求你尽快做这件事,为什么还没有完成。

Do you need this ASAP?

你需要尽快吗?

practical joke

恶作剧

never mind

别介意

Forget what I said, don’t worry about it.

Someone stole my wallet, oh, never mind, here it is.

有人偷了我的钱包,哦,没关系,就在这里。

Can you get some milk on your way home, never mind, we still have some.

你能不能在回家的路上买点牛奶,没关系,我们还有一些。

The printer is broken? Never mind, I’ll do this later.

打印机坏了? 没关系,我稍后再做。

out of something

用完了……

I’m out of milk, can you get some on your way home?

我没有牛奶了,你能在回家的路上买点吗?

on your way

在回来的路上,顺路

Can you buy me some flowers on your way home?

你能在回家的路上给我买些花吗?

I’ll get dinner on my way home

我会在回家的路上吃晚饭

Can you bring me phone on your way up

你能在上山的路上带我电话吗

Don’t worry, I’m not on my way yet, I’ll leave at 9’clock.

别着急,我还没上路,我九点钟就走。

break down

分解,坏了,不好使

suddenly stop working

My car broke down last night.

我的车昨晚抛锚了。

I promise your computer won’t break down

我保证你的电脑不会坏

Did you hear that, I think the printer broke down again.

你听到了吗,我想打印机又坏了。

break up

分手

break in

闯入

break out

爆发,闯出

break out of jail

越狱

technical

科技,技术

tech

ridiculous

离谱

very unreasonible or kind of silly

My friend spent $500 on a pair of sneakers. I mean, they’re just shoes! It’s ridiculous how much people will pay for a brand name.

我的朋友花了 500 美元买了一双运动鞋。 我的意思是,它们只是鞋子! 人们愿意为一个品牌支付多少钱是荒谬的。

My coworker bought a new car even though their old one was perfectly fine. It’s ridiculous how much people prioritize status symbols.

我的同事买了一辆新车,尽管他们的旧车非常好。 可笑的是,人们如此重视地位象征。

office equitment

办公室用品

damage

损坏

break or harm something, make something not work properly.

原文

A: Hey Carl, can you make a copy of this contract for me please? When you have it ready, send it out ASAP to our subbranch.
B: Sure! Um… I think I broke this thing. Maxine, can you help me out here? I’m not really a tech guy.
C: Yeah, sure. I think it’s just out of toner. You can go use the other one upstairs. On your way up, can you fax this while I try and fix this thing?
B: Sure! Dammit! Everything in this office seems to be breaking down! Never mind. I’ll send this stupid fax later.Oh great! Is someone playing a practical joke on me? This is ridiculous!
D: The elevator has some sort of malfunction. Just take the stairs dude. What floor are you going to?
B: I have to go up fifteen floors! Never mind. Made it! There is the copier!

060 奇怪的邻居4

drag

move someting usually heavy

drag somebody or something across the floor

Help me drag my suitcase out of the way

Stop drag that chair, you make Jack wake up

Can you drag that table over here?

tie sb up

绑起来

take a rope or string and tie sb up

fool

傻,天真

fell for it

上当了,受骗了

I can’t believe she fell for it

我不敢相信她上当了

He might seem like a nice guy, but don’t fall for it, he’s a jerk.

他看上去是个好人,但别被骗了,他是个混蛋

I can’t believe I fell for your lie

我不敢相信我居然上了你的当

I told my mom I was going to a library and she fell for it.

我告诉我妈去图书馆,她相信了

gullible

容易上当,好骗

Lucy is so gullible, she will believe anything you tell her.

Lucy非常容易上当,她会相信你说的任何话

I’m not that gullible , you can’t fool me.

我没那么容易上当受骗,你骗不了我的。

You believed that ruber when he told you he is a police officer? How could you be so gullible.

当他告诉你他是一名警察时,你相信那个鲁伯吗? 你怎么可以这么轻信。

the cat is out of the bag

真象大白!水落石出

I’m sorry I let the cat out of the bag about your surprise party.

对不起我把你惊喜派对的事情说了出来

John let the cat out of the bag , so we know all about the surprise trips to HaWaii

John 泄露秘密 ,所以我们知道夏威夷的所有惊喜之旅

prending

假装

Prend you are my boyfriend, and he will go away.

你假装是我男朋友,他会走开

I can’t believe lucy prended to be sick.

我不敢相信lucy假装生病

You forgot my birthday, don’t prend that everything is ok.

你忘记了我的生日,别装作什么都没发生

原文

A: All right, drag her over here, and help me tie her up.
B: I can’t believe she fell for it! She is a lot more gullible than I thought!
A: Well, you gotta admit, my acting was brilliant!
B: Whatever. I was the one that convinced her to come. Look, she’s waking up!
C: What’s going on? Ellen? What are you doing?
A: The cat’s out of the bag, you witch! You can stop pretending, now!
B: Yeah Lois , we know who you are! Now, we want some answers! Why are you here?
C: Fools! You don’t know who you’re dealing with! You can’t stop me!
B: Run!

061 游泳危机

sailing

帆船航行

I’ve never been sail before

我以前从未航行过

I’m always get sick when I sailing

我航行时总是生病

Did you watch the sailing rise

你看过帆船升起吗

anchor

n.锚

v.to anchor 抛锚

to keep the boat in the same place

Let’s anchor the boat

让我们把船抛锚

I dirved the anchor over the side of the boat, so we won’t float away

我把船锚抛到船边,这样我们就不会漂走

We can’t anchor here because there are power lines under the water

我们不能在这里抛锚,因为水下有电线

dive

潜水,踊跃

doggy-padding

狗刨

moving your hands quickly in front of you, and your legs are all over tha place.

breaststroke

蛙泳

backstroke

仰泳

take a dip

扎猛子

I’m going to take a dip

我要扎个猛子

Do you want to take a dip into the pool?

你想在游泳池里畅游吗?

for a little while

一会儿

I’m tired, I’m just going to set down for a little while

我好累,我要做下休息一会儿

It will only hurt for a little while

只会疼一会儿

Do you want to play tennis for a little while

你想打一会儿网球吗

I’m going to sleep for a little while.

我要睡一会儿

straight towards

直走,向前直走

Watch out! There’s a car is coming straight towards you

小心! 有一辆车正

The boat is coming straight towards us

船正向我们驶来

We are driving straight towards cliff

我们正直奔悬崖

swim suit/swim costume

游泳衣

原文

A: This is such a beautiful day! Great for sailing!
B: It sure is! The water looks so nice! Anchor the boat for a little while. I’m going to take a dip.
A: Why are you doggy-paddling? I taught you how to swim! Do your breast stroke!
B: I get too tired! I’ll just backstroke, it’s easier!
A: Try kicking your legs more. That’s good. Don’t go out too far!
B: It’s Jump in!
A: Kathy! Get back here! I see a shark!
B: Ahhhh!!! Help me! Help! Bring the boat closer! The shark is coming straight towards me!
A: It’s right under you! Kathy!!!

062 面试2

educational background

教育背景

with honors

很荣幸

I graduated with honors

我以优异的成绩毕业

major

主要专业

the main subject you study in unversity.

用法:major in (作动词)

I major in computer science.

用法:作名词

My major is computer science.

我主修计算机科学。

minor

次要的专业

like your major but smaller

You can have two subject in your degree.

你的学位可以有两个主题

bachelor’s degree

学士学位

the bachelor’s degree is what you get after going to unversity for four years

master’s degree

硕士

master’s degree is another two more years after bacheloar’s degree

a master is more focus on a field more specialist

Philosophy Doctor(P.H.D)

博士

have to go to school for another five more years after master’s degree.

course of study

研究课程,研究方向

a plan of study or a path of study

I choose this course of study because it offer a width range of work opportunities.

我选择这门课程是因为它提供了广泛的工作机会。

I want to change my course of study before next senimar starts

我想在下一个 senimar 开始之前改变我的学习课程

My sister didn’t choose her course of study, my parents dicided for her.

我姐姐没有选择她的专业,是我父母替她决定的。

track

追踪

track of study = path of study = the direction of your study

学习轨迹=学习路径

hence

因此

= So, Therefore

The economy is doing poorly, hence, people are losing their jobs.

经济不景气,因此,人们正在失业。

The project was completely failed, hence, the project manager is fired.

项目完全失败,项目经理因此被解雇。

The project was postponed for three months , hence, the delay in delivery.

该项目推迟了三个月,因此延迟交付。

I’ve never study for my exam ,hence, my low marks

我从来没有为考试而学习,因此,我的分数很低。

pursue

追求

pursue a dream/degree/girl

追求梦想/学位/女孩

They wanted to purse their dream of traveling around the world, but it didn’t happen.

他们想实现环游世界的梦想,但没有实现。

My mother wants me to purse a career in law

我妈妈想让我从事法律职业

You should really purse the master’s degree , it would really help your career

你真的应该攻读硕士学位,这对你的职业生涯很有帮助

strive

努力

=try really hard

At our company, we are always striving to improve our services.

在我们公司,我们一直在努力改善我们的服务。

He really strived to get his new job, and his word paid off.

他确实为获得新工作而努力,他的话得到了回报。

If you want to be successful you must strive to achieve your goals.

如果你想成功,你必须努力实现你的目标。

We strive to bring you outstanding customer services.

我们努力为您提供卓越的客户服务。

Our company always strive to make our products better and better

我们公司始终努力使我们的产品越来越好

breadth

宽度

a great breadth of experience

经历广泛

coordinate

协作

implement

实现

= make something happen

implement new strategies, new policies

实施新战略、新政策

contribution

贡献

significant

显著的

important and large enough to do noticeable effective

distinguish

区别

make something different in a special way

take a initiative

主动出击

原文

A: Thanks for coming in today, did you have any trouble finding us? Please , take a seat.
B: Thank you.
A: So, let’s get started; tell me a bit about your educational background.
B: Sure! Well, I graduated with honors from Chesterton University with a major in Business Administration, with a specialization in Information Management, and I minored in psychology. I chose this course of study for two reasons: I wanted to gain some practical, marketable skills, which the information management track provided, and I also feel that interpersonal skills are essential for professional success, hence the minor in psychology.
A: Interesting. And, your postgraduate studies?
B: Well, I am really passionate about consumer behavior, so I pursued a master’s in that area. I also strive to keep my professional skills current, so I continuously attend seminars and conferences related management and customer service.
A: Very good. Now, tell me a little bit about your work experience. I see here that you previously worked at Oracle.
B: Yeah, I worked as their customer support manager, which brought me a breadth of experience in both client care, and process management. I supervised and coordinated the customer support team as well as implemented new strategies to achieve better customer satisfaction.
A: Interesting…
B: Yes, in this position I was able to make some pretty significant contributions to the overall success of the company. With the different initiatives that we implemented, we lowered our churn rate to about five percent, which had a direct impact on revenue.


Good morning, professors, my name is wan and I’m 22 years old. I’m majoring in computer science in NingBo university and was born in Beijing. I’m currently living in NingBo for my studies.

During the four years in college, I have been studying very hard and was granted scholarship ,besides, I participated in various subject competitions such as Mathematical Contest in Modeling for twice, and coding skills competitions and what not.

I have a strong passion for computer science and I always eager to continue learning and exploring new ideas within the field. I’m passionate about coding and enjoy learning new techniques. One of the things I love most about computer science is the opportunity to solve complex problems and develop creative solutions. I’m always excited to take on a new challenge and put my skills to the test.

I am looking forward to making up a solid foundation for future profession which is based on three years of study here. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my introduction. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you better and to learning from your experiences.

读音难

specialization,psychology,satisfaction,coordinated,implemented

063 接待

receptionist

接待

certainly

当然,好的

= to make others know you understand what they said.

may I take your name

你叫什么名字

nice way to say what’s your name

will be with you momentarily

很快与你见面

= see you in a minute or come out soon(unformal)

ready for you

准备好见你了

prepared to speak to you

show you to her office

我带你见他

I will take you to the office

right this way

这边请

this way please.

watch your step

小心楼梯,小心台阶

原文

A: Good afternoon. May I help you?

B: Yes, I’m here to see Joanna Stevens. I have an appointment at four.

A: Certainly, may I take your name? I’ll let her know you’ve arrived.

B: Sure, it’s Josh O’Neil.

A: Ms. Stevens will be with you momentarily. Can I offer you something to drink?

B: Yes, a coffee would be nice, thank you.

A: Here you are. Ms. Stevens is ready for you now. I’ll show you to her office, right this way.

A: Just watch your step here…

064 一见终情6

sleep with

睡过了(sexual relationship,having sex)

confess

坦白

to confess

when you confess something , you tell a secret that you’ve been hiding. something negetive

Bob confessed to me that she stole the wallet.

鲍勃向我承认她偷了钱包。

I have to confess something I’m in love with you.

我不得不承认我爱上了你。

I’m innocent, I will never confess to this crime.

我是无辜的,我永远不会承认这个罪行。

overwhelmed

压力过大,情绪异常

too much emotion

I’m overwhelmed with work.

我被工作压得喘不过气来。

I’m overwhelmed with jealousy.

我嫉妒得要命。

I was overwhelmed with joy when I discovered my wife is pregnant

当我发现我妻子怀孕时,我欣喜若狂。

She is overwhelmed with sadness since her dog dead.

自从她的狗死后,她悲痛欲绝。

Don’t be overwhelmed by all the work you have to do, take your time.

不要被你必须做的工作压垮,慢慢来。

jealousy

嫉妒(n.)

a feeling of jealous

you see somebody and you want what they have

jerk

混蛋

stupid and mean person (more coming for man)

I don’t want to talk to you anymore, you are a jerk.

我不想再和你说话了,你是个混蛋。

My sister had a boyfriend who was real jerk.

我姐姐有一个男朋友,他真是个混蛋。

I don’t want to be a jerk, but can you leave my house.

我不想成为一个混蛋,但你能离开我家吗?

bastard

杂种

jerk is not strong as bastard

can’t use it with women (almost the sward word)

a bun in the oven

怀孕了

原意:烤箱里的面包

I couldn’t help myself

我情不自禁

can’t control myself

I just couldn’t help myself when I saw your car I just have to buy it.

当我看到你的车时,我情不自禁,我只好买下它。

I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself I just started laughing

对不起,我忍不住笑了起来

That cake was so good, I couldn’t help myself I ate it all.

那个蛋糕太好吃了,我忍不住把它全吃光了。

come into the picture

突然走进某人的生活

come into someone’s life

I had a happy life until my mother in law came into the picture.

在我婆婆出现之前,我过着幸福的生活。

Our company grows so much after the new CEO come into the picutre.

新 CEO 上任后,我们公司发展迅速。

My life feels complete now but you come into the picture.

我的生活现在感觉很完整,但你出现了。

ridiculous

荒诞的

insane

疯狂

unfaithful

不忠诚

sleep with others when you have a formal relationship

deceit

欺骗

a home-wrecker

家庭破坏者

a person who has a relationship with a merried man or woman

split up with

分手

原文

A: This is ridiculous! I can’t believe you’ve been sleeping with someone else! How could you do this! You know what? I’m out of here!
B: Wait! Doctor how is this possible? I haven’t cheated on my boyfriend!
C: I have something to confess… I’m sorry Veronica, I lied.
B: Wait… what? What do do you mean?
C: I lied. You aren’t even pregnant; there’s no bun in the oven. I was just so overwhelmed with jealousy that I couldn’t help myself. Veronica I love you!
B: What are you talking about!!! Who are you?
C: It’s me! Daniel, don’t you remember me? From high school. I sat behind you every day in class! I used to go to every football game and watch you in the cheerleading squad!
B: You are insane! We never even spoke! Why did you lie like that to my boyfriend?
C: Because Veronica… It’s not fair! I love you; I have since the first day we met! Everything was going fine until that jerk came into the picture and ruined everything! I went to med school and became a doctor for you! You
always said how you wanted to marry a doctor! You will be mine now… one way or another…
A: I heard everything, you lying bastard! Get your hands off her!

065 面试3

technical acumen

技术头脑

acumen is a strong inside unstanding ability to make diffuicult discisions.

Bob brings bussiness acumen ,knowledge experience, he is the asset to this company.

Bob 带来了商业头脑和知识经验,他是这家公司的资产。

We must hire a progmmar with strong technical acumen

我们必须聘请技术敏锐的程序员

I’m sorry we can’t hire you at this time since the position require someone with stronger techincal acumen

很抱歉我们现在不能雇用你,因为这个职位需要技术敏锐度更高的人

business acumen

商业头脑

excel

精通

to be the best maybe, very good at something.

I excel at cooking.

我精通做饭

When I was kid, I excelled at math.

当我还是个孩子的时候,我擅长数学。

Our company currently excels at customer service.

贵公司目前在客户服务方面表现出色。

I excel at writing codes.

我擅长写代码。

v. 领导一个团队

I’m heading a new division in our company.

我正在领导我们公司的一个新部门。

She headed up a marketing at first for our new product.

她最初负责我们新产品的市场营销。

I would like to head this new project.

我想领导这个新项目。

struggle with

挣扎

We are really struggle with reaching our sale target

我们真的很难达到我们的销售目标

To be honest, I do struggle with time management.

老实说,我确实在时间管理方面很挣扎。

The teacher farted in class I really had to struggle not to laugh.

老师在课堂上放屁我真的很难不笑。

After many years of struggling, I finally became rich.

经过多年的奋斗,我终于变得富有了。

punctuality

守时

to be on time always.

I really struggle with punctuality.

我真的很难守时。

address

解决问题

deal with a problem

We didn’t know that problem existed, but we will address this week.

我们不知道存在这个问题,但我们将在本周解决。

We need to address this issue before it gets too big.

我们需要在它变得太大之前解决这个问题。

Addressing this problem is the top priority for this company.

解决这个问题是这家公司的首要任务。

shortcoming

缺点

short list

入围名单

training session

训练期

asset

资产

perfect fit

合适人选

原文

A: Very good. Now, I have a couple of final questions.
B: I hope they’re not too hard!
A: Well, why should we hire you?
B: I think that I would be a perfect fit in this company. I have a unique combination of strong technical acumen, and outstanding soft skills; you know, I excel at building strong, long-term customer relationships. For example, when I headed the customer support department in my previous company, our team solved about seventy percent of our customers’ problems. I decided that we needed better information and technical preparation on our products, so after I implemented a series of training sessions in coordination with our technical department, we were able to solve ninety percent of our customers’ issues. Given the opportunity, I could bring this kind of success to
this company.
A: Impressive! So, what would you consider to be your greatest weakness?
B: To be honest, I struggle with organization and time management. Punctuality has never been a strength of mine. I find it hard to organize my time efficiently. I have actually addressed this weakness recently, by attending a workshop on efficient time management. It helped me a lot, by providing me with great insights on how to get organized and use my time efficiently, so I think I’m getting better now.
A: Great… Well, let me tell you that I am very pleased with this interview. We are short-listing our candidates this week, and next week we will inform our short listed candidates of the day and time for a second interview with
our CEO.
B: Great, thanks a lot! I hope to hear from you! Good bye.

067 足球

wingman

僚机

refer to sb. as your “right hand”, a wingman is someone who helps u a lot.

tie

平局

We tied the game at 3,3.

我们将比分扳成 3,3 平。

What a amazing game , it’s tie.

多么精彩的比赛啊,打平了。

We’re tied for the first place.

我们并列第一。

foul

犯规

something to them that is not allowed in the sport, when u do this, u have committed a foul

That was a foul.

那是一次犯规。

Did you see that, Delgado fouled him and try to take a shot.

看到没有,德尔加多对他犯规,试图出手。

kick off

踢开

this is how u start the soccer game

out of bounds

出界

the ball go out of bounds, it goes outside the white lines

a throw in

掷界外球

the ball goes out fo bounds, then u put it back in to play.

offside

越位

a goal kick

球门球

a corner kick

角球

penalty kick

罚球

score a goal

得分

on the brink of

濒临

Look , we don’t have any money, we are on the brink of going bankrupt.

看,我们没有钱,我们快破产了。

The two countries are on the brink of war.

这两个国家处于战争的边缘。

We are on the brink of an important discovery.

我们正处于一项重要发现的边缘。

no questions about it

毋庸置疑

No questions about it,Ecuador has a great soccer team.

毫无疑问,拥有一支出色的足球队。

There is absolutely no questions about it, that was the best game of the series.

毫无疑问,这是该系列中最好的。

There is no questions about it where in a recession now.

毫无疑问,现在处于复会阶段。

by a mile

作为副词,表示程度非常大,很明显地……

Our company is ahead of all the others by a mile.

我们公司远远领先所有其他公司。

I think you are forty two

You’re off by a mile

我想你四十二岁

你猜得太离谱了

He missed the goal by a mile.

他错过了一英里的目标。

No, that’s wrong, you off by a mile.

不,那是错误的,你偏离了一英里。

the competition is ahead of us by a mile.

竞争领先我们一英里。

原文

A: Welcome back, soccer fans. My name is Rick Fields and, as always, I am joined by my commentating wingman,
Bob Copeland.
B: And we’re on the brink of soccer history today, as Ecuador and Brazil are tied one-one as we begin the
second half of the 2022 World Cup!
A: The ref calls the players for the kick off, and here we go! Ecuador quickly passes the ball to the midfield, but, ohhh, it’s out of bounds.
B: That will be a throw in for Brazil. Adriano has the ball and makes a long pass to Robinho, and the ref has called him offside.
A: No question about it. He was offside by a mile! We have a goal kick for Ecuador. Edison Mendez heads it to
Valenica, he shoots! Deflected by the defender and we have a corner kick.
B: Delgado takes the corner. We have a foul! Oh no, Dida, the goalkeeper, has fouled the Ecuadorian player! He gets a yellow card and that will be a penalty kick!
A: This is the perfect opportunity for Ecuador to get ahead in this match and become World Champions! He gets ready for the kick. He shoots! and he…

068 先有鸡或蛋

irrefutable

无可辩驳

Look, we have irrefutable evidences, he is the killer

听着,我们有铁证,他就是凶手

The facts are irrefutable, smoking has a negative impact on your health.

事实无可辩驳,吸烟对健康有负面影响。

The irrfutable truth is that there is a monster live in the Lek area.

无可辩驳的事实是,在 Lek 地区住着一个怪物。

flawed

有缺陷的

systematic

系统的

If somethingis systematic, it follows a process

We need to approach this problem in a systematic way.

我们需要系统地解决这个问题。

We did a systematic evaluation of the evidence.

我们对证据进行了系统评估。

He is a very systematic guy, he is very careful with his work.

他是一个非常系统的人,他对自己的工作非常小心。

preposterous

离谱的,荒谬的【old fashioned】

oblivious to

健忘,忘记

Nio is oblivious to what is going around him.

尼奥对周围发生的事情一无所知。

Are you oblivious to the truth.

你是否忘记了真相

I was oblivious to the fact that there is a virus on my computer.

我忘记了我的计算机上有病毒这一事实。

extensive research

广泛的研究=a lot of research

really studied and you have really looked things up.

conclusive evidence

确凿的证据

it’s the final decision , you can’t argue with that.

investigative approach

调查方法

the way you investigate

definitive conclusion

最终结论

you can’t argue with it or change it.

We have not come to any definitive conclusion yet.

我们还没有得出任何明确的结论。

Before you make definitive conclusion, make sure you examine the evidence.

在你做出明确的结论之前,一定要检查证据。

The researchers failed to arrive at any definitive conclusions.

研究人员未能得出任何明确的结论。

single-handedly

单枪匹马

do something on you own

circumstantial evidence

旁证,间接的证明

We studied this problem carefully and we found some circustantial evidence of global warming

我们仔细研究了这个问题,我们发现了一些全球变暖的间接证据

This no circumstantial evidence that links diet cock with health problem.

这没有间接证据表明饮食公鸡与健康问题有关。

There is a circumstantial evidence showing that smokers die younger.

有间接证据表明吸烟者死得更早。

原文

A: We’ve been over this a thousand times. The data is irrefutable! Look, we’ve done extensive research, built studies, and read the literature, and there is conclusive evidence to support my theory!
B: Horowitz, I beg to differ. Even in your most recent study, the investigative approach was flawed! You know as well as I do that the collection of data was not systematic, and there is a large margin of error. To draw a definitive conclusion based on that data would be misleading
A: That is preposterous!
B: You are trying to single-handedly solve one of the world’s greatest mysteries, and yet you are oblivious to the fact that you are wrong!
A: I am not wrong! The chicken came first!
B: No! The egg came first!

069 早餐鸡蛋

picky

挑剔的,过分讲究的

yolk

蛋黄

the white

蛋白

sunny side up

蛋黄不煎的做法,蛋黄很水润

when you fry an egg, the yolk looks like a little sun

yolk is liquid anymore

fried egg

煎鸡蛋

yolk is not liquid anymore, it becomes hard

soft boiled egg

软煮鸡蛋

eggs and soldiers

一种鸡蛋吃法

you have soft boiled egg in a cup, and you have a piece of toast , but the toast is cut into long pieces and then you take those pieces and you dip them into the egg yolk.

scrambled eggs

炒鸡蛋

a house husband

一个家庭丈夫

I felt like doing something

我想做

you have the desire to do something.

I felt like doing baking

我想烘烤

I feel like eating lunch.

我想吃午饭。

drives me crazy

令人发疯

This music is driving me crazy , turn it down.

这音乐快把我逼疯了,调低音量。

Don’t leave garbage in my car, it drives me crazy.

不要把垃圾留在我的车里,它让我发疯

Your mom is driving me crazy, she keeps calling me.

你妈妈让我发疯,她一直给我打电话。

原文

A: Wow, you’re up early today! What’s for breakfast?
B: Well, I felt like baking, so I made some muffins.
A: Smells good! I’ll make some coffee. Do you want me
to make you some eggs?
B: Sure, Ill take mine, sunny side up.
A: Eww, I don’t know how you can eat your eggs like that!
Ever since I was small, I’ve had eggs and soldiers.
B: You know, my dad had scrambled eggs eggs every
morning for twenty years. It drove my mom crazy!
A: You know what really drives me crazy? When I ask for
soft boiled eggs, and they overcook them, so they come
out hard boiled! How can you dip your toast into a
hard boiled egg?
B: You’re so picky sometimes.
A: Here you go, honey, fried eggs.
B: Dammit! I said sunny side up! How many times
do I have to tell you.

070 内裤

sucks

糟透了

This sucks ,now I have to wait another hour for the next train.

这太糟糕了,现在我必须再等一个小时才能搭乘下一班火车。

That movie sucks it’s so boring.

那部电影糟透了,太无聊了。

I suck at basketball.

我很烂篮球。

have a look around

光顾

= browse

Let’s have a look around before we decide.

在我们决定之前让我们四处看看。

I don’t know what I’m gonna get, I haven’t have a looked around yet.

我不知道我会得到什么,我还没有环顾四周。

Did you wanna have a look around and see what is available.

您想环顾四周,看看有什么可用的吗?

Lacy

蕾丝,花边

I don’t like lacy dress.

我不喜欢蕾丝裙子。

These flowers are so lacy and delicate.

这些花是如此花边和精致。

It’s too lacy I don’t like it.

太花边了,不喜欢

Lingerie

女士性感内衣

woman nice sex underwear

awkward

尴尬

granny panties

超大内裤,奶奶内裤

sleepwear

睡衣

nighties

睡衣

one type of sleep wear is silk nighties

push up bra

推高文胸

a bra that raises the breasts, so as to offer additional size through padding

undies

内衣

underwear的缩写,informal

briefs

男士内裤

knickers

英国叫法,内裤

=panties

mortifying

非常尴尬

very embrassassing , and want to die for it.

And then I fell in front of everyone, it was mortifying.

然后我倒在了所有人面前,真是丢脸

I was competely mortified when I realized what I’ve done.

当我意识到我所做的事情时,我感到非常羞愧。

It must be mortifying for her when she realize her underwear is showing.

当她意识到她的内衣暴露在外时,一定让她感到羞愧。

get the hell out of here

想离开某个地方

I wanna leave

This place scary the shit out of me, let’s get the hell out of here.

这个地方很可怕,让我们离开这里吧。

What are you doing in my house, get the hell out of here.

你在我家干什么,滚出去。

We were at a friends’s party all of a sudden her parents arrived ,we got the hell out of there as quickly as possible.

我们正在参加一个朋友的聚会,突然她的父母来了,我们尽快离开了这里。

get this over with

尽快结束(不想再做)

I wanna finish it really quickly in negative way, you’re not really enjoying it. you do not really enjoy it.

I wanna get this over with.

我想尽快结束

I want to get this test over with.

我想结束这个测试。

We just have one thing get to do, so let’s just get it over with.

我们只有一件事要做,所以让我们结束吧。

Can we get this over with by Monday?

我们能在星期一之前解决这个问题吗?

Going commando

不穿内衣

Going command is a way of saying that you’re not wearing any underwear.

原文

A: This sucks; I hate buying lingerie. Okay, just find something and get the hell out of here. Alright, these are fine. Oh, no, don’t come over here, don’t come over here.
B: You look a little lost, can I help you?
A: Um, I’m just having a look around. It’s my girlfriend’s birthday tomorrow. Im trying to find her something.
B: Well, you can’t give her granny panties. Have you thought about getting her some sleepwear? We’ve got these lovely, silky nighties. Or, how about a nice panty-and and-bra set. Look, here’s a nice satin push-up bra, and you can choose a few different styles of undies to go with it.
A: Sure that’s fine.
A: This is so awkward…what ones do I pick? What size is she?
B: Well, do you want a thong, some bikini briefs, maybe this nice pair of lacy boy shorts?
A: Just pick something and get the hell out of here.
A: Um, Ill go with these two.
A: This is mortifying; I just want to get this over with. She better thank me for this… Here you are, sir. I’m sure she’ll enjoy them.
B: Finally!
A: I’m sorry, sir. I’m going to have to take a look inside your bag.

071 酒吧用语

on tap

fresh beer from a special machine in the bar

If drinks are on tap, they come from a tap rather than from a bottle.

what do you have on tap?

你的桶里面有什么现成的酒

We don’t have any beer on tap.

我们没有任何桶装啤酒

special

a sale, a special price

特价

i will have the lunch special.

我要吃特价午餐

Can we have the two for one special.

我们可以买二送一吗?

happy hour

a period of time when drinks are very cheap

do u have happy hour special.

你有特别的半价时间吗?

i will have the lunch special

我要吃特价午餐

Can we have the two for one special

我们可以买二送一吗?

pint

a beer word, the size of glass

1pint=0.4L

appetizers

开胃菜

a food eaten before dinner or lunch, something small eaten right before ur real dinner.

Would u like to start with some appetizers?

您想先来点开胃菜吗?

What appetizers do u have?

你有什么开胃菜?

There are many appetizers on their menu.

他们的菜单上有各种类型的开胃菜。

nachos

nachos are corn chips

玉米片

mozzarella sticks

a cheese fired by oil

奶酪棒

buck

dollar

liquor

酒精

strong alcohol drink

pub

酒吧

a relaxed casual bar where beer served

what about

can’t be used to ask some infomations

can be used to suggest

What about these dirty clothes? u said u will wash them days ago.

这些脏衣服怎么办? 你几天前就说过你会洗他们。

What about going to mall instead? I’m tired of going to the movies.

不如去商场呢? 我厌倦了去看电影。

What about pizza instead of noodles.

用披萨代替面条怎么样?

My computer can’t connect to Internet, What about yours.

原文

A: Hey man, what do you have on tap?
B: Heineken and Budweiser. We have a two-for-one happy hour special.
A: Cool, give me a pint of Heineken and half a pint of Bud.
B: Okay…A pint of Heineken and and half a pint of bud for table six! And what about some appetizers?
A: Sure! Let’s have some nachos and mozzarella sticks.
B: Okay. That’ll be 80 bucks.
A: Wait… What!

072 被辞职

preoccupied

If somebody is preoccupied, they are not focus , they are thinking something else.

心事重重

Jing is pretty preoccupied ,i think she’s having some family problems

静很心事重重,我认为她有一些家庭问题

Oh, were u talking to me honey?I’m sorry, I’m just really preoccupied with work.

哦,亲爱的,你在跟我说话吗? 我只是真的全神贯注于工作。

John was so preoccupied with his deadline that he forgot to attend to his cousin’s wedding ceremony.

约翰全神贯注于他的最后期限,以至于忘记了参加他表弟的婚礼。

a direct impact

直接影响

Our overtime costs are having a direct impact on our profits.

我们的加班成本直接影响我们的利润。

The new scandals are having a direct impact on the president’s approval ratings.

新的丑闻对总统的支持率产生直接影响

This decision is going to have a direct impact on our success.

这一决定将对我们的成功产生直接影响

resent

I find that to be not true,I find that insulting.

怨恨

If somebody tells u :“u r lazy” u can talk back “I resent that!”

如果有人告诉你:“你很懒”,你可以反驳“不是这样!”

beat around the bush

you’re kind of looking for the right or maybe more polite words to say something.

拐弯抹角

U really shouldn’t choose john as ur debate contest partener, u konw , he always beat around the bush.

你真的不应该选择约翰作为你的辩论比赛伙伴,你知道,他总是拐弯抹角

plz don’t beat around the bush, if u wannna break up, just say so.

请不要拐弯抹角,如果你想分手,就直说吧。

stop beating around the bush and tell me what u have to say.

别再拐弯抹角了,告诉我你要说什么。

come out with it

直说,不拐弯抹角

what are u trying to say, just come out with it.

你想说什么,就说出来

when will they come out with it, we know they are boyf and girlf

他们什么时候出来,我们知道他们是男孩和女孩

don’t keep secret from me, just come out with it.

不要对我隐瞒,直接说出来

let you go

让你走(礼貌地说你被炒了)

Due to the economic crisis we have to let some employees go.

由于经济危机,我们不得不解雇一些员工

I can’t believe it after 12 years of working here ,they just let me go.

我简直不敢相信,在这里工作了 12 年之后,他们就让我走了。

If u continue to make this mistake , we have to let u go.

如果你继续犯这个错误,我们就必须放你走。

severance package

解雇补偿金

lay off

遣散

dismissal letter

解雇

原文

A: Hi Isabel! You wanted to see me?
B: Yes Anthony, come on in. Have a seat.
A: Is everything okay? You seem a bit preoccupied.
B: Well, Anthony, this is not going to be an easy conversation. The company has made some decisions which will have a direct impact on your employment.
A: Okay…
B: I don’t want to beat around the bush so I’m just gonna come out with it. We are going to have to let you go.
A: What? Why? I mean… just like that? I’m fired?
B: I’m sorry but, to be honest, you are a terrible employee!
A: What! I resent that!
B: Anthony, you were caught making international calls from the office phone, you called in sick in eight times this month and you smell like alcohol!

073 五指

pinky/little finger

小指

She was cutting some vegetables and she cut his pinky.

她正在切蔬菜,还切了他的小指。

Pinky rings are really popular these days.

小指戒指最近很流行

she slipped the ring on to her pinky.

她把戒指戴在小指上

ring finger

无名指

Do u see that diamond ring on her ring finger.

你看到她无名指上的钻戒了吗?

the wedding ring doesn’t go on the index finger goes on the ring finger.

结婚戒指不是戴在食指上,而是戴在无名指上。

plz fit the ring with the exact size with my ring finger.

请用我的无名指戴上尺寸准确的戒指。

middle finger

中指

index finger

食指

the finger to point

don’t point at me with ur index finger.

别用食指指着我。

some people think the longer ur index finger the more success u will have

有些人认为食指越长你就越成功

i lost my index finger in a car accident

我在一场车祸中失去了食指

thumb

拇指

abide

遵守

People in this country all abide in peace and happiesness.

这个国家的人民都安乐

Do u abide in ur own house now?

你现在住在自己的房子里吗?

U must abide by the law or we will take u to the prison.

你必须遵守,否则我们将把你送进监狱。

abide in peace

平静地生活

With this ring I thee wed

有了这枚戒指,我与你结婚了

thee = you

wed = marry

Wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment

佩戴它作为我们爱和承诺的象征

commitment

承诺

She isn’t ready to make a life-long commitment to her boyfriend.

她还没有准备好对男友做出终生的承诺

Raising a child is a big commitment.

抚养孩子是一项重大的承诺。

are u afraid to make a commitment?

你害怕做出承诺吗?

wedding ring

结婚戒指

engagement ring

订婚戒指

the commitment to marry another.

bless

祝福

原文

A: …The rings please. May this ring be blessed so he who gives it and she who wears it may abide in peace, and
continue in love until life’s end.
B: With this ring I thee wed. Wear it as a symbol of our love and commitment.
A: Honey, that’s my pinkie. The ring goes on the ring finger!
B: This one?
A: That’s my index finger!
B: Oh, right. This one, right?
A: Umm… that’s the thumb, Nick.
B: Okay, Okay, I got it! This is the ring finger!
A: That’s my middle finger, Nick. This is my ring finger!

074 约会时自我对话

positively

truly

salad

a dish made of vegetable

famished

very hungry

sexist

sex to the greast degree

dumb ass

no polite word

笨蛋

= dumb stupid idiot

does some stupid things

I hate Tom he’s such a dumb ass, last week he borrowed my mobie phone and dropped it into a pool.

U are such a dumb ass, u can’t carry MarryAna into the ariport

such a dumb ass, no wonder girls don’t like him.

That’s really a dumb ass thing to do.

moron

白痴

no smart

don’t know what 1+1 is

I don’t like very Kevin much, he can be a really moron at times.

tool

骂人是无用的东西

good for nothing

He was looking for a job , but he didn’t even have a resume prepared , he’s such a tool.

chill

relax

放松

be cool

We are chilling with my friends.

我正在和朋友们一起放松(不做什么事儿)

Chill , i will be there in five minutes.

Chill out man, it’s no a big problem.

scream at the top of my lungs

用尽全力尖叫

I was screamed at the top of my lungs but no one heard me.

That guy looks crazy he’s screaming at the top of his lungs.

We are screaming at the top of our lungs because we are so excited.

get it together

冷静下来

振作起来!

Get it together! now it’s not the time start to cry.

I’m so stress out, i just can’t seems to get it together.

We just had a tirtable game, but then we just got it together and won the match.

get ur shit together

振作起来!

把生活料理、整理好

what the hell

=wtf

发生什么了?

no polite

what the hell is going on?

这到底是怎么回事?

where the hell are u, i’ve been waiting for hours.

你到底在哪里,我已经等了好几个小时了。

how the hell did u do that, that’s amazing!

你到底是怎么做到的,太神奇了!

When the hell u gonna find a job, i’m tired to pay for everything.

当你他妈的找到工作时,我厌倦了支付一切费用。

who the hell are u, i don’t know u.

你到底是谁,我不认识你。

why the hell would i know who start the fight, i wasn’t there.

crap

= no

但语气更强

但不如oh shit强

feminism

女权主义

first impression

第一印象

blow it

miss opportunity or chance

原文

A: Miss, your salad.
B: Mmm, looks good! I’m positively famished.
A: And for you, sir…
C: Thank you.
A: Enjoy.

B,C:Thank you.
C: I can’t believe she’s on a date with me! I’m so lucky! I must be the luckiest guy in the world! I want to scream at the top of my lungs, ” I’m the luckiest dude in the world! ”
Oh, shut up! Don’t be such a dumb ass. She’s so hot. Wait, I can’t say that. That’s sexist. She’s so hot, She’s making me sexist. Oh my god! I’m such a tool. Okay, get it together. Uhh, she’s eating salad. Oh right, I have a salad. Oh, crap! Which fork do I use? Dammit! She’s going to think I’m a moron. What the hell are all these forks for? Which one did she use? Okay, chillbe cool, be cool. Just take a fork… eat your salad…
B: Um… I…
C: Yrmf? Mmmm. Sorry, you were saying?
B: You’re eating my salad.
C: Oh, yes… it’s delicious…

075 看牙医

toothache

牙痛

X-rays

x光线, a picture of ur bones.

swollen

肿胀

swoll v

swelling adj

My nose is swolllen, it’s the size of football.

Put some ice on ur foot and the swelling will go down.

I got bit by a spider and my hands are swelling up.

wisdom tooth

智齿

the last teeth at the end of ur month.

I just got my widom teeth out, so i can’t eat anything.

cavity

a hole in ur tooth.

牙洞

my tooth is really hurting , i think i have a cavity.

if u don’t brush ur teeth, i will get cavities.

u can see through this x-ray, u have four cavities

crown

visiable part of ur tooth.

root

invisiable part of ur tooth.

a filling

when u have a cavity, u need to fill something in to cover it up the cavity.

填充物

what seems to be the problem

怎么了

very polite

= what’s wrong

一般用于医生对病人询问,医生一般不说what’s wrong with u.

let’s have a look/let’s look at it

让我看看

So u having a car trouble , let’s have a look at the engine.

let’s have a look at ur computer and see what the problem is.

Let me have a look at ur report.

It doesn’t look good

看上去不好, there are going to be problems

John told me it doesn’t look good for me, i probably won’t get the job.

约翰告诉我这对我来说看起来不太好,我可能不会得到这份工作。

It doesn’t look good for Michael Jackson, he’s in a lot of debt.

对于迈克尔·杰克逊来说,这看起来不太好,他负债累累。

u now,the economy doesn’t look very good.

你现在,经济看起来不太好

before it gets any worse

在情况变得糟糕之前

mouthwash

漱口水

floss

牙线

原文

A: Hey, Gary, great to see you again. Please have a seat. So tell me, what seems to be the problem?
B: Thanks, doc. I’ve got a really bad toothache! I can’t eat anything, and look, my face is all swollen. I think it might be my wisdom tooth.
A: Well, let’s have a look. Open wide. Hmm… this doesn’t look good. Well, it looks like you have a cavity and your crown is loose. We’ll need to put in a filling before it gets any worse, and the crown probably needs to be refitted.I’m going to order some x-rays.
B: Is it gonna hurt?
A: No, not at all! Just lay back and relax.
A: Ok, spit.

076 数学课

review

go over for has been learned.

operation

加减乘除(操作符号)

multiapplication

乘法

addition

the process of add two numbers together.

加法过程

subtraction

the process or skill of taking one number or amount away from another.

减法过程

division

the action of separating something into parts or the process of being separated.

除法过程

teacher’s pet

老师最喜欢的学生

Mom, everyone in school says i’m a teacher’s pet.

妈妈,学校里的每个人都说我是老师的宠儿。

There was a kid that used to bring my teacher a apple everyday, he was such a teacher’s pet.

有一个孩子曾经每天给我的老师带来一个苹果,他真是老师的宠物

I always hate the kid who was teacher’s pet, he was always get mroe attention.

我一直讨厌那个老师的宠儿,他总是受到更多的关注。

suck up

try really hard to let others like him.

马屁虫

We have a college at work who is the biggest suck up who is always being nice to our boss.

我们工作中有一所大学,他是最大的马屁精,他总是对我们的老板很好。

I hate it when someone try to suck up to you just because you work with the man.

我讨厌有人仅仅因为你和他一起工作就试图拍你马屁

There is a job oppening next month for a manager position i think i’m going to act like a suck up to get that job.

下个月有一个经理职位空缺,我想我会像个马屁精一样去得到那份工作。

plus

Everyone knows 2 plus 2 equals 4.

大家都知道2加2等于4。

We need five tickets plus extra one for john.

我们需要五张票,再加一张给约翰。

I have 2k dollars in my bank account plus an extra five hundard under my bed.

minus

减法

The ticket cost 100 dollars minus 10% discount.

票价100美元减去10%的折扣。

I don’t understand this , do you know one minus one equals?

我不明白这个,你知道一减一等于吗?

There were five cans of tools here minus two ate in this morning, where are the rest?

这里的香椿罐头有五罐,今天早上吃了两罐,剩下的在哪里?

divided by

被除

To solve this problem, you only to divided this number of days in a year by the number of days worked.

要解决这个问题,您只需将一年中的天数除以工作天数即可。

My weight is 140ponds , so if i divided that by 2.2 i will know my weight in kilograms.

我的体重是 140ponds,所以如果我将其除以 2.2,我就会知道我的体重(公斤)。

I don’t think we have enough food, we only have two pizzas and we need to divided by 20 people.

我觉得我们的食物不够,我们只有两个披萨,而且需要分成20个人。

smarty pants

try too hard to be smart.

聪明小子

square

平方

root

know-it-all

somebody try to show other that he know everything, very annoying!

无所不知先生

I bet

for sure something gonna happen.

原文

A: Alright, children, let’s review. Tommy! Pay attention!
B: Sorry Miss Kadlec.
A: Okay, Crystal, now tell me, what’s four plus eleven?
C: Um…fifteen!
B: Miss Kadlec always asks Crystal; she’s such a teacher’s pet.
A: Okay…and what about fifty six minus sixty?
C: Um… negative four!
A: Very good… twelve times twelve?
B: Very good. Suck up.
C: One hundred and forty four!
A: Zero divided by one?
C: Zero!
A: How did you know that? Okay, smarty pants, the square root of two!
B: Bet you’re not going to get that one, know-it-all.
C: Um…one point four one four two one three five…

077 F1赛车现场

Spin out

you’ve kind of lose control of the car and it starts to spin.It goes in circles.

Pace car

a car come out and be of… ahead of everyone when there’s an accident.

Cleanup crew

do manual labor

ex. the ground crew at the airport.

Tow

pull something behind you

拖走(如果车停在禁止停车区,车会被拖走)

Partner in crime

my good friend, **the person I do everything with.**my co-worker

好合作伙伴

the last stretch

最后一圈,最后的时间,最后的阶段

We are finally in the last stretch of a very long week, i can’t wait to go home

我们终于进入了漫长一周的最后一段时间,我迫不及待地想回家

He is in the last stretch of his college years and soon he will graduate.

他正处于大学生涯的最后阶段,很快就要毕业了。

We are finally in the last stretch of the game let’s fight for it.

我们终于进入了比赛的最后阶段,让我们为之奋斗。

to go

剩下

five minutes to go = five minutes left

距离结束还有5分钟

we have forty five minutes to go before the end of the day.

距离今天结束还有四十五分钟。

close one

a situation that almost dangerous, but wasn’t

刚刚太险了

is an english saying. If you are CLOSE to [getting caught](https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=getting caught) by someone or hit by something but you don’t actually get hit or caught you say “that was a close one” so if someone threw a ball at you and it was about to hit you but it didn’t and you dodged [it you](https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=it you) would then use the term “that was a close one”

That was a close one ,the teacher almost caught me cheating.

刚刚太险了,老师差点抓到我作弊

It was a close one ! we are tied and the game is almost over.

太险了,我们打平局并且游戏要结束了

My girlfriend almost find the presents I hindden under the bed, it was a close one.

我女朋友差点就发现我藏在床下的礼物,太险了

原文

A: Welcome back racing fans! My name is Rick Fields and, as always, I am joined by my partner in crime, Bob
Copeland.
B: We’re in the last stretch of this very exciting race, and Kimi Rikknen is leading the pack with only four laps to go! They are heading to turn three and Lewis Hamilton tries to pass Rikknen! It’s a close one and, oh no! Hamilton hits the wall!
A: He came in too fast, jammed on the breaks and spun out. We have a yellow flag and the pace car is making its
way onto the track.
B: The cleanup crew is towing the heavily damaged car and the green flag drops! Rikknen is still in the lead with
only two laps to go!
A: Smoke is coming out of his car! He seems to be having engine trouble! He makes his way into the pit, and Fernando Alonso takes the lead!
B: How unlucky for Rikknen, and this race is over ladies and gentlemen, Alonso takes the checkered flag!